I am no Terrorist, any advice?

Congratulations Kebe.

Mo77, I'm yet to hear from the attorney. I'm going to contact more attorneys next week.

I kebe, i am very happy. i hope one day i will get similar email i am from ET too i apply for my GC in 2003 and nothing yet. i am so glad this web is here to let us communicate with each other. My question for you will be do you know if they took Ethiopia out of the list. What should I do give me some advice I went and talk to lawyer who ask me $5000 and he is not even sure if I will get my GC.
Thanks,

I am going for it, but what we have to do to let me know. I just got register so I don’t know much about the Web, but one thing is for sure i will be on it every day.

HBA, hi. Ok my advice for you will be to just wait. My lawyer didn't do nothing. I didn't either except following and reading this forum. I don't know how it happened. I think they started working on this case now wherever the country be. That is my guess. BETEREFE don't waste your money hopefully you will get it soon. EGIZIABHER YIRDAH/SH.

Thanks kebe every thing happen EGZABER SILE i really hope that they are working on it. i hope you still check on us. I am sure i will have few more questions for you in the future
Have great day

Congrats Kebe27. To the rest of us, as Kebe27 said, let's not waste out hard earned dollars on something that we can't win. The law has to be changed. As you know the USCIS is working very slowly to clear deserving unlisted TOs ( 'Terrorist Organizations'). Most of the Tier III are not really TOs, they just happen to be just by the stupid definition and applications of the {Non} Patriotic Act and REAL ID Act. Lets hope that they will work faster to clear us and we can get peace of mind. On the other hand, lets thanks God that we are working and able to travel and free to express ourselves. Lets also thank that the Green Card process through asylum is faster than it used to be: normally it would take us 10-16 years to get the GCs. Know that they can only issue 10,000 GCs/ year. Last time I know ( in 2004 there were 180,000 cumulative asylum applications). If you apply in asylum in 2004, as I did, it would have taken me about 18 years to get my GC. But, due to the ACTs, I think there were a huge reduction in asylum applications and an increase in asylum denials. Although, very sad, that was to the advantage of those who will get their GCs sooner. Let's also thank God that we are free from oppression of our dictatorial governments back home. Again, lets hope for the good news and be patient: after all GC is a priviledge, not a must to have!

Howdy all,

Is USCIS still backdating the green card for Asyless? Does anyone know of it? And if they are backdating the greencard is it only ONE Year backdated or USCIS is backdating the GreenCard further back? Please if anyone know of the correct answer let is all know! I guess those who just have recently got their approval letters or GreenCards they may, Perhaps, share their experiences.

Thanks alot!
Peace~

Congrats Kebe27. To the rest of us, as Kebe27 said, let's not waste out hard earned dollars on something that we can't win. The law has to be changed. As you know the USCIS is working very slowly to clear deserving unlisted TOs ( 'Terrorist Organizations'). Most of the Tier III are not really TOs, they just happen to be just by the stupid definition and applications of the {Non} Patriotic Act and REAL ID Act. Lets hope that they will work faster to clear us and we can get peace of mind. On the other hand, lets thanks God that we are working and able to travel and free to express ourselves. Lets also thank that the Green Card process through asylum is faster than it used to be: normally it would take us 10-16 years to get the GCs. Know that they can only issue 10,000 GCs/ year. Last time I know ( in 2004 there were 180,000 cumulative asylum applications). If you apply in asylum in 2004, as I did, it would have taken me about 18 years to get my GC. But, due to the ACTs, I think there were a huge reduction in asylum applications and an increase in asylum denials. Although, very sad, that was to the advantage of those who will get their GCs sooner. Let's also thank God that we are free from oppression of our dictatorial governments back home. Again, lets hope for the good news and be patient: after all GC is a priviledge, not a must to have!

That's not true. I now know of 3 cases pertaining to this 212.a.3.b. nonsense in which the asylees filed for Writ of Mandamus and got their Green Card applications approved.

Howdy all,

Is USCIS still backdating the green card for Asyless? Does anyone know of it? And if they are backdating the greencard is it only ONE Year backdated or USCIS is backdating the GreenCard further back? Please if anyone know of the correct answer let is all know! I guess those who just have recently got their approval letters or GreenCards they may, Perhaps, share their experiences.

Thanks alot!
Peace~

mo77 I only know of one person working with me, his case was on hold for green card and he was granted asylum, he got his green card back dated from 5 years and he applied for citizenship immediately after getting his green card. This was back in 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello guys anything new nothing on my side still my status is request of evidence so waiting has any one got a travel document after this

That's not true. I now know of 3 cases pertaining to this 212.a.3.b. nonsense in which the asylees filed for Writ of Mandamus and got their Green Card applications approved.
The.Walker how reliable is your source of information, do you know them personally or some one told you?, if they were on hold on 212 a 3 b and were adjudicated through mandamus then it seems like a good news.

this basically shows the inconsistency

The Walker

Is it possible to provide the dates & district courts that ruled in favor of the 212 petitioners. I am thinking about filing the Writ as a Pro Se and would like to reference those cases

Thanks

I still have no clue what that mandamus mean???

totallylost,that's why google search engine should be your best friend.

hello all , i was approved asylum in CA then i moved to TX so i filed my GC on the basis of asylum in TSC. i filed for me and my wife on may 8 and received the NOA on may 18 and all this time i didn't receive any thing from USCIS and i called them after 30 days of NOA just to inquire about my biometrics but after few days they send a letter on my wife name saying that TSC is waiting for available date in local ASC office for fingerprint and it might take up to 3 months and again after few days from that i got my letter saying that the reason your case is taking longer is :we have to perform additional review on this case ". so i was just wondering what does that mean,FYI i m principal asylee and my wife is derivative asylee.

so my concern is am i rushing too much or there is something going on or do i need to do something from my side,

Any thoughts or inputs will be highly appreciated thanks a bunch

Here is little hope

Hi all,

Here is new information I got from leading experts on the issue of inadmissibility due to material support of a Tier III terrorist organization. It provides some hope that there will soon be movement on the I-485 Applications for Adjustment of Status that are on hold pending a determination of material support issues.
We've been told that DHS is actively considering 12 Tier III groups to designate for exemption authority, and that they're looking at the Tier III groups that affect the largest number of individuals on hold first. They're hoping to start designating some more Tier III groups for exemptions in September. The Administration has said that ½ of the cases on hold will be resolved by the end of this calendar year, and that ALL of the cases on hold will be resolved by the end of 2011. They keep repeating this, although I'm not sure how they will meet this goal. It is the first commitment on timing we've had from them, so maybe we'll see some progress soon.