• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I begin my American journey tomorrow...

Britsimon

Super Moderator
As many of you will know I am moving to the USA on an H1 visa before I get my DV GC in due course.

The shippers came today and removed many boxes and some furniture (although I am leaving most things for my friend who is renting the house from me). So with the possessions starting their journey I suppose we are past the point of no return. Yikes!

We are camping in our ransacked house tonight then staying at a hotel near the airport tomorrow. We will fly on Thursday to San Francisco, CA. I plan to rent a small house in the San Francisco East bay for a while and will be seeing some houses on Friday to hopefully choose one of them. Houses in that area (3 bed condo with community pool) run around $3000 per month - SF is one of the more expensive areas in the USA.

Then we will need to buy a couple of cars, a motorbike , a TV, furniture and a house full of basic things like plates, cutlery towels - you name it, we need it. That list is in order of importance. The motorbike is really the most important thing, but the wife would kill me if I don't get some family friendly transport!

My two cars are being picked up from us at the hotel - we will be sad to see them go - especially my wifes as it was her Christmas present in 2012.

I will be throwing myself at Sm1smoms' feet for her skill and help in guiding me through the aos process. I may be less active for a few days but plan to continue my presence around here as there is lots more to learn and people to help...

Best of luck with the move. I guess you'll be pretty quiet while you're moving over but don't forget us here ;)

...and hoping that we will be near-neighbours one day. (Oops, make that "neighbors" :D )

Best of luck with the move. I guess you'll be pretty quiet while you're moving over but don't forget us here ;)

...and hoping that we will be near-neighbours one day. (Oops, make that "neighbors" :D )

Thank you Susie - yeah I'll be there to ease your arrival....

Waoh! waoh! waoh! we will miss you a lot,but do not forget us here for long.Its seems you have flair for motorbike cos i can remember your post in the other thread where you said you have 2 motorbike in UK.Anyway, i wish you a safe journey to our dream land.

Have a safe trip, and best of luck! We'll miss your posts, even if it is for a few days. Put the internet connection on the top of ur to-do list when you land :p

Oh wow! How time flies! Do have a safe trip, and I hope the move goes stress free for the 'First Lady'and the 'First Daughter'.:rolleyes:

Wish I was in SF to lay out the welcoming mat, unfortunately I'm a couple of hours away. Notwithstanding though, I say welcome to Cali! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now with Simon gone, I'm gonna stop reading this forum. Simon explore for some good bars there at California so we can go grab a drink soon!

Good luck I'm excited for you. I guess sloner wil be in charge now = visa for everyone !

Here's hoping for an uneventful yet exciting trip; may all the i's be dotted and the t's crossed for you and yours.

All the best Simon and look forward to an update from the 'other side".

Warm wishes

Q