I am no Terrorist, any advice?

ok guys here is the letter by word:

Dear...........
My office received a response to the inquiry i made on your behalf to USCIS regarding your request for an adjustment of status.
According to USCIS, your application is on hold as you do not meet the requirements as outlined in Section 212(a)(3)(B)of the Immigration and Nationality Act.Rather than denying your application based on your eligibility,the Department of Homeland Security is holding your application while the Secretary's discretionary authority.However,please understand that the Secretary of Homeland Security granting your change of status is highly unlikely.
I apologize again and wish I had better news to share.If I can be of assistance in any other federal matter ,please do not hesitate to contact my.............office at......................

the above is the letter its very clear I have no criminal record what so ever not even one single traffic violation nothing ...so are they approving some cases and the rest are doomed or what would it help to see a lawyer again

Please do not despair. IMO,the official response from Homeland Security remains still the same. It is just that your Congress rep thinks that your status is unlikely to be changed. That is an opinion, true from a Congress woman's office ,but not the law. Anyway, how much do the staff in such an office know about the details of such cases. It only shows their bias when it comes to 'terrorists' and those who helped them.
If I were you, I wouldn't worry at all by this letter.

To hecate, thanks for posting that valuable link I really hope that inadmissibility under the 212 bar is included in the cancellation of removal ,I have been here for the last 9 years so let's see I think its time to seek some legal opinion some one who really know ,did any one have success with Mr. Ragland if so please post your experience
thanks Ghiorghis for the support

To hecate, thanks for posting that valuable link I really hope that inadmissibility under the 212 bar is included in the cancellation of removal ,I have been here for the last 9 years so let's see I think its time to seek some legal opinion some one who really know ,did any one have success with Mr. Ragland if so please post your experience
thanks Ghiorghis for the support
I agree with Ghoirghis I think there is nothing for you to worry until you receive something like this from DHS which will not happen (hopefully), to my understanding this is not the case for lawyers, they will only interpreted, if they say they can help you most probably they are frauds or may be ignorant, only thing that resolves this is exemption authority, also you should understand if you read the posting that clearly explains that attorney general can cancel your removal based on your good record.
I would say don't fall into wrong conclusions and wait, this letter is nothing to worry about, it was interpreted in totally a different sense by your congress representative's office.
Good luck to you and all of us with this miserable torture.

Hi totallylost
It is my understanding that you are from Sudan and have SPAL/M association and hnece the hold. Don't worry about this letter I know many people from Sudan who belonged to DUP and they get approved. So SPLA/M is very much under the same category of DUP and other parties from Sudan. it is just a matter of time before they get to release SPLA/M from the list. In fact many people from SPAL/M got GC in the past without hold. So cheer up my brother. Salam

thank you every one for the kind support i talked to Ms. Hughes and she agreed with you guys on the interpretation of the USCIS response by the Congressman's staff ,I will be waiting and praying for all of us mean while I will do the biometrics for travel document in 2 weeks let's see how that will unfold.waiting-1 yes I'm looking forward for the SPLA exemption hopefully that becomes reality one day

Form I-131 Travel document
On part one (information about you) the first information is A number the second is Date of Birth and the 3rd is Class of Admission if any one has just recently submitted I-131 or does any one know what is the class of admission.
I tried asking this question but there was no answer I hope to get some help this time.
Thanks

People who are held by ina 212a3b should wait until we get approved? Can't we do anything to do?

No unfortunately nothing but wait, even if we were charged mistakenly and we can prove with the evident documents.
This was told to me after human rights lawyers did complete investigation in my case to help me based on the party I was wrongly associated with.
This hold has a very strong congressional support and remember DHS enjoys the decision in their favor from the supreme court.
Also remember miaj was charged with the same thing wrongly, and miaj shared experience with us on the post after waiting for 12 years the USCIS gave exemption to the party connected in the case and excused and informed that the name was put on hold by mistake.
No nothing can be done as it appears form these posts.

People who are held by ina 212a3b should wait until we get approved? Can't we do anything to do?

It is enough bad for a person tobe intensely selfish and has no feeling or consideration for others. Any one on hold in this FORUM OR somewhere else is innocent, any on hold is fully charged on 212(a)3(b), we are all the same. They don't care whether you are wrongly labelled or not.There is something you must always remember:Teamwork is the ability to work as a group toward a common vision, even if that vision becomes extremely blurry.We have the same problem, get it Dude!!!

How long do we have to wait???

Can anyone suggest me, how do I find which Tier I fall under...

You can do freedom of information to find out, I think you will not have to wait for too long since most of the Nepali political parties are getting exempted, writing a letter to your senator/congressman is also a good idea, who knows when they may forget about someone, we all know the great efficiency and competency of the DHS.

I already wrote to my congresswomen but her staff informed me that since it is matter of national security, they cannot do anything. By the way, how and where can we learn that which parties have been exempted?

Thank you so much hecate, someone too gave me her email id and I did try to reach her, but got automated reply that she is on leave until Nov. 11. So will write her back after that. May God help all those that are truly not terrorists or ever supported them but are labelled....

Thank you so much hecate, someone too gave me her email id and I did try to reach her, but got automated reply that she is on leave until Nov. 11. So will write her back after that. May God help all those that are truly not terrorists or ever supported them but are labelled....
She always gives a response to inquiries, one time I thought she forgot about me and she responded after several days, the good thing is she is to the point and her response always comes, but understand that there are too many people writing her and she has to have an answer for you and until she does not have an answer may be she is busy finding an answer for you and all of us with our questions.