I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Good news guys, I have a friend who has been on hold for 11 years he just got his Welcome letter last week. I think the average pending application take around 10 years, well I have been on hold almost 6 years so I have 4 or 5 years to go lol.

I don't think that is how it works, if you go through previous threads some of 212 a 3 b on hold got their Green cards approved, and few of them filed in 2006 and in 2007.
I hope you take it as a good news.

Hecate, he meant it as a joke.

Does anybody have an email address for me to write into? I wish to know whether I will be affected by my dad's hold. ( I applied for my GC about 3 months ago, had my bio done 6 weeks ago ). My case was filed at NSC. Should I email the nsc...lawsuit one or..?

I got the email yesterday. I was told that she has been one of the leading experts on the issue of inadmissibility due to material support of a Tier III terrorist organization. If any body wants to email her here is her email melanie.nezer@hias.org. She is really good getting back. I am sure she will answer any question you have. It will be good idea to ask her if this information is available to the public.
If you Google her name you can get a lot more information about her. She is Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy HIAS
I will encourage every body to contact her! Please share any information you will get.

Good luck

Thank you, HBA. This is really good news and encouraging.
I got the email yesterday. I was told that she has been one of the leading experts on the issue of inadmissibility due to material support of a Tier III terrorist organization. If any body wants to email her here is her email melanie.nezer@hias.org. She is really good getting back. I am sure she will answer any question you have. It will be good idea to ask her if this information is available to the public.
If you Google her name you can get a lot more information about her. She is Senior Director, US Policy and Advocacy HIAS
I will encourage every body to contact her! Please share any information you will get.

Good luck

HBA,
would you please post the email you got from the leading experts on the issue of inadmissibility we will appreciate that. Thanks

Hi Therouk,
That was the email I got the only change I made is I took out my personal information.

Hope57, did you hear anything from the office you contacted?

No i'm still waiting, as soon as i get an answer i will let you know, are you filing the WOM? Did you email the service center? make sure your wife does that not you.

No i'm still waiting, as soon as i get an answer i will let you know, are you filing the WOM? Did you email the service center? make sure your wife does that not you.

I did apply and recived the same "on HOLD for 212 blah blah blah..", but I think every one should fill the form and send it to them the link is below(can some one post it please). There is no fees for it. This office is created as an audit for the perfomance of USCIS and report to congress and make recommedation for proesses. If they get 100 application for the same proplem, I think this may let them make an effort to solve it.

google 'Ombudsman'

Last edited by a moderator:
I did apply and recived the same "on HOLD for 212 blah blah blah..", but I think every one should fill the form and send it to them the link is below(can some one post it please). There is no fees for it. This office is created as an audit for the perfomance of USCIS and report to congress and make recommedation for proesses. If they get 100 application for the same proplem, I think this may let them make an effort to solve it.

google 'Ombudsman'

How long did they take to respond to your case?

Today I recieved an optimistic Email from Mr Ragland the DC lawyer stating the the deputy of asylum office has told him the Democratic Unionist party of Sudan(DUP) has been cleared.He further stated the DUP cases will be released for adjudication without any time specified.He is expecting some increased activity to DUP cases (didnot mention any other party) in the coming weeks.I hope this will come true and we will see some green cards for all been in this forum. This was a result of specific inquiry from the lawyer about certain DUP cases. I am not openly optimistic but I am casiuosly optimist.

Not really an update or anything but after talking to an attorney, I'm not DAMN convinced that filing for WOM is the ONLY way to go.

Here's how it works.

Asylum office and USCIS are two different governing bodies under the DHS. My dad received his asylum through the office and they know that his connection with the political party didn't have anything to do with terrorism, material support etc. Hence, they gave him political asylum, including thousands of others.

On the other hand, the USCIS put his case on hold in a ridiculous manner. What's more, even they know that the political party that he belongs to has absolutely no connection with terrorism. Further, they know that their hold is a ridiculous act but they're not gonna do anything until the whole party gets cleared from the list.

So what do you do? Sue their asses by filing for WOM. It has worked effectively for others and we're gonna do the same. If you wait, you need to wait as long as the entire party gets cleared off, of the list.

i still wonder why my name got on that list if i have never been involved in any politics, i dont belong to any party.

Also, not sure if everyone's aware but someone shared some info on WoMs that turned out to be correct.

When you file for WOMs, it costs at least about 10-30 thousand dollars to the USCIS/DHS ( because their lawyers are highly qualified who make a bucketload of money ). More often than not, they just approve the GC application right away to save themselves from the hassle. However, if they were to fight the case and lose, they need to pay your lawyer too.

So it all comes down to an individual. If you know that your case has been wrongfully put on hold, there are only two ways :

1. File for WOM.
2. Remain patient. It could take 2 years, 3 or even next 7-15 years before you receive your approval.

I suppose I've already clarified what I'm gonna do.