I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Hello Everyone

I just found out that the CIS Ombudsman office holds teleconference calls, i think if you want to get on the conference call you have to sign up and you will get an email giving you the instructions to join in the conference call. I'm encouraging everyone on this forum to sign up and hopefully we may get some answers to the questions we have. Good luck everyone.

therouk, i tried to send you the link i guess i dont have the capability to do so, anyway google uscis form 7001 its self explanatory, it doesnt hurt to try. Good luck keep praying.

Cases pertaining to 212.a.3.b. nonsense isn't eligible for waiver ( of inadmissibility ).

Hi all,
What is mandamus?
Mandamus is a law suit against the government for its actions, in this case it is suing the USCIS for giving the decision since the application has been pending for over 120 days.
Mandamus is forcing the USCIS by the order of the court to give a decision, please understand it does not mean approval of your cause, the court does not have any jurisdiction over your decision, it is the job of the USCIS and not the court, court can only order the USCIS to make a decision in your case without any reasonable delay.

I contacted CIS Ombudsman regarding my and my family case which is on hold due to 212 a 3. They respond me so quickly. Unfortunately, they sent me letter stating
" Our office understand that the Sectratary of the Department of Homeland Security has to use her discretion so that USCIS can make decisions on cases where USCIS has determined that the applicant appears to be inadmissible under Section 212(a)3(B) of the INA.
A search of our records show that the processing of your form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status, has been delayed because USCIS has determined that you appear to be inadmissible under section 212(a)3(B) of the INA.
Rather than denying your application for adjustment of status based on inadmissibility, USCIS is hold adjudication in abeyance while the Department of Homeland Security considers additional circumstances in which the Sectratary of Homeland Security exercise discretionary exemption authority which might allow USCIS to approve your case."
This may give you hint what they can do for you.

Good luck.

Therouk
we all feel your pain, i just submitted all my paperwork to the CIS Ombudsman, im just praying. Good luck i dont think it hurts to try.

we're fked. our career, family, future and overall life is over because of this hold.. we've been wasted.. we can't be anything in life besides janators and clers because those are the jobs that don't require PR. damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i would rather get hit by lightning and die than be unlucky by this hold.. we're doomed.. god save us...

Once we are branded as 212 a3b, it stays in our records showing us as terrorists, unfortunately Canada has already started taking actions same as USA and some Asylums were denied based on the tier 3 groups, I think only way to fight this is to claim FICA and Social Security self and employer contribution with interest as the status is so unconfirmed based on hold, when too many claims will come in, USCIS will realize its legal umbrella cant stop actions from the court.
Question is, can we trust the court after this unfair bureaucracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh did some one talk about Al Karim as tier 3 material support for Dawa group, guys don't forget Mr Bush was standing hand in hand with Maleki (remember the shoe incidence by a reporter) I am wondering does it not qualify Mr Bush as material support for tier 3 group, he did support Al Malike of Iraq didn't he?.

The following categories of cases must remain or be placed on hold pending further instruction:
1. Applicants who are inadmissible under the terrorist-related provisions of the INA based on any activity or association that was not under duress relating to any Tier III organization, other than those for which an exemption currently exists;
2. Applicants who are inadmissible under the terrorist-related provisions of the INA, other than material support, based on any activity or association related to a designated (Tier I or Tier II) or undesignated (Tier III) terrorist organization where the activity or association was under duress;
( The groups that have current excemption:Those groups are: Karen National Union/Karen Liberation Army (KNU/KNLA); Chin National Front/Chin National Army (CNF/CNA); Chin National League for Democracy (CNLD); Kayan New Land Party (KNLP); Arakan Liberation Party (ALP); Tibetan Mustangs; Cuban Alzados; Karenni National Progressive Party (KNPP); appropriate groups affiliated with the Hmong; and appropriate groups affiliated with the Montagnards, ANC, three Iraqi resistant groups)
Revised Guidance on the Adjudication of Cases involving Terrorist-Related Inadmissibility
Grounds and Amendment to the Hold Policy for such Cases
Page 3
3. Applicants who voluntarily provided medical care to designated or undesignated terrorist organizations (Tier I, II, or III), to members of terrorist organizations, or to individuals who have engaged in terrorist activity; and
4. Applicants who are inadmissible under INA § 212(a)(3)(B)(i)(IX) as the spouses or children of aliens described above, whether or not those aliens have applied for an immigration benefit.

This is the current law. Unless there is any change to the above law, we still will be on hold. So how is WOM/APA going to help????

If the adjudicating office receives a request from the beneficiary and/or attorney of record to adjudicate a case on hold per this policy (including the filing of a mandamus action in federal court), or if it is otherwise determined that a particular case should be considered for adjudication (for example, if there are compelling circumstances surrounding the case), the case should be elevated through the chain of command to appropriate Headquarters personnel. Guidance will be provided by USCIS headquarters on whether or not the case should be adjudicated.

so in simple terms you're saying we're fked , right? we have no hope. no future, no life , no family , right?

The Real ID Act introduces stricter laws governing applications for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity. However, at the same time, it makes the following minor change to U.S. immigration law: Elimination of the 10,000 annual limit for previously-approved asylees to adjust to permanent legal residence. This had been urged for years because the average asylee had a 17-year wait before he would be able to achieve legal resident status. As a result, in fiscal years 2005 and 2006, the backlog was greatly reduced as 147,131 asylees were granted legal permanent residence status. I applied for my GC in 2004. I was thinking to get my GC by 2016!!! But, because of the above Act, there is no more quota for asylees. That is the good news. On that note, we are not being put on deportation proceedings, we can work, we can go to school, and we can travel ( with some limitation and uncertainty).

The major problem with the Real ID Act: The Senate never discussed or voted on the Real ID Act specifically and no Senate committee hearings were conducted on the Real ID Act prior to its passage. Critics charged that this procedure was undemocratic and that the bill's proponents avoided a substantive debate on a far-reaching piece of legislation by attaching it to a "must-pass" bill. And, of course, that is why we became innocent victims of the unintended consequences of the law. The dreadful wait!

we're fked. our career, family, future and overall life is over because of this hold.. we've been wasted.. we can't be anything in life besides janators and clers because those are the jobs that don't require PR. damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i would rather get hit by lightning and die than be unlucky by this hold.. we're doomed.. god save us...

locker9,
I have to disagree with you. Asylees don't have to be PR to get good jobs. There are engineers, scientists, medical doctors, nurses,etc that have asylum status.

You can report your employers to the federal authorities/justice department if your employers force you to show them green card.

Only federal and some state jobs require citizenship and some private companies that have contracts with federal goverment require citizenship. Other than that, there is no difference between you and GC holderes when it comes to employment eligibility.

Hi guys,
We can feel the pain that this hold is causing. But remember that it is not the hold that caused the problem; rather it is the situation that forced us to escape our country. Thanks be to God we are alive today though some of us couldn't unite with family.
I don't feel that the absence of GC hinder me from achieving my purpose of life. I confront the challenges that the hold causes in my life.
LET US HOPE THAT GOOD THINGS WILL BE COMING AHEAD AND TRY TO FORGET OUR PAIN.

locker9,
I have to disagree with you. Asylees don't have to be PR to get good jobs. There are engineers, scientists, medical doctors, nurses,etc that have asylum status.

You can report your employers to the federal authorities/justice department if your employers force you to show them green card.

Only federal and some state jobs require citizenship and some private companies that have contracts with federal goverment require citizenship. Other than that, there is no difference between you and GC holderes when it comes to employment eligibility.

you didn't ask the same question tot he attorney? .. first share what he said then we can maybe dig into it..

I called my attorney yesterday, he toled me that some Asylee have been removed or in the process of removal.

Your attorney wants to scare you. He wants you to withraw your hard earned money from your checking/saving account and give it to him.

almakek, please do us a favor. Stop posting such baseless random and vague bullshit on here.

There is nothing we have to worry about as far as we are innocent and crime-free. Feel free and enjoy your life. DON'T WORRY, EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT!!

off caurse i will share all the information here with all of you. what i wrote is exactly what he toled me, (other attorneys are inquiring about removal procedure in the forums, because they have asylee clients who are in this situation of removal) but he doesn't has concrete information.

locker9,

You are right I worked for an engineering firm for 7 years that worked for pentaon and capital building and various projects in Iraq, also won the award for excellent performance, the reason I am not there any more is because I quit the job, 212 a 3 b does not effect your employment issues.