• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I begin my American journey tomorrow...

Quack, quack, quack .......... don't be a chicken Simon! :p. You will be fine doing AOS if your CN doesn't get to be current before July.

lol..... I guess their thinking is one can never be too careful.

I swear we use checks for almost anything here in the US, even for grocery bills. So you don't have to use yours for making big payments only :)

I appreciate the virtual "man the heck up" nudge - that is helpful. You make it sound easy peasy - so I will do as you say!

Regarding checks - they were rarely used in the UK - it just seems very outdated - but then that sort of fits with the US banking systems.

I appreciate the virtual "man the heck up" nudge - that is helpful. You make it sound easy peasy - so I will do as you say!

Regarding checks - they were rarely used in the UK - it just seems very outdated - but then that sort of fits with the US banking systems.

Yeah, US being 'first mover' in things seems to mean it gets stuck with old tech for some reason. Like the virtually complete absence of chip and pin card usage.

Lol.......... well, not quite easy peasy, but most of the time, it's not as tough or difficult as people often fear. Of course there are the occasional cases that simply do not follow the standard pattern. The San Francisco FO, or better yet San Jose, if you happen to fallen under their jurisdiction, is quite familiar with DV cases. Also, remember if your CN only becomes current in July, you actually get to send in your I-485 package in June, or you could even give May a shot, if you like.

Regarding the check usage, I was beyond shocked when I moved over from Canada. But now, it looks like I've been completely 'Americanized' - :D I take delight in using checks to pay service providers I'm not quite found of, even though I could easily make online payments.

Last edited by a moderator: