I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

where to send supporting documents

if i efile ead renewal ,where should i send the required documents. my service center NSC

thanks

different dates of expirey for EAD and Advance parole

Hello All:
I have a question on EAD/Travel document renewal.
I have a vaild EAD card till Oct 3rd of 2008 and Advance Parole till Nov 25th of 2008. Both of the above were applied on Augest 1st of 2007, but i got the EAD first and then the Advance parole. As a result they have different expiry dates.

Now that its time to renew my EAD by June 3rd 2008 (120 rule), can i also renew my travel document? Or should i just apply the EAD now, and then apply for Advance Parole on July 25, 2008 (120 day rule will then kick in).

Please advice. I plan to renew OFFLINE by posting the documents to Nabraska.

Another clarification : Since i had applied for I145, EAD and I131 on Auguest 1, 2007 am i eligible for on line filing? Do i pay the new fees?
I have compiled all the documentation except for the checks.
Kindly advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I applied for 485 last July, but applied for EAD in Jan 08. I saw the status as approved online but never rec'd an official approval letter or the card. I called couple times and they told me they sent the approval and that they will look into it. Couple days ago, I got a letter from USCIS saying that they sent the card and since I didn't receive it, I would have to apply for I-765 again. Has this happen to anyone, and if this has, do we have to pay $340 again??

I appreciate any advice, thanks a lot!

Hello All:
I have a question on EAD/Travel document renewal.
I have a vaild EAD card till Oct 3rd of 2008 and Advance Parole till Nov 25th of 2008. Both of the above were applied on Augest 1st of 2007, but i got the EAD first and then the Advance parole. As a result they have different expiry dates.

Now that its time to renew my EAD by June 3rd 2008 (120 rule), can i also renew my travel document? Or should i just apply the EAD now, and then apply for Advance Parole on July 25, 2008 (120 day rule will then kick in).

Please advice. I plan to renew OFFLINE by posting the documents to Nabraska.

Another clarification : Since i had applied for I145, EAD and I131 on Auguest 1, 2007 am i eligible for on line filing? Do i pay the new fees?
I have compiled all the documentation except for the checks.
Kindly advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Interesting I am in the same situation as yours including dates and getting ready to file for ead renewal. I have heard EAD that were filed after July 30, 2007 (new fees) can be renewed for no additional charge is it true? also does the same apply for AP renewal? Lastly if we efile is their an extra charge when they call for FP/ photographs?

Interesting I am in the same situation as yours including dates and getting ready to file for ead renewal. I have heard EAD that were filed after July 30, 2007 (new fees) can be renewed for no additional charge is it true? also does the same apply for AP renewal? Lastly if we efile is their an extra charge when they call for FP/ photographs?
I am not aware of the fee excemption for the ead re-newal if filed after july 20, 2007. where did you read/get that from? I plan to do a paper filing, as we have to send the documents anyways after efiling.

Forgot to fill "Date of Last Entry" field

I e-Filed the EAD renewal and just realized I forgot to fill the Date of Last Entry field. The online system didn't flag it as either a required or a suggested field. How big a deal is this omission?

I filed my I 765 renewal online. Up until today all my applications have gone in to NSC. Now on this renewal it is gone to Missouri Svc Center. I am in KS and the address that it showed to send supporting doc's is about 20 miles from me. The only problem is I am unable to track this file online. Should I be concerned?

I filed my I 765 renewal online. Up until today all my applications have gone in to NSC. Now on this renewal it is gone to Missouri Svc Center. I am in KS and the address that it showed to send supporting doc's is about 20 miles from me. The only problem is I am unable to track this file online. Should I be concerned?

Never mind got a receipt in the mail over the weekend and just logged online and found the file active. Does anyone know what kind of time frame I should be looking at for approval

EAD Renewal - e-FIle - Entered Incorrect SSN :-(

I have followed the instructions on this thread and have e-Filed EAD Renewal.
However i still made a mistake and entered incorrect SSN.

Can anyone please tell if there is a way to get it corrected?
Should i call USCIS or go through attorney?

Thanks
-R

I paper filed my EAD extension and my wifes extension on June 3rd and got the EAD recepit on June 8th. However, my name on the receipt was all wrong: My last name become the middle name, first name become the last name and the middle name became the first name.

I had fed in the proper names in the EAD application and confirmed it with the copies taken(which i alway take before dispathing documents to USCIS.) Called the customer service and opened up a ticket for the same on June 10. They said they would take care of it and send me a email confirmaion on it by July 10(30 days??)

I e-Filed the EAD renewal and just realized I forgot to fill the Date of Last Entry field. The online system didn't flag it as either a required or a suggested field. How big a deal is this omission?
I am also in same boat. I filed online yesterday and realized that I did not key in Date of last entry.

What actions did you do for your case ? Did you call USCIS ? Is it sufficient to write on covering letter when I send supporting docs.

hi guys,
I am efiling first renewal of my EAD and AP. My last mode of entry was H1 B to US ..port of entry detroit.
then me and my husband applied for GC..we rceived EAD cards and AP. after few months My h1b was cancelled by my employer as i dint work due to pregnancy.
now what shud i mention about the current immigration status... since my H1B is cancelled shud i say, Advance parole? if so, is it DA or DE, or DT?
i am confused! and what is eligibility code? family based or employment based? there is a long list for the current eligibility status frm which i need to select one....

A1: AMBASSADOR, DIPLOMAT
A2: OTHER DIPLOMATIC OFFICIALS
A3: ATTENDANTS OF A-1, A-2
AS: ASYLUM
ASD: ASYLUM STATUS DENIED
AW: RAW APPLIED FOR AT A PORT

B1: TEMPORARY VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B2: TEMPORARY VISITOR FOR PLEASURE
BE: BERING STRAIT ENTRIES

C1: ALIEN IN TRANSIT THROUGH U.S.
C2: ALIEN IN TRANSIT TO UN HQ
C3: FRN GOV OFF IN TRANSIT THRU US
C4: TRANSIT WITHOUT A VISA
CC: CUBAN MASS MIGRATION PROJECT
CH: PAROLEE (HUMANITARIAN/HQ AUTH)
CP: PAROLEE (PUBLIC INT/HQ AUTH)

D1: ALIEN CREW DEPART SAME VESSEL
D2: ALIEN CREW DEPART OTHER VESSEL
DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)
DE: PAROLEE (DEFERRED INSPECTION)
DT: PAROLEE (DISTRICT/POE AUTH)

E-1 Dependent: SPOUSE/CHILD of E-1
E-2 Dependent: Spouse/Child of E-2
E1: TREATY TRADER/SPOUSE/CHILDREN
E2: TREATY INVESTOR/SPOUSE/CHILD
EAO: EMPLOYMENT ADVISORY OPTION
EWI: ENTRY WITHOUT INSPECTION

F1: STUDENT - ACADEMIC
F2: SPOUSE/CHILD OF F-1
FUG: FAMILY UNITY GRANTED

G1: PRINCIPAL REP. FOREIGN GOVT
G2: OTHER REP FOREIGN GOVT
G3: REP NON-RECOGNIZED FOREIGN GOV
G4: OFFICER/EMPLOYEE INTL. ORG.
G5: ATTENDANTS OF G1, G2, G3, G4
GB: VISITOR WITHOUT A VISA 15 DAYS
GT: VISITOR WITHOUT A VISA 15 DAYS

H1: ALIEN OF DIST MERIT & ABILITY
H1A: REGISTERED NURSE
H1B: SPECIALITY OCCUPATION
H1C: Nurse Relief
H2: TEMPORARY LABOR CERTIFICATION
H2A: TEMPORARY AGRICULTURAL WORKER
H2B: TEMPORARY NON-AG WORKER
H3: ALIEN TRAINEE
H3A: TRAINEE
H3B: SPECIAL EDUCATION TRAINING
H4: SPOUSE/CHILD OF H-1 THRU H-3

I: FOREIGN PRESS
IMM: IMMIGRANT
IN: INDEFINITE PAROLE

J1: EXCHANGE VISITOR
J2: SPOUSE/CHILD OF J-1

K1: ALIEN FIANCE(E) OF USC
K2: CHILD OF K1
K3: SPOUSE OF USC
K4: CHILD OF USC

L1: INTRA-COMPANY TRANSFEREE
L1A: MANAGER OR EXECUTIVE
L1B: SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE ALIEN
L2: SPOUSE/CHILD OF L-1
LZ: BLANKET L PETITION

M1: STUDENT - VOCATIONAL/NON-ACAD.
M2: SPOUSE/CHILD OF M-1
ML: PAROLEE-MEDICAL, LEGAL, HUMAN

N8: PARENT OF SPEC IMMIGRANT CHILD
N9: SPOUSE/CHILD OF N8
NATO-1: PRINCIPAL REP. OF NATO MEMBER
NATO-2: OTHER REP. OF NATO MEMBER
NATO-3: CLERICAL STAFF FOR N-1, N-2
NATO-4: OFFICIALS OF NATO_ION
NATO-5: EXPERTS EMPLOYED BY NATO
NATO-6: CIVILIAN COMPONENT OF NATO
NATO-7: ATTENDANTS OF N-1 THROUGH N-6

O1: ALIEN W/EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
O1A: EXTRAORDINARY ALIEN - NON-ARTS
O1B: EXTRAORDINARY ALIEN IN ARTS
O2: ACCOMPANYING ALIEN TO O1
O3: SPOUSE/CHILD OF O-1, O-2
OP: PAROLEE (OVERSEAS AUTHORIZED)

P1: ATHLETE OR ENTERTAINER
P1A: ALIEN WITH ATHLETIC EVENT
P1B: ALIEN WITH ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
P1S: SUPPORT PERSON OF P-1
P2: EXHANGE ARTIST/ENTERTAINER
P2S: SUPPORT PERSON OF P-2
P3: UNIQUE PGM ARTIST/ENTERTAINER
P3S: SUPPORT PERSON OF P-3
P4: SPOUSE/CHILD OF P-1, P-2, P-3
PAR: PAROLEE
PI: PACIFIC ISLANDER

Q1: INTL CULTURAL XCHG VISITORS
Q2: IRISH PEACE PROCESS PARTICPNTS
Q3: SPOUSE/CHILD OF Q2

R1: RELIGIOUS OCCUPATION
R2: SPOUSE/CHILD OF R-1
RE: REFUGEE
RE5: HAITIAN W/GRANTED REFUGEE STAT
RW: RAW APPLIED FOR AT A US CO

S1: SPECIAL AGRICULTURAL WORKER
S2: SPECIAL AGRICULTURAL WORKER
S5: INFORMANT OF CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
S6: INFORMANT OF TERRORISM INFORMATION
S9: EMERGENCY FARM WORKER
SDF: SUSPECTED DOCUMENT FRAUD
ST: STOWAWAY

T1: VICTIM OF SEVERE FORM OF TRAFK
T2: SPOUSE OF T1
T3: CHILD OF T1
T4: PARENT OF T1
TB: SPOUSE OR CHILD OF CAN. FR
TC: CANADIAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT
TD: NAFTA DEPENDENT
TN1: NAFTA PRINCIPAL (CANADA)
TN2: NAFTA PRINCIPAL (MEXICO)
TPS A-12: APPROVED FOR TPS ON FORM I-821
TWO: TRANSIT WITHOUT A VISA

U1: VICTIM OF CRIMINAL ACTIVITY
U2: SPOUSE OF U1
U3: CHILD OF U1
U4: PARENT OF U1
UN: UNKNOWN

V1: SPOUSE OF LPR
V2: CHILD OF LPR
V3: DEPENDANTS OF V1 OR V2

WB: VISITOR FOR BUSINESS - VWPP
WD: WITHDRAWL (I-275)
WI: WITHOUT INSPECTION
WT: VISITOR FOR PLEASURE - VWPP

Hi, My first EAD and AP is due for renewal as they expire in October.
I created an account online for efile. My questions:
1. Can I e-file for my wife from the same online account?
2. What will be the eligibility status for my wife as she is on H4 till now.
shall I select (c)(9) OR (C) (25) i AM CONFUSED. also status will be family based for my wife correct?

please help

Is it too late?

Need advice please.

I was consumed with the renewal of my H1b in the past couple months. I never know that we have to renew our EAD before reaching 120 days expired date.

My EAD was approved Sept 2007 but I never use it. I've been always on H1B. Last entry was on H1B.

Since I never use EAD, is it ok to renew still? I'm trying to catch up reading the posts here but couldn't find the 120 days renewal timing.

Please advice! Thank you!!

Need advice please.

I was consumed with the renewal of my H1b in the past couple months. I never know that we have to renew our EAD before reaching 120 days expired date.

My EAD was approved Sept 2007 but I never use it. I've been always on H1B. Last entry was on H1B.

Since I never use EAD, is it ok to renew still? I'm trying to catch up reading the posts here but couldn't find the 120 days renewal timing.

Please advice! Thank you!!

You can renew it anytime you want but not "before" 120 days of previous EAD expiry. You can even renew it once it is expired also.

It's completely your decession of renewing it as it is you don't need it because you are planning to stay on H1B. No complications either way.

Ead

dude I dont know why are you on h1b when u have ead, they are separete things..i may be wrong...u can put a request to renew before 6 months your current ead expires that what the recommend too

You can renew it anytime you want but not "before" 120 days of previous EAD expiry. You can even renew it once it is expired also.

It's completely your decession of renewing it as it is you don't need it because you are planning to stay on H1B. No complications either way.

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking if I wanna pay 340 as my I-140 just had lud.. It seems moving.. cross finger.

dude I dont know why are you on h1b when u have ead, they are separete things..i may be wrong...u can put a request to renew before 6 months your current ead expires that what the recommend too

I don't think you're right. You can't renew 6 months ahead before your current EAD is expired.

I think everyone's case is different and I chose to be on H1B all along as for now..

Greetings Friends,

I'm currently working on H-1B visa.
Last time when i entered US, i was on H-1B status.
I have an approved EAD which i'm not using.
My current I-485 application for "Adjustment of Status" is pending.

What should i mention as my Current immigration status on form I-765 ?
Should i mention "H-1B" or "Adjustment Of Status Applicant" based on pending I-485 form.

I'm planning to work on H-1B for as long as feasible for me.
EAD renewal is just for a backup.

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure there would be lot of people in the same boat. Your answer would clarify this and will help other friends also.

Thanks,
usamunda.