I am no Terrorist, any advice?

ricky, sorry ..we were married before her final approval by the judge but after the initial interview by the IO. so we filed the I730 as the judge suggested. I wish i could suggest something for your situation, but i honestly have no idea on what would work the best for you.

right woman doesn't have to be the one that speaks your language. if she really loves you she can learn ur language and u can learn hers. what about girls that are already in the usa from your country, like another asylee or student or something, if you really like the ladies from your own native land. since you can work you can put her through school if she's a student. you're single, in the usa and legal dude sky is the limit, enjoy your life. people get married in their 70s in this free country, you'll find your wife. imagine, u were married and truly in love with your love of life and u can't live here and she can't live in your country then what would you do. yep, you would be coming into this forum like me and telling someone like you to relax.

sorry everyone! i will keep patience.

but i can't. sorry guys. do u guys know if i can make infopass appointment to ask why they are putting in hold?

sorry everyone! i will keep patience.

but i can't. sorry guys. do u guys know if i can make infopass appointment to ask why they are putting in hold?

You may make an infopass, that'll not hurt.
I m not giving any philosophical suggestion (it won't help anyways). Its not just you there are many people who r suffering, even after asylum approval.
Sometime they just print the format they've got and post it, when you ask about your case. When I wrote letter to congresswoman to request about my case they sent inadmissibility bar, and now they've sent my case back to Asylum office.
Try everything frm your side...info...visiting local office...congressman...senator... never know what event triggers to move your file.

Hello everyone, i am new to the forum. I received thesame letter everyone is talking about last week. When i opened it and read the contents, i was shcoked so i decided to google the section 212(a)(3)(B) and behold i found several hits on the issue, this forum was one of them. So i spent like 5 hours reading what all of you have been saying about the issue. I know some of you were suggesting a solution to this. I kept on digging online about the issue, then i came across this report from Human Rights First exposing this issue and giving some recommendations. The forum wouldn't allow me to post the link to the report. However if you go to Human Rights First website you can find the report
and i encourage everyone to read because they cited examples of actual cases. I even found a case related to thesame cirucmstances as mine. I strongly believe if the recommedations in this report are implemented this problem will be solved. Also it seems as if the organization Human rights first has some leverage hopefully they can lobby to get this mess fix.

I am an Asylee. I was approved in 2007. I applied for Green Card in 2008 and since then nothing. I have called the USCIS customer service countless times then, last week came the much dreaded letter most of us in this forum have received. This forum actually gave me hope because i was so devastated when i first got the letter, so i decided to check online to know more about that the section 212 .

Well, all you've gotta do now is stay put man. You're not alone on this. Thousands of lives have been affected by this. You can still work here legally.

Well, all you've gotta do now is stay put man. You're not alone on this. Thousands of lives have been affected by this. You can still work here legally.

I know that asylees who are affected by this can work here legally.
What about traveling and re-entering US? Lets say an asylee got a job that requires some traveling, can the inadmissible asylees re-enter the country without any problem??

Once you're inadmissible, "legally" you're going to be barred from entering the United States but this whole 212.a.3.b. thing is so ambiguous and vague that one of my compatriots ( who has also received a mail about 212 ) actually managed to go to the COP to attend his mother's funeral and return back! I'm not saying that you should do it too but to be quite honest, the way that these notifications have been sent really raise eyebrows and dare I say, you should be fine ( albeit there are chances that you won't be allowed in, by definition ).

Once you're inadmissible, "legally" you're going to be barred from entering the United States but this whole 212.a.3.b. thing is so ambiguous

Walker,
I have two questions for you.

1. When do they tell the asylees about the indadmissiblity? When they apply for RTD or when they apply for GC.
For example, an asylee applies for RTD before applying for GC and the asylee got approved for RTD and doesn't know anything about the inadmissibility issue.
Will that asylee have any issue re-entering the US even though he/she has not received any indmissibilty notice

2. Do the asylum officers add the inadmissibility notice to your alien file when they grant the asylum? Or the GC adjudicator is the one who decides to make you inadmissible?

assylum, I'd urge you to read through the posts in here. One of the asylum applicant's received the notice abt his hold but normally, a vast majority of Green Card applicants are the ones who've received these mails.

Abt reentering, like I've already said before, one of my compatriots not only went outside the country but actually went to the COP after receiving the letter and was allowed to enter the country without any trouble. Further, my dad who also applied for his RTD received his RTD in a month.

RE your second, I doubt anybody would have any clue on it. Its like someone asking whether an asylee's original application, story and documents get destroyed or stored or reviewed.

Have you all heard about "Jihad Jane"...and they tell me I'm a terrorist. In your face INS!

Hello, I am kind of new on this forum even though I have been reading most of this post. I recently received the 212.a.3.b. thing too after placing an inquiry call, anywhere, to comment of the issue of travelling with a RTD,I also had that question in mind, what I did was I went and ask my Senator to do an official inquiry for me, with my information including RTD number, A number and receipt number, which I have a responds in writing directly from Immigration congressional Service, so I would advise anyone in doubt to contact his/her congressman, it’s a free service, why not do it and get real answers rather than guess work from this forum.

Hello, I am kind of new on this forum even though I have been reading most of this post. I recently received the 212.a.3.b. thing too after placing an inquiry call, anywhere, to comment of the issue of travelling with a RTD,I also had that question in mind, what I did was I went and ask my Senator to do an official inquiry for me, with my information including RTD number, A number and receipt number, which I have a responds in writing directly from Immigration congressional Service, so I would advise anyone in doubt to contact his/her congressman, it’s a free service, why not do it and get real answers rather than guess work from this forum.

Yes you are NEW so SHUT UP!!! Or GO AWAY!!! if you think this is just a guess work forum. It helped me and others like me tremendously. People here share their experiences, and their worries.

Yes you are NEW so SHUT UP!!! Or GO AWAY!!! if you think this is just a guess work forum. It helped me and others like me tremendously. People here share their experiences, and their worries.

I agree with miaj. Without this web site it would be very hard to live peacefully. Lots of people shared their experiences here thats why it is easy to find answers of lots of questions.
But samdallas40 dont make our decisions if you did something and worked for u. I shut up myself don't you see? I was telling every body to go for demonstration on the street. But these people here are knowlegeable.
Can u write samdallas40 in detail what you did rather? I like to know. Thank you.

I totally agree that this forum gives a lot of relief, that's why I read it almost on a daily basis. Having said that, I guess my statement was taken out of question, or maybe I didn't word it rightly, when I talked about guess work, I intended to be specific with travelling with a RTD in and out of the country while your application for I485 is on hold for 212.a.3., if you go back and read the various posts about this issue, different opinions have been suggested ranging from avoiding travel because you would be inadmissible upon return and someone mentioning his compatriot that travel to COP and returned safely. My point is, if you are somebody like me, whose idea would you take? All I meant was, to be sure, contact your congressman, let him/her do the inquiry, because that's what I did, I have a well documented letter from Nebraska on this issue, bottom line, it is perfectly safe to travel in and out of the country with a RTD and return without problem so long as your application is still on hold. Another point is, you don't have to take my words for it, and anyone can get the same factual information free of charge. If I did offend anyone by suggesting that they posted guess work, I am sorry, but the truth remains that between the above suggestions or experiences, one is them is not factual, it's a guess work and it's wrong. The question is, does it help someone relieve their worries, go figure.

Good point samdallas40. There was a misunderstanding, perhaps.

I wish to add something. samdallas40, a vast majority of us have already contacted the USCIS, Congressmen and other Senators on numerous occasions. It seems to be working for some while it isn't the case for others. I don't really know..... this has been one hell of an ordeal for many of us.

And btw, Samdallas40's post makes complete sense on why the compatriot that I was talking about ( who received 212.a.3.b. letter ) was allowed to enter the United States.

So basically, as long as your case is pending and you have a valid RTD, you will be allowed to enter the United States after your travel abroad. My trip to Europe is definitely on now.