I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Thanks a lot guys.

Btw, I have a question.

This is what my dad got on an email : "Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On September 7, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." Is this normal? I thought they'd send an email saying something along the lines of "Card Production Ordered etc"....I'm kinda skeptical with the inclusion of "...or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice"....

Also, I thought GCs only got backdated to a year prior to the date of approval....am I missing something here?

In response to a recent inquiry about the processing of my I-485 form, I received a letter from USCIS that my case has been put on hold under section 212 (a) (3) (B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This is very devastating to know and I am terribly shocked. To give you some background – I am an Indian national, entered United States in the year 1999 on F-1 visa to pursue Graduate studies. Upon completion of my education I received a job offer and started working on H1-B visa. Over the period I got married, started family and in the year 2007 my company filed I-485 application under EB2 category. I have been legally living in United States for more than 10 years, working hard to meet the ends, never supported any radical groups nor engaged in any terrorist-related activities. All the entry and exit from USA have been done with valid visa/travel documents. My wife is a physician doing her fellowship in infectious disease. It’s a curse to put my application on hold under such category. I don't know what to do. Any advice

Btw, I have a question.

This is what my dad got on an email : "Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On September 7, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." Is this normal? I thought they'd send an email saying something along the lines of "Card Production Ordered etc"....I'm kinda skeptical with the inclusion of "...or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice"....

Also, I thought GCs only got backdated to a year prior to the date of approval....am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

[ADIT=Alien Documentation Identification & Telecommunication Systems.
Could mean biometrics not up to date / or Picture on GC / or Signature
Either way they will tell you what to do next.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep Trigger, thanks a lot for the info but as I had guessed ( wasn't confident ), they updated the same case and this is the email that I just got.

"On September 7, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Thanks.

anayak,
It is really surprisingly shocking about your case. it's totally wrong that you are labelled "TERRORIST SUPPORTER" this way, if we based on your background as you mentioned it above but you are not alone on this issues, I can tell you that 99% on these holds are arbitrary, unjust, unlawful and unconstitutional. But USCIS/DHS don't care about you, me or anyone on hold.
I really don't know what you can do at this point besides hoping USCIS/DHS lift all hold cases and approve all of them with your personal case.

I am an 1999 asylee, who were told that my case was pending due to the cap they can legally process only 10,000 cases a year, 4 years later was told cap was removed but my name check was still pending, another 5 years later told about 212(a)3(b) inadmissibility grounds.

Made numerous congressman inquiries & Lawyer's inquiries, still doing it, made several visits local USCIS, wrote several hundred letters to USCIS/DHS, it's been ongoing for the last 11 years, but all in VAIN, all my efforts was did not lead to anywhere triggering approval....

I sued them in 2008, the judge ruled on my favor,and ordered the application to be adjudicated within 30 days, "Denial or Approval" the Assistant U.S attorney gave me 15 days to either dimiss the case or else they would deny my AOS. I ended it up dismissing the lawsuit after consulting several lawyers. God it is painful...

Good luck, I feel your pain, I've been there, i've done it, I don't know what could be done. The system is broken.
We have some knowledgeable forum members they could probably give better advise, don't get discouraged.

In response to a recent inquiry about the processing of my I-485 form, I received a letter from USCIS that my case has been put on hold under section 212 (a) (3) (B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This is very devastating to know and I am terribly shocked. To give you some background – I am an Indian national, entered United States in the year 1999 on F-1 visa to pursue Graduate studies. Upon completion of my education I received a job offer and started working on H1-B visa. Over the period I got married, started family and in the year 2007 my company filed I-485 application under EB2 category. I have been legally living in United States for more than 10 years, working hard to meet the ends, never supported any radical groups nor engaged in any terrorist-related activities. All the entry and exit from USA have been done with valid visa/travel documents. My wife is a physician doing her fellowship in infectious disease. It’s a curse to put my application on hold under such category. I don't know what to do. Any advice

Sorry to hear your story, to begin with first thing for you to do is request for FOI so you may know who you were labeled with, I don't know how much will that help, I requested the FOI and I found out I was totally connected with the party I had nothing to do with, I told my attorney but the USCIS ignores and only answer is "you case is on hold...." no matter how I twist they give the same reply but at least you will know that what caused them to do so, the rest can be done later. (not much but wait for an unknown period of time).

First of all, congradulation to Walker. Well done!! Do you recall what I said last week The.Walker?? I said you guys will see approvals soon in next 4 weeks? And here we go: our compratiot finally received it. All others who are on the 212 hold, please have some patience. I am telling you from excellent and reliable source: congressional source who told me that there are only 2000 more cases left to process and they are doing it in a slow pace but it sounds like it is a good pace.

I received my plastic Greencard yesterday, got drunk too and woke up early, hung over and thanked my attorney who is far beyong exceptional. Hadn't she worked on my case, I would have been deported long time ago. I also thanked my congressional office person who is really intelligent and understands people problem well. Makes me feel like wow!! nice people are out there.

People, I am fighting for 1 more unfair decision: My GC says I am a permanent resident under category AS6 since Aug XX 09 but it supposed to be about 10 months earlier. I am going to ask congressional office to ask USCIS again to backdate me on a fair basis -- as it happens for every greencard applicants within 4 months, why me who has to loose time for the wait I have done. If this is one of the things that USCIS agrees to do, off course I am going to try. Time is so important for all of us.

guys, its early morning and I hope when you wake up today, you all will receive mails with the approvals. I really wish that all of us who have suffered from this hold will see the freedom we all have dreamed about. It feels great. Those who are are in pain because of this wait, please take my words, you wont wait too long. Your green card approval (Welcome letter) is coming soon. You all owe me a drink and a burger, what I said earlier last week is coming true.

Lastly, please try to communicate even though GC gets approved or not. Our common agendas and sufferings should unite us for future agendas where I speculate when we apply for citizenship, they won't say "oh you are the guy with 212 hold and we did a favor to you". Speaking in 1 voice is so important. Congrats to Walker again and his family, I am happy for you. All others, yours bright days are coming ahead. So please sleep stress free.

What is a permanent resident under category AS6, how is it different and does it have any restrictions?
Thanks for help.

HOLY SH**************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APPROVED!!! MY MOM and BROTHER's I730s have been approved and we just received an email saying my dad's been mailed a document saying he's been registered as the permanent resident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
CONGRATULATIONS!
You sure will be missed.

I called service center today to speed up my case but told me since i have already used the national service center twice, i have to email the nebraska service center . is that right ? i thought you could just cal in and make a request? any ideas?

BOOOOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!! SHHhhhh! sorry i dropped the pin.. go back to sleep go back...
shhhhh shhhhhh

I just got a response to my service request as usual they are informing this case has been selected for a detailed review........if you do not get a decesion in 6 months call us at .........., This is so frustrating for me as this is the same response since 2005, does it mean it will he another 6 months or more or there may he a chance to hear some good news soon, I am waiting since 1999 and even one day seems like a long time, needless to mention I was connected to an organization that I had nothing to do with, I sent USCIS all the relevent documents hoping its bingo the misunderstanding is now removed but they did not even reply back, I took all papers to local service center who sent them a net message but no response in this regard what so ever, what a mess, and shame in the name of justice.

I just got a response to my service request as usual they are informing this case has been selected for a detailed review........if you do not get a decesion in 6 months call us at .........., This is so frustrating for me as this is the same response since 2005, does it mean it will he another 6 months or more or there may he a chance to hear some good news soon, I am waiting since 1999 and even one day seems like a long time, needless to mention I was connected to an organization that I had nothing to do with, I sent USCIS all the relevent documents hoping its bingo the misunderstanding is now removed but they did not even reply back, I took all papers to local service center who sent them a net message but no response in this regard what so ever, what a mess, and shame in the name of justice.[]

There is no easy way out, pray that USCIS approves the big pile of 212a3b on hold that would lead them to better examine and take a full look of your personal file, those knuckle heads just don't care. What happened to you also has happened to too many other applicants. You mentioned that you was connected to an organization that you had nothing to do with..., same with me a small Democratical Party, peaceful and non violent for Progress and Development, but here I am, Where I am today, since 1999. Once you are labelled, what you are been labelled, that's it, all you can do is wait. Myself went to far by suing them, it didn't help me at all, wasted time and money. I undwerstand your anger and frustration, I have been there, the group of friends and acquaintances that I applied for asylum with, all became U.S Citizen. Hang in there, and good luck.
USCIS = Lack of care and incompetence.

No approvals yet ?

No news yet ?
No new development?
Any new information from Anwen Hughes or Malanie Nezer ?
What's going on, I don't understand.

I remember that they had both asked to be contacted either tomorrow or later...

Contacting either or two ( not everyone at the same time, the last thing you'd want is overwhelm both with same/similar inquiries ) wouldn't hurt. I have a feeling that they might have some info on what groups' holds have been removed.

Hello All,

Ok I email Melanie about 10 days ago and she just got back to me today “please check in with me later this week - I may have an update for you”.

Let’s pray little harder the good news is right at the corner!!!

:cool:

That's what I said...

I emailed her about 2 weeks ago and she said she'd have an update or something for me on or after September. Thankfully, the applications got approved before I needed to contact her.

Thanks Folks for the nice words and good wishes, I am from Sudan , my party is DUP, granted asylum in 2000,applied for GC in 01/2005. 04/2006 initial evidence received by USCIS and my case has been pending till I learned about the hold thing in 11/2009 after congressional inquiry.Started my search for a good lawyer in 11/2009 and been talking to him since then(Thomas Ragland).applied for FOIA which confirmed the DHS letter to congressman in 03/2010.In 05/2010 my lawyer contacted the deputy of asylum office who replied in late june 2010 that DUP has been lifted. my lawyer suggested to wait for a month and not to proceed with a mandamus , a month later he made another inquiry which was a week ago.
I dont know which part made the difference but one thing is for sure,the DHS is reviewing these hold cases and I started to believe by the end of 2011 all holds will be lifted as someone posted earlier.Good luck to all of you and now I am thinking of scaling back my GC to 2005. will keep you posted.

Hi, JustnJust I am from Sudan too, And I want to Know If You have any Idea about the NDA part? did they clear them or not yet? if anyone knows anything can you please provide me with any information about it.