I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Any comment and Suggestion will be appreciated!

I am in I-485 pending (I-140 approved). I previous applied for I-765 and never used it, and it expired a year ago. As I have to work during the summer as an intern, I prepared I-765 application myself.

On 03/22/2006, I mailed a paper I-765 application. My I-485 was in VST, however, I mailed the application to Chicago center by misunderstanding. A day later, I found that I forgot to include the copy of my previous EAD card, and my passport.

I am wondering if my application will be returned due to incomplete, or will be accepted and be requested additional evidence?

I am in I-485 pending (I-140 approved). I previous applied for I-765 and never used it, and it expired a year ago. As I have to work during the summer as an intern, I prepared I-765 application myself.

On 03/22/2006, I mailed a paper I-765 application. My I-485 was in VST, however, I mailed the application to Chicago center by misunderstanding. A day later, I found that I forgot to include the copy of my previous EAD card, and my passport.

I am wondering if my application will be returned due to incomplete, or will be accepted and be requested additional evidence?

mostly will be accepted and RFE will be sent. Do not wait for that, after you receive receipt notice send those missing documents with nice cover letter and a copy of the EAD notice you will receive soon.

fingerprints code 3

I have a question for you guys.

Does the fingerprint code 3 apply for I765 and 485 ?

Buecause I only got the code 3 for I 485.

My lawyer says that fingerprints code 3 goes for both applications.

Is that right?

I've wating for mi EAD for more than 60 days.

thanks in advance.

I have a question for you guys.

Does the fingerprint code 3 apply for I765 and 485 ?

Buecause I only got the code 3 for I 485.

My lawyer says that fingerprints code 3 goes for both applications.

Is that right?

I've wating for mi EAD for more than 60 days.

thanks in advance.

Code 3 is for your I-485 only. If you file EAD paper, then you do not need FP
If you filed it online you need another code 2 FP.

how can this happen?

hi i have a question, i applied for renew my EA for me and my wife 2 month ago, this our first renew, i'm the main applicanat (spnoser), my wife had an update yesterday that card have been send it to her, but i did not get any update. how can this happen if my wife can not get any thing excpet i got it first? and should i call them now or wait until we recive the card for my wife. please adivce, i'm worry about, my card will exper May. thansk

As far as EADs and APs are concerned this is quite possible, there might some reason the processing is take longer for the primary - like RFE for photo or other documents, this does not prevent the dependent from being approved.

hi i have a question, i applied for renew my EA for me and my wife 2 month ago, this our first renew, i'm the main applicanat (spnoser), my wife had an update yesterday that card have been send it to her, but i did not get any update. how can this happen if my wife can not get any thing excpet i got it first? and should i call them now or wait until we recive the card for my wife. please adivce, i'm worry about, my card will exper May. thansk

It is usually the case for AP and EAD, the derivatives (women or children) get theirs first (with many exceptions for sure). You are talking about the GC itself, yes your application should be approved first (with few exceptions)

Online or Paper application

Most of us will be in favor of online application.
Although wanted to make sure.

Site, like immihelp, suggests that online application will require additional trips to service centers for photos & FP, while no much gain in processing time!

My AOS concurrent filing application is stuck in background checks. It was filed in August 2006. MY company did not apply for an EAD and will not consider a request to apply an EAD now.

Can I apply EAD myself, based on pending AOS, without the knowledge of my company/attorney?

Is there a possibility for my company to know if I have applied or received EAD?

This morning i got 3 e-mails for my EAD renewal.. But, no info on my wife's EAD...
Practically, how much time it takes get the Cards in mail?

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On April 2, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Hello,
My EAD expires on 6/7/07. I forgot to file in 90 days, I just e-filed. Pl clear the following Qs.
1. What is my chance getting the EAD before the expiration ? I heard most of the people get within a month.
2. Is there anything that I can do if I dont get within that date ?
3. My wife's EAD expires on 6/2/07, she is not working. I efiled hers too today with mine. Hope she wont have to be worried since she is not working. Am I correct ?
TIA.

Hello,
My EAD expires on 6/7/07. I forgot to file in 90 days, I just e-filed. Pl clear the following Qs.
1. What is my chance getting the EAD before the expiration ? I heard most of the people get within a month.
2. Is there anything that I can do if I dont get within that date ?
3. My wife's EAD expires on 6/2/07, she is not working. I efiled hers too today with mine. Hope she wont have to be worried since she is not working. Am I correct ?
TIA.

1- Very high chance. (Send the supporting documents as fast as you can, when you receive biometric notice go to do it as early as possible)
2- You can call the center after 75 days and raise inquiry, then you can take Infopass after 90 days with the local service center to ask them to place a request for interim one. If this not work and there is delay, you will be in legal status but without working till you receive your EAD and keep posting in this forum like me and others with delayed EAD.
3- No worry since she is not working and will be in legal status with or without EAD till a decision will be taken in your pending AOS.

Applying for I-485 while H1B is pending

Hi
My spouse have applied for her H1B in april 02, 2007 and suddenly on april 13, 2007 we found out that our PD became current. Now I am in the process of applying the I-485. Can anyone please tell me is there any special rule to apply for the I-485, AP and EAD for my spouse?

Thanks

Mekha

PD Nov 03, 2007

Please help: Lost EAD and no photocopy

Hi,

My wife lost her EAD which will expire on this June. Even worse we don't have a photocopy of it. I heard that a photocopy of the current card is needed for renewing. So does she have to apply a replacement card first then do the renewing? or she can just renew it without a photocopy as a support document? However we still have the I765 approve notice and not sure if it helps.

BTW, we are in 485 pending...

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

EAD efiling

hello
can i e-file if i want to replace an EAD which has a error on my birthdate ?
p.s: i just got the EAD on april 17th 2007 and i am going to send it back

When should we send supporting documents for E-Filed applications. Immediately on e-filing or on receiving the notice my mail?