I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Somebody told me recently that if we keep on calling the toll free customer service number, that might help in accelerating the case, is it true? And somebody told me again that if we keep on calling, they will have restriction in your case that you will not be able to call for next 6 months....... any idea guys????

Does this mean, USCIS is trying to get off all the cases by the end of 2011..........???? This is not bad, when we have waited for sooooo long, waiting for 6 more months is not really a big deal, I guess. Its better later than never.

Does the change of country condition affect the approval process? I know that a lot of people have been waiting for many years. During this waiting period, a lot of changes might have happen in the COP. Did USCIS deny any application because of a change of condition?

Somebody told me recently that if we keep on calling the toll free customer service number, that might help in accelerating the case, is it true? And somebody told me again that if we keep on calling, they will have restriction in your case that you will not be able to call for next 6 months....... any idea guys????

Answer to question 1 (NO)
Answer to question 2 (NO)
Thanks for the link, I hope this bill will pass soon.

It's been awfully quite out here. It's been over a month. Seems none of us has any thing to report. Well take this as a 'greetings'. Hope there is good news around the corner.

Hey,
I just have a question to the audience. I was granted Asylum since October 2009 and consequently I submitted I-730 for my family members ( wife and kids who are still in Africa). Since then only my daughter has been approved in April 2011. I did received a lot of emails from USCIS talking about material support , the section 212 bla bla bla .
My question is : It has been 2 years since I was granted asylum and I would like to applied for a green card or change of status. Would my application or ultimately my obtention of the GC change the conditions of my still-pending I-730 ? in other words , would I need to submit i-130 if granted the GC or the I-730 would still be valid ? My intention is to possibly take advantage of the clock toward my citizenship. Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everybody,

I got an email from Melanie stating that USCIS has a meeting September 13, 2011. Hope she will have good news for us. On her Last email she mentions that USCIS had made significant progress towards issuing exemptions for many countries and also that their goal is to get all of the cases off hold by the end of 2011

Good luck! Keep praying

Groups not currently considered to be Tier III groups (with period, if relevant)1
 Burma: AAYSC (All Arakan Students’ and Youths’ Congress); ASYC (Arakan Student Youth
Committee); ABYMU (All Burma Young Monks Union); AKSYU (All Kachin Students and Youth
Union); KYO (Karen Youth Organization); KSDF (Kuki Students Democratic Front); NCUB
(National Council of the Union of Burma); NLD (National League for Democracy); NLD-LA
(National League for Democracy-Liberated Areas); MPU (Members of Parliament Union); SYCB
(Students and Youth Congress of Burma); ABSU (All Burma Students’ Union); DAB (Democratic
Alliance of Burma); ALD (Arakan League for Democracy); DPNS (Democratic Party for a New
Society); Mon Democratic Party; MNDF (Mon National Democratic Front); MLOB (Muslim
Liberation Organization of Burma); NDD (Network for Democracy and Development); YCOWA
(Yaung Chi Oo Worker Association); ZNC (Zomi National Congress); PDP (Parliamentary
Democracy Party - not a Tier III from 1960-1980 only).
 Cameroon: SCNC (Southern Cameroon National Council); SCYL (Southern Cameroons Youth
League); SDF (Social Democratic Front); UPC (Cameroon People’s Union/Union of the Peoples of
Cameroon- not a Tier III after 1971 only).
 El Salvador: FMLN (Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front - not a Tier III after 1993 only).
 Ethiopia & Eritrea: AAPO (All Amhara People’s Organization); AEUP (All Ethiopian Unity Party);
AFD (Alliance for Freedom and Democracy); CAFPDE (Council of Alternative Forces for Peace and
Democracy in Ethiopia); CUDP (Coalition for Unity and Democracy Party); EDA (Eritrean
Democratic Alliance); EDP (Eritrean Democratic Party); ELF-RC (Eritrean Liberation Front –
Revolution Council); ENSF (Eritrean National Salvation Front -not a Tier II before 9/20/08 only);
ENUF (Ethiopian National United Front); ERDF (Eritrean Revolutionary Democratic Front); EPRDF
(Ethiopian Peoples’ Revolutionary Democratic Front --not a Tier III after 5/27/91 only); EPRP
(Ethiopian People’s Revolutionary Party -- not a Tier II after 1/93 only); Oromo National Congress;
PDFLE (People’s Democratic Front for the Liberation of Eritrea); SEPDC (Southern Ethiopia
People’s Democratic Coalition); TAND (Tigrean Alliance for National Democracy); UEDF (United
Ethiopian Democratic Forces).
 Haiti: NFCD (National Front for Change and Democracy).
 Indonesia: Al-Nahda.
 Iraq: ADM (Assyrian Democratic Movement); ADF; Al-Amin.
 Kosovo: LDK (Democratic League of Kosovo).
 Lebanon: March 14 Movement.
 Liberia: ALCOP (All Liberia Coalition Party).
 Mauritania: FLAM (African Liberation Forces of Mauritania) not a Tier III after April 1992 only.
 Nepal: Nepali Congress Party; Nepali Students Union; Tarun Dal (not a Tier III after 1969 only).
 Pakistan: PPP (Pakistan Peoples’ Party).
 Russia: Nashi
 Sudan: Beja Congress (not a Tier III before 1995 and after 1996 only); DUP (Democratic Unionist
Party); NDA (National Democratic Alliance); UDF (United Democratic Front); Umma Party (not a
Tier III before 1/1/95 and after 12/31/97 only).
 Turkey: HADEP (Peoples’ Democracy Party).

Examples of groups identified by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in adjustment denials as “Tier III” terrorist
organizations include “the Mujahidin” generally, the National Islamic Front of Afghanistan, and Jamiat-e-Islami (Afghanistan
in the 1980s); Harakat-e-Islami (Afghanistan); “uprising against the Iraqi government” in southern Iraq in 1991; Kurdish Democratic
Party (KDP) (Iraq); All-Burma Students Democratic Front (ABSDF) and God’s Army (Burma); Unspecified
“counter-revolutionary group” in Cuba; Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA), National Democratic Alliance (NDA), Democratic
Unionist Party (DUP) (Sudan); Eritrean People’s Liberation Front (EPLF) (Eritrea in the 1970s and ‘80s); Eritrean
Liberation Front-RC (ELF-RC) and unnamed Eritrean opposition movements; Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), Ethiopian People’s
Revolutionary Party (EPRP), Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD), Alliance for Freedom and Democracy (AFD),
Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) (Ethiopia); “the Chechen Militia”; Fédération Estudiantine et Scolaire de Côte
d’Ivoire (FESCI) (Côte d’Ivoire); Akali Dal Mann (India); Awami League (Bangladesh).

Hello

Here what I got from Melanie, I hope that will helps
Below is the response from USCIS at this week’s meeting. There is a concern that although the IPC, which is the government’s working group responsible for recommending exemptions, has made and plans to make additional recommendations for exemptions, the Secretary of Homeland Security has taken a very long time to sign exemptions (and in fact there are several that are pending with her and have been for quite a while). We’re planning some events this fall to put some pressure on the Secretary so she signs the exemptions quickly, please stay in touch.
imeline: Does DHS believe that the timeframe previously announced for clearing all cases on hold as of May 2010 by the end of 2011 will be met?
v Yes. There have been 14,000 exemptions to date, and are currently approximately 4,000 cases on hold. The exemptions currently before the IPC should clear out the remainder of the cases.

Hello

Below is the response from USCIS at this week’s meeting. There is a concern that although the IPC, which is the government’s working group responsible for recommending exemptions, has made and plans to make additional recommendations for exemptions,the Secretary of Homeland Security has taken a very long time to sign exemptions (and in fact there are several that are pending with her and have been for quite a while). We’re planning some events this fall to put some pressure on the Secretary so she signs the exemptions quickly, please stay in touch.
imeline: Does DHS believe that the timeframe previously announced for clearing all cases on hold as of May 2010 by the end of 2011 will be met?
v Yes. There have been 14,000 exemptions to date, and are currently approximately 4,000 cases on hold. The exemptions currently before the IPC should clear out the remainder of the cases.

Below is the response from USCIS at this week’s meeting. There is a concern that although the IPC, which is the government’s working group responsible for recommending exemptions, has made and plans to make additional recommendations for exemptions,the Secretary of Homeland Security has taken a very long time to sign exemptions (and in fact there are several that are pending with her and have been for quite a while). We’re planning some events this fall to put some pressure on the Secretary so she signs the exemptions quickly, please stay in touch.

[Excellent information, I emailed her but did not get any thing in return.
Thanks HBA]