I am no Terrorist, any advice?

thanks Walker, I understand what you mean by doing something about it. but to be honest, we feel absolute helpless and abused. we made an inquiry on the 10/29/09, the very next day they sent us an email saying it's still on the normal processing time, although it was not. then we made a second request on 12/25 and they sent us the heartbreaking email 2 days after about the hold. it might not be the case, but it felt like someone over there got irrate about our inquiry and placed us on the hold. cuz it makes no sense, we have never done anything wrong. now, we're scared to even do an inquiry. what if they totally reject the case. i've been in us for 10 yrs, f1 -h1-f1, absolutely love the country, idea and the people, and so does my wife. like everyone i want to start my life too at someone point, but this hold is holding my life. this is the only forum where i see some hope, everyday i check this forum like 5 times and read the hopeful messages to get me going.

hello guys,
I also received an email from senator Diana Feinstein with exact wording someone posted. Cortaidus i called often to USCIS 800 number to find out too and one day after I called they sent me that letter saying "Your case is on hold...." She was angrily talking with me and asked me like Why did you file I485? I said to change status to greencard. then she started asking many questions.

I think she was angry and put my case on hold too. Now i am thinking to make an appointment infopass and go and ask them why it is on hold. anyone suggest me please.

hello guys,
I think she was angry and put my case on hold too

This is abuse of power. She can't do that because this is a great country and there is a law that protects us . We are no longer in COP and we are no longer subject to persecution and abuse of power.

matter of fact is , it already happened..and poor worryman2 can't do much other than waiting and worrying.. sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi cortaidus your story seem like mine. You know my wife she's on F1 and I am an asylee. Now I just got my GC do you know how to petition for my wife to be Legal here without waiting until I become the USC? Any idea or advise? It seems like you want you wife to get her GC after that what will you do? She still can't make you legal here for such a long time about 4 or 5 years if she files I-130 for you.

Seems like I received the same email from Dianne Feinstein as well.

I have been talking to one of the prominent lawyers in DC area over a period of time , He has been following with the DHS the progress regarding this issue along with many other laweyers who are not satisfied with the progress , He is dicussing the issue with ACLU and the potentials for class action lawsuit, in the mean time I suggest that every single asylee/Refugee who is on Hold because of 212 a 3 b send a letter to his senator and congress man to increase their awareness to the problem , and if that didn't work we can discuss other options available like asking the UN for resettlement in a third country , since people in this category are in danger of deportation at any given time to thier COP.just thoughts any ideas ?

i talked to one of the lawyer too but didn't suggest me about class action. if that will reove holds, i am supporting but i can't live in other countries and learn a new language and make a new society. i lived 10 years here and have many friends like family. the lawyer said apply for a waiver then go to mmamandus if they deny. who should i write letter? ican't sleep guys. i think we can protest on the street together.

worryman2, are your immediate family members with you? i.e. your wife, kids ( if you have any ) etc?

Ricky are you serious?sorry, but how can you not know about derivative asylum. oh ya, btw were you married before the asylum approved or after? file for I730 if you were married before the asylum approval dude

worryman, it may be like one blind man trying to lead another one, but i would like to say try to relax dude..you don't have a fam or children to bring over.. just focus on what you're doing ie, work, study etc.. enjoy life.. since you're innocent they will lift the hold one day.. you're an asylee , you can work , and do anything like a legal permanent resident. forget that you're on hold for like 6 months and enjoy life. i don't know what i would say to you if you were on my shoes tho....

My thoughts exactly, Cortaidus.

I wondered if worryman2 had a wife or kids back home, waiting for their approvals. But if you don't have kids, you just need to relax. I don't understand the urgency. The only reason why we ( my dad and I ) are panicking is because my mom and brother's pending I-730s depend on my dad's GC approval! The day they remove the hold, they should receive their approvals. You don't need a work permit and you get all the benefits. Just calm down.

Ricky are you serious?sorry, but how can you not know about derivative asylum. oh ya, btw were you married before the asylum approved or after? file for I730 if you were married before the asylum approval dude
Hi cortaidus,
I do know about derivative asylum, however I got married after my asylum approve. Any suggestion?

thanks for the suggestions guys. i am sorry if i insulted any one of you. i havn't seen family friends relatives for 10 yrs. they can't come here. i can't go back. what do i do? can't find a wife. i dont want to marry a girl who doesn't speak my language and i may have misunderstanding using english. im getting old. i have urgency too.
please suggest me what i can do.

Hi guys!!
According to my promise to keep you guys posted on the progress of my asylum case (which was on hold for exactly 2 years and a month), I got my approval letter today.
I am grateful to all members of this forum who gave me the support I need during this tough journey.
Saxo,the walker, miaj, asylee_1999 and other I would like to thank you all. Since my wife is already with me I don't need to file I-730.

"tough times never last, but tough people do" ...keep going.

Have faith and pray hard...

I wish you all good luck!!

CONGRATULATIONS Asylee_2007!!!

Hi everybody,

I just receive my GC today. Now I have the real GC on hand after my case was on hold for almost 5 years. I have apply for my GC since August 2005. I just receive my GC on Feb 2010. This is such a long time for USCIS make a decision. For all of you whose case was on hold due to 212 (a) (3) ( b) don't worry you will get it approve just sooner or later. I wish you all good luck. Now I have a long way to go.

Saxo how long did you wait for your GC?

CONGRATULATIONS rickyjkh!!!

thanks for the suggestions guys. i am sorry if i insulted any one of you. i havn't seen family friends relatives for 10 yrs. they can't come here. i can't go back. what do i do? can't find a wife. i dont want to marry a girl who doesn't speak my language and i may have misunderstanding using english. im getting old. i have urgency too.
please suggest me what i can do.

You have an asylum status in the USA. You are in much better situation than those who are in a limbo fighting to win asylum case. You should relax and praise God for giving you an opportunity to live in a safe country. Don't worry about getting a wife now. You will eventually find the right woman sooner or later

worryman2, I understand where you're coming from but come on, like I've already mentioned before, you can freely work, eat and drink and do anything (legal) you wanted here. I can't help but wonder on why you didn't do anything re: marriage all these years! But again, keep patience.