I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Hello,
I am looking for answer to following question before I apply for EAD card:
- Do I need to do finger printing if I already have a FP notice from I-485 application? I got a FP notice based on I-485 application for July 31, 2007. From the instructions on the first page of this thread, it seems the FP done for I-765 will eventually be sent to the service center of I-485. Will there be any confusion about the FP done twice.

Currently, my I-485 and I-140 is applied by my employer through a lawyer but the employer denied to apply for EAD/AP for me as I have a valid H1B. To make use of AS21, I need to have EAD/AP. Hence, I am applying for EAD/AP myself.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I am looking for answer to following question before I apply for EAD card:
- Do I need to do finger printing if I already have a FP notice from I-485 application? I got a FP notice based on I-485 application for July 31, 2007. From the instructions on the first page of this thread, it seems the FP done for I-765 will eventually be sent to the service center of I-485. Will there be any confusion about the FP done twice.

Currently, my I-485 and I-140 is applied by my employer through a lawyer but the employer denied to apply for EAD/AP for me as I have a valid H1B. To make use of AS21, I need to have EAD/AP. Hence, I am applying for EAD/AP myself.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you paper filing or e-filing for the EAD? FP for EAD/I-765 is only for efiling. If you are doing e-filing then you will do FP two times - one for I-485 and the other for I-765. There wont be any confusion, dont worry.

Documents for online EAD and AP

Thanks for responding. Now that I have your attention, can you help me find a list of supporting documents that should be sent to USCIS after filing EAD and AP online. I am not sure if this guide is most updated.

Thanks for responding. Now that I have your attention, can you help me find a list of supporting documents that should be sent to USCIS after filing EAD and AP online. I am not sure if this guide is most updated.

If I knew I would definetely tell you :) Initially My EAD/AP were applied by my employer and I don't know how they did it. After I left the company (on AC21) I started doing the renewals on my own. Last time when I applied/efiled for renewal I did not send any supporting documents and I still got those approved. I just had to send photographs for the AP.

This time I wish to send the supporting docs for EAD just to avoid any unnecessary delays (associated with RFE's). If you know the list let me know :eek: It has already been little over a month since I have applied for EAD renewal now. If you can't find any official documentation just go with the commonsense. Send EAD online renewal notice, I-485 filing receipt, Passport bigraphical pages etc. For AP send the photos too.
-Just my $0.02

You are right about "common sense". I just gonna send copies of these important documents for both. Let them figure out what they need or don't!!

AP needs photos and reasoning letter, everything else is common!

I-94 & Ead

Regarding the I-94 keep in mind that you will always send the I-94 that you got when you last entered in the US. You may also send the latest I-94 in case its different from the one you got at the last entry into US.

For Example as with my case when I last applied for EAD, I was on a third I-94 after I last entered the US.
So I send the latest I-94 plus the original one i got when I last entered even though it had expired by over 3 years.

Actually what I heard is that just the original one (at the last entry) is enough. Never loose that I-94 expired or not.

You do get a fresh I-94 even when u enter using the Advance Parole, so use that I-94. Advace Parole is useless for EAD applications as far as i know.

neo

I recently submitted Supporting Documents for my EAD but i did not send the I-94 because when i left the US last, it was taken from me by the airline personnel, when i returned, i was not given a new one, the immigration officer just stamped my AP document and never gave me a new I-94. is this going to be a problem?

Previously when i travel out of the US with my H1_B visa, the immigration officer would have me delete the number on the I-94 document i receive and write in the WAC# of my H1-B notice of approval. i sent USCIS a copy of that, will that be sufficient to meet the criterion for the I-94? :confused:

EAD Approval

I recently submitted Supporting Documents for my EAD but i did not send the I-94 because when i left the US last, it was taken from me by the airline personnel, when i returned, i was not given a new one, the immigration officer just stamped my AP document and never gave me a new I-94. is this going to be a problem?

Previously when i travel out of the US with my H1_B visa, the immigration officer would have me delete the number on the I-94 document i receive and write in the WAC# of my H1-B notice of approval. i sent USCIS a copy of that, will that be sufficient to meet the criterion for the I-94? :confused:

I guess it was sufficient; i got my EAD approval on 8-10-07

Firstly Thank You for putting these detailed instructions.

Some changes I noticed in efiling instructions as of 09/10/2007:
1. One no longer needs to take an appt with the ASC, I believe you will receive a letter from USCIS
2. Supporting Docs - The following PDF mentions a very small list of supporting Docs (as compared to the list posted on this thread). Can someone who has received an approval recently verify what supporting documents need to be sent for I765 efile and I131 efile
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf.

I have efiled EAD and Ad Parole, need to send Supporting Docs and awaiting call for Biomentrics appt

My Status:
I485 - pending Jan 06, EB2
I141 - approved July 06

best,

hi gurus first time this thread
i have a question can i apply for a EAD
MY I 140 IS PENDING A NSC I HAVE A RECEIPT NUMBER LINXXXXXXXXX

filing Fee....is it nothing ? or $340

Hi
what is the filing fee for EAD, if somone's I-485 was filed during the visa bulletin fiasco and has the I-485 receipt number.
The online details on uscis says
"Filing Fee :
$340
Special Instructions :
If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.

You may be eligible to file this form electronically. Please see the related link "Introduction to Electronic Filing" for more information.

"

If filing on or after July 30, 2007, no filing fee required for filing I-765.
Is it true? I thought nothing is free.

see in the Electronic filing instructions

bill_daju ,

below are the instructions in the USCIS site.

"Filings made Pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107: As previously announced, all forms I-765 and I-131 applications based on employment-based adjustment of status applications filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107 that are submitted on or before August 17, 2007 must be filed under the fee structure in place prior to July 30, 2007. On or after July 30, 2007, those applications may not be electronically filed and must be submitted to a Service Center via regular mail or courier service."

I think we have to go with the old rates. I am going to file with $180.

Please let me know if you already filed.

thanks
LCstat

Adavance parole - date of travel

The form requires to fill date of travel & days. Is it mandatory,i am getting warning.

did you got your EAD ?

Just wondering if you got your EAD approved and card too.

Regarding the I-94 keep in mind that you will always send the I-94 that you got when you last entered in the US. You may also send the latest I-94 in case its different from the one you got at the last entry into US.

For Example as with my case when I last applied for EAD, I was on a third I-94 after I last entered the US.
So I send the latest I-94 plus the original one i got when I last entered even though it had expired by over 3 years.

Actually what I heard is that just the original one (at the last entry) is enough. Never loose that I-94 expired or not.

You do get a fresh I-94 even when u enter using the Advance Parole, so use that I-94. Advace Parole is useless for EAD applications as far as i know.

neo

hey guys
i am going to have to renew my EAD which will be expiring on april 08
i just found out that they raised the price for the filing fees to $340 instead of $180
am i going to have to pay the $340 in order to renew the I-765 ? or $180
thanks

Any changes to this process

This is a great thread. But since the application guide was posted in 2004, i am just concerned if anything might have changed since then. Can anybody please confirm that this is still valid without any change.
Also how the AP renewal is filed??
I could not find much documents from the uscis.gov site
Thanks in advance.
:)

New EAD card ordered within 5 weeks

I renewed my EAD card online on 1/18/08. I did not mail in any documents. FP was done on 1/29/08. The new card was ordered on 2/25/08.