I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hope is there

Deep Trigger,
Thank you again for your encouraging words brother. The last E-mail I sent Anwen went unanswered. If you read the E-mail I wrote her, you could clearly see that it's just a letter out of pure frustration. I pretty much vented myself using her. So I called her a few days later and apologized. She said she wasn't offended at all and explained everything I knew already in a softer and more optimistic tone, so I wouldn't go nuts the way I did!
As for the letter from TRIG, it was an e-mail correspondence. I wrote them exactly 11 days ago, asking what I asked Ms. Hughes earlier. Little I knew that someone from TRIG's working group would actually take his or her time responding to my inquiry! That was encouraging as I now know that some elements within the body of the government have feelings and could hear you. What I mean is that, it was the fist time I directly got contacted with these folks at USCIS. THEY SEEM SO OUT OF REACH!!!!!!!! Share your thoughts please everybody.

People are beginning to get request for evidence, soon we the nondesignated groups will start with the process, this is a good news for deep trigger and I, as for you as soon as the nondesignated groups will be completed they should start with designated groups like MEK, this I believe is being done to reduce load at once, if that happens MEK will be the very first of the designated group to get exemption, that is my predictions.
Lets hope I am right so far I have not received any thing and just frustrated like most of us.

[hecate, good information...
There have been several talks as far as removing the MEK from the State Department FTO list, this is happening soon, I read so much of it. JosephEsf hang in there!!!, help is on its way, I am feeling it.
Yes hecate, I think your gut feeling is accurate and very reasonable.

hecate by the way “Do you know someone who received request for evidence and has been on hold”?
From what I was told, by different sources that all the cases on hold were all pre-adjudicated, meaning the only thing missing and was waited on was the exemption waiver. I don’t think you should on this stage receive any request for evidence or initial if you filed a while back, with Medical along with all required paperwork.
I think after the TRIG stakeholder meeting of 9/13/12, we should either start seeing approvals in mass or get clear indication on the instructional implementation].

Please let us stay tune...

No unfortunately

[hecate, good information...
There have been several talks as far as removing the MEK from the State Department FTO list, this is happening soon, I read so much of it. JosephEsf hang in there!!!, help is on its way, I am feeling it.
Yes hecate, I think your gut feeling is accurate and very reasonable.

hecate by the way “Do you know someone who received request for evidence and has been on hold”?
From what I was told, by different sources that all the cases on hold were all pre-adjudicated, meaning the only thing missing and was waited on was the exemption waiver. I don’t think you should on this stage receive any request for evidence or initial if you filed a while back, with Medical along with all required paperwork.
I think after the TRIG stakeholder meeting of 9/13/12, we should either start seeing approvals in mass or get clear indication on the instructional implementation].

Please let us stay tune...

Unfortunately this is not the case, I wish I was wrong and you were right, but these harassers are not sorry for all their cruelty, yes there is a request for evidence and no even though cases were on hold they are harassing prior release on hold cases by asking the applicants to provide request for evidence, if I get more details on it I will let you know, usually they ask for medical to be redone, remember by uscis circular we are not required to do medical again if we have submitted medical with the application, and there is no class A or B health conditions, you may search on google, "extension of validity of I-693 USCIS" there is an extension information that I had posted on my post a while back, I hope they wont harass us with medical, I have already submitted my medical 3 times, (I am allergic to TB test, last time after medical I had a reaction and had the ambulance come as some one saw me fall down I passed out, next thing I saw was paramedics, I informed this to my local service center and they never responded) with last request for evidence I took the circular to local service center and they gave me a letter informing NSC that I am not required to do medical and instructed me to attach the circular with the letter, but these people with authority to abuse told my senator if my medical and all the other documents are not received on time my case will be denied based on that. They also connected me with immigration officer on 1800 number and she put me on hold and then came back and informed your case is complete just waiting for medical, I was so desperate to see my son that I did not want to continue the struggle.
I believe there are people who have received RFE or something but they should come and share the information to let this team work benefit, we all need to contribute there is no need to feel uncomfortable, the names are not disclosed on these forums, I urge more people to come and post instead of just reading to update their information.
We all need each other, I am sure some people must have received some thing, please come and share we are all together in this for a good cause, please be a part of it, I, deep trigger, josephesq and couple more guys are not enough to complete this project, we need more sincere volunteers, also if they are not comfortable they do not have to tell which group they were associated with or what country they are from, this is the time when we need each other the most, lets just form a good information group.
The rest is up to individuals who want to help each other, I will continue to share my updates because I believe it is not fair to just come read and not contribute for this great effort we have been putting into for a long time and now together we have reached the edge.
Wish all to be united with their families may God help us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been to this fourm very recently...and I do understand everyone's frustration...I have been having the same problem...was granted asylum in 2004 and when I did want to register as a PR ..my application was put on hold based of the material support inadmisibility grounds...it took me 2 years to find out that my appilcation was put on hold...I sought the help of my loca gongressman and senator...it did not help...however, yesterday I did recieve ASC Appointment Notice requiring me to appear in local USCIS Appilcation Support Center in a couple of weeks for them to capture my biometric...after more than seven years since I have applied...I have been asked to go for fingerprints...at this stage after such a long unnecessary wait I do not know what/how to think...

Thank you for your post

I have been to this fourm very recently...and I do understand everyone's frustration...I have been having the same problem...was granted asylum in 2004 and when I did want to register as a PR ..my application was put on hold based of the material support inadmisibility grounds...it took me 2 years to find out that my appilcation was put on hold...I sought the help of my loca gongressman and senator...it did not help...however, yesterday I did recieve ASC Appointment Notice requiring me to appear in local USCIS Appilcation Support Center in a couple of weeks for them to capture my biometric...after more than seven years since I have applied...I have been asked to go for fingerprints...at this stage after such a long unnecessary wait I do not know what/how to think...

Thank you so much for posting, we will all help each other by giving heads up to each other and answer questions, please do ask if you have any questions so if some one who may be going through the same process as you are can be able to tell you what is next step and vice versa.
If you can tell us did they ever sent you any notification as request for evidence on thier website USCIS case status on line prior to the sending ASC appointment for biomatrics?
For your knowledge in 2009 they sent me a notice on website case status on line for request for evidence and I received a biomatrics ASC appointment, but later they sent me Request for evidence and asked for medical and biographical information, my attorney was confused as to why they used the language RFE for biomatrics and told me you must have received something else in mail and I told her no just the ASC biomatrics appointment, but after biomatrics they sent me RFE, so if you got a notice of RFE on case status on line you will also receive RFE for biomatrics and hopefuly not medical request but I was asked for both as you may have read it in my last post. I hope this information is helpful to you, your answer will be helpful to me as well.

Thanks all for the updates

Thank you all for keeping the enthusiasm alive, this forum is what we got. I visit this forum almost every day and it’s what keeps me going. Hopefully our misery, heartache and agony will be over soon so that we can live the life we have been waiting for.

I have been to this fourm very recently...and I do understand everyone's frustration...I have been having the same problem...was granted asylum in 2004 and when I did want to register as a PR ..my application was put on hold based of the material support inadmisibility grounds...it took me 2 years to find out that my appilcation was put on hold...I sought the help of my loca gongressman and senator...it did not help...however, yesterday I did recieve ASC Appointment Notice requiring me to appear in local USCIS Appilcation Support Center in a couple of weeks for them to capture my biometric...after more than seven years since I have applied...I have been asked to go for fingerprints...at this stage after such a long unnecessary wait I do not know what/how to think..

[SOA, I hope you don't mind me asking,
Have you done fingerprint before? / or is this one (in a couple of week) the first time?]

[SOA, I hope you don't mind me asking,
Have you done fingerprint before? / or is this one (in a couple of week) the first time?]

This is the first time I have been asked to appear for fingerprint...almost seven years after applying to registering as a PR...three years ago my employer sent a letter to the immigation services asking them to expediate my application...I do work for a defence contractor and they needed to sponsor me for security clearance...and without having my green card they could not process that application for clearance...INS sent a letter to my employer telling them the same thing that I was told...my application for adjusment of status to PR was on hold because of material support provisions of INA...

This is the first time I have been asked to appear for fingerprint...almost seven years after applying to registering as a PR...three years ago my employer sent a letter to the immigation services asking them to expediate my application...I do work for a defence contractor and they needed to sponsor me for security clearance...and without having my green card they could not process that application for clearance...INS sent a letter to my employer telling them the same thing that I was told...my application for adjusment of status to PR was on hold because of material support provisions of INA...

[Best Luck SOA, it looks like your wait is heading to an end. And thanks for the reply.]

Can you tell me

Dear SOA, I will very much appreciate if you can tell me did they ever sent you any notification as request for evidence on thier website USCIS case status on line prior to the sending ASC appointment for biomatrics?

Dear SOA, I will very much appreciate if you can tell me did they ever sent you any notification as request for evidence on thier website USCIS case status on line prior to the sending ASC appointment for biomatrics?

No I haven't got any request for evidence...if there is any development in my case, I would keep it posted here...

Thanks for the reply, hope things will move fast for all of us.

[I am hopeful it will.
Besides, Biometrics is a big part of the process, and need to be submitted prior to approval for almost every one case, there have been cases where USCIS approve the applicant and request Biometrics afterwards. I strongly believe that hecate in your case, you should not receive any RFE or RFI, you are an old timer filer like me, if there would be any development on your case I can vouch for a possible approval, which is the very END of your ordeal.
After the Sept. 13th meeting we will start seeing some improvement, I am hoping that all getting approvals within 24 to 48 hours.

Let it be so, Sister & Brothers stay tune please...

Biographical information

[I am hopeful it will.
Besides, Biometrics is a big part of the process, and need to be submitted prior to approval for almost every one case, there have been cases where USCIS approve the applicant and request Biometrics afterwards. I strongly believe that hecate in your case, you should not receive any RFE or RFI, you are an old timer filer like me, if there would be any development on your case I can vouch for a possible approval, which is the very END of your ordeal.
After the Sept. 13th meeting we will start seeing some improvement, I am hoping that all getting approvals within 24 to 48 hours.

Let it be so, Sister & Brothers stay tune please...

I believe if you have not had your biographical information updated by uscis, which needs to be updated, you must expect to receive RFE/I this is due to a requirement by USCIS, biographical information requires you to inform them where have you lived in last 5 years, where have you worked in last 5 years and other information like how many times have you been married, etc, with that they usually ask for medical which is valid for one year, I have gone through this process 3 times, its a painful chapter, I am allergic to TB test as explained earlier, any ways you and I are so close to updating each other that if either one of us gets something the other will be informed, and we are almost in the same priority so lets see how it goes. I am glad to have some one like you and some nice guys who share and help each other with information, may we all soon come here with good news.
I was wondering shoul'nt we be approved from retroactive date since our application is pending for 13 years?. is there a way or hope to fight for that.

I believe if you have not had your biographical information updated by uscis, which needs to be updated, you must expect to receive RFE/I this is due to a requirement by USCIS, biographical information requires you to inform them where have you lived in last 5 years, where have you worked in last 5 years and other information like how many times have you been married, etc, with that they usually ask for medical which is valid for one year, I have gone through this process 3 times, its a painful chapter, I am allergic to TB test as explained earlier, any ways you and I are so close to updating each other that if either one of us gets something the other will be informed, and we are almost in the same priority so lets see how it goes. I am glad to have some one like you and some nice guys who share and help each other with information, may we all soon come here with good news.
I was wondering shoul'nt we be approved from retroactive date since our application is pending for 13 years?. is there a way or hope to fight for that.

I guess I have to agree with you on the Biographical information update, because you make sense on your logic explanation. I am so glad too that we have each other, the feeling is mutual. I will update every one as soon as I have some movement on my case.
Retroactively approval? Hein!!! That would be fair and nice. I really doubt it, because USCIS has been inconsistent about that process, some were lucky to be backdated a year before the application submission regardless of the hold, and they were eligible to apply for citizenship right away, some others did not even have one year backdated and were on hold over 3 to 4 years.

You are right

I guess I have to agree with you on the Biographical information update, because you make sense on your logic explanation. I am so glad too that we have each other, the feeling is mutual. I will update every one as soon as I have some movement on my case.
Retroactively approval? Hein!!! That would be fair and nice. I really doubt it, because USCIS has been inconsistent about that process, some were lucky to be backdated a year before the application submission regardless of the hold, and they were eligible to apply for citizenship right away, some others did not even have one year backdated and were on hold over 3 to 4 years.

My co worker in my company was on hold he was from Egypt, he got his green card 5 years backdated after receiving his green card he applied for citizenship, but this was while back.

My co worker in my company was on hold he was from Egypt, he got his green card 5 years backdated after receiving his green card he applied for citizenship, but this was while back.

[True, ...
But USCIS is very inconsistent in that process. I know a couple that was put on hold, when their group got clear, the wife (derivative) gets 5 years backdated, the husband (principal) didn't even have the one (1) year backdated, I helped him write letters, because customer service phone line was so useless, but all our efforts were also in vain, his situation was left unresolved. I know also one dude from Ethiopia, he also didn't even have the one year backdated. It is just the lack of consistency with USCIS, backdated to me is a matter of chance & luck, but we will soon find out.]

No transparency

[True, ...
But USCIS is very inconsistent in that process. I know a couple that was put on hold, when their group got clear, the wife (derivative) gets 5 years backdated, the husband (principal) didn't even have the one (1) year backdated, I helped him write letters, because customer service phone line was so useless, but all our efforts were also in vain, his situation was left unresolved. I know also one dude from Ethiopia, he also didn't even have the one year backdated. It is just the lack of consistency with USCIS, backdated to me is a matter of chance & luck, but we will soon find out.]
We don’t know what the reason is and how they back date the green cards, unfortunately there is no transparency here. Crushing minorities unreasonably, it is a matter of shame that is all I can say.
I wish I had left for Canada in 2004 when USCIS asked me for the second medical instead of keeping my hopes, now the Canadians are pretty hard on those charged on grounds of material support, the first question they ask is you have been living in the USA for 20 years why have they not given you a citizenship yet, and then the can of worms gets opened, hope green card will at least resolve that issue.
I still wish if they give us an option of either taking green card or refund of all FICA savings I have been paying out of my hard earned for over 20 years, I would jump for my FICA, USA after all these atrocities has now lost my faith.

We don’t know what the reason is and how they back date the green cards, unfortunately there is no transparency here. Crushing minorities unreasonably, it is a matter of shame that is all I can say.
I wish I had left for Canada in 2004 when USCIS asked me for the second medical instead of keeping my hopes, now the Canadians are pretty hard on those charged on grounds of material support, the first question they ask is you have been living in the USA for 20 years why have they not given you a citizenship yet, and then the can of worms gets opened, hope green card will at least resolve that issue.
I still wish if they give us an option of either taking green card or refund of all FICA savings I have been paying out of my hard earned for over 20 years, I would jump for my FICA, USA after all there atrocities has now lost my faith.

[hecate, I most definitely feel all the cruel Pain and Suffering you went through over and over. Honestly it has been a very painful and unusual punishment for almost all of us that have been on hold. However cases like yours, mine and a few others are been too extreme, meaning the wait has been too long, depressive and way too exhaustive. But again I truly think that all is coming to an happy end. I was told that USCIS will not start any implementation before the Sept. 13th TRIG stakeholder meeting, and until the Announcement becomes a Policy-Memorandum and publicized in the Federal Registry web; After-which adjudications will start occurring.

Let us all be tune, and stick to one another.

Thanks hecate. ]

Hi guys this is the letter I got back from TRIG after I requested on the status of my case after the new exemption is signed.

"Thank you for your inquiry into the status of your I-485 application. You had been determined to be inadmissible under INA 212(a)(3)(B) for having provided material support to the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Party (EPRP). The EPRP fall within the definition of an undesignated (Tier III) terrorist organization. Your case is among many that are being reviewed to determine whether the newly authorized Limited General Exemption may be applied. Due to the high volume of cases being reviewed it may take as long as 2 to 4 months for your case to be reviewed. Please contact us again if you have not received any notification from USCIS by that time regarding the status of your I-485."

hope it will give an insight on how this people are handling our cases, and promise to post the subsequent correspondences.