I am no Terrorist, any advice?

I am now 33 years old. When can my husband come to here and we stay together? Stupid law.

I have been married twice, first time when I came to USA in 1993 and applied for asylum I was already married, by the time I was granted asylum in 1998 she already took a divorce and got married to some one in another country after waiting, so I got married in 1999 with a British after immigration told me I will get my green card in 15 months, those 15 months never came and she was stopped in DC and told they suspect her, later we got divorced due to this immigration again, in Muslims there is a thing called nikah which I did with another woman and had a son who is in Canada, I have not seen him in years and dying to see him, she was banned to reenter USA from Canada for no fault and the immigration officer called me at home phone and threatened to deport me, this happened in 2005 the reason he gave was he suspects her over staying in the USA, I told him if I wanted to break the law why would I sent her to Canada, but he did not listen and kept on threatening me, what a shame, my son cried for his mother for a year and I sent him to his mother, he was a special needs child under treatment in the USA and it was bad for his psychology to be away from his mother at the age of 3, she is not with me any more and continues to keep my son without sending him to USA so I may see him, in 2009 they asked me for more evidence for the 2nd time and medical for the third time, I was told this is it and I will get green card now, but immediately after medical they told me I have been charged as a terrorist under 212 a 3 b, it has been over 17 years trying now, so this is my story I hope it will help you to make a decision.

Like I've aforementioned, one of my compatriots not only flew out but he actually flew into the COP to attend his mom's funeral while his case was put on hold ( it still is ). He didn't have any trouble coming back.

I'm guessing that this hold doesn't hold much water albeit "inadmissibility" is supposed to bar you from returning back the country.

If you're that confused, putting on a request to your local Senator to find out if you will be barred upon your return wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I don't understand that ur wife was in USA as asylum status? And, why did u send her to canada? What is the reason? Why did the immigration officer call to u and threat u to deport u? Did he suspect ur wife who wasn't staying longer in USA?
I have been married twice, first time when I came to USA in 1993 and applied for asylum I was already married, by the time I was granted asylum in 1998 she already took a divorce and got married to some one in another country after waiting, so I got married in 1999 with a British after immigration told me I will get my green card in 15 months, those 15 months never came and she was stopped in DC and told they suspect her, later we got divorced due to this immigration again, in Muslims there is a thing called nikah which I did with another woman and had a son who is in Canada, I have not seen him in years and dying to see him, she was banned to reenter USA from Canada for no fault and the immigration officer called me at home phone and threatened to deport me, this happened in 2005 the reason he gave was he suspects her over staying in the USA, I told him if I wanted to break the law why would I sent her to Canada, but he did not listen and kept on threatening me, what a shame, my son cried for his mother for a year and I sent him to his mother, he was a special needs child under treatment in the USA and it was bad for his psychology to be away from his mother at the age of 3, she is not with me any more and continues to keep my son without sending him to USA so I may see him, in 2009 they asked me for more evidence for the 2nd time and medical for the third time, I was told this is it and I will get green card now, but immediately after medical they told me I have been charged as a terrorist under 212 a 3 b, it has been over 17 years trying now, so this is my story I hope it will help you to make a decision.

USA21, as far as i understand from his story his first wife with whom he was married at the time of asylum grant divorced him even before she came to America, so she is not an asylee. The second wife never got the asylee status cuz she was not married at the time of asylum grant. please read things carefully, not reading things carefully can put you in serious problems sometimes. not trying to be mean or anything though.

Who is going to Denver to ask the immigration officer your question? I am planning on driving from dallas to attend this meeting? who else?

Assylum you can travel, and here is the email I get from TSC when I asked them about that:

Hello,
The problem with adjudicating your Form I-485 is based on the regulations for that form only. It is not an issue with other forms. A Return Travel Document from a Form I-131 with current dates authorized should be fine for your use, because your asylum status is unaffected.
Sincerely,

TSC i-team Duty Officer

very useful information and thank u for sharing.
Assylum you can travel, and here is the email I get from TSC when I asked them about that:

Hello,
The problem with adjudicating your Form I-485 is based on the regulations for that form only. It is not an issue with other forms. A Return Travel Document from a Form I-131 with current dates authorized should be fine for your use, because your asylum status is unaffected.
Sincerely,

TSC i-team Duty Officer

good to know that others can write the USCIS or even their congressman/senator to make an inquire and get factual information. I posted a comment about this issue earlier. Thanks asylee_1999 for validating this information.

Hello,
Sincerely,

TSC i-team Duty Officer

dear HOPE FOR THE BEST, do you know what time of the day that the meeting in Denver will take place,I am looking at attending the meeting.

Thanks for that asylee_1999.

So this does explain why my compatriot was allowed back in. If we have valid RTDs, we can leave and return since we're asylees afterall.

Thanks for the inf.

The meeting will start at 1:30 pm Saturday June 5, 2010. It will last for about 3 hours.
Thanks,
HOPE FOR BEST

Is it safe investment for an assylee who is on hold to enroll in 401k for retirement?
Will there be any waste of money if DHS decides to deport the assylee?

Assylum the hold has no negative impact on your 401K. If God forbids DHS decides to deport the Asylee you can cash out your 401K and pay a 10% penalty and taxes on the money. Better still you can Roll it over to IRA even if you are out of the US.

Can DHS decide our hold people to deport? It is risk for asylum people.
Is it safe investment for an assylee who is on hold to enroll in 401k for retirement?
Will there be any waste of money if DHS decides to deport the assylee?

Assylum, It is safe, but you will loose some money, the worst thing can happen is you will be charged 10% as opt out fees (penalty) + the Tax which will be around 30%. and you can get the rest back.