I-765 Ead Online Application Guide

Help?? Problem processing payment E-EAD

Does anyone have the same experience before?

I just did a E-EAD (05/07) and the payment can not go through.
(As the info showed on the screen, do not whether it takes it or not.)

After I submitted my credit card number via E-EAD and I got the message below.

"There was a problem processing your payment information. You may resubmit payment information by selecting the Continue Payment button below."

"Otherwise, please cotact your nearest BCIS office, or call the National Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to resolve this matter."

I continue the payment 2nd time, and got the same error message again.
I use Internet Explorer 6 with 128-bit.

I think I have to wait for 48 hours to see whether my credit has been charged or not, and I am hoping it will not change me twice.

If anyone has the same experience, I will be very appreciate if you could please share your experience with me.

Help?? Problem processing payment E-EAD

I had the same problem on 05/06/07. I tried with different credit cards and the checking account details yesterday too. I believe I entered correct numbers. But got the message "There was a problem processing your payment information.....call 1-800-375-5283”. During 2nd week of April I did it online for my spouse and had no issues.

Will appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks.

What should be included in the supporting documentation

Hi,

Just filed online to renew EAD. What kind of supporting documentation should I send to CIS?

Do I have to go to ASC to do another FP and photo?

Thanks

What should be included in the supporting documentation

1. The cut-off portion of your last EAD approval notice
2. Just Confirmation receipt for e-filed I-765 ( not the application)
3. Copy of I-485 adjustment of status receipt

are enough I believe.

You have to visit ASC for finger print and photo.

1. The cut-off portion of your last EAD approval notice
2. Just Confirmation receipt for e-filed I-765 ( not the application)
3. Copy of I-485 adjustment of status receipt

are enough I believe.

You have to visit ASC for finger print and photo.
While e-filing nothing needs to be sent unless they ask you for. 1,2,3 are not needed as they have those info already with them thru your file. If you put your alien number correctly and checked the renewal option, you are fine. Wait for FP notice(code 2) if they feel you need one.

Supporting Documents

Friends,

When i apply for AP renewal online where should i send documents to? My I-485 was filed in Vermont center but recently moved to Texas center. Where should I send it to? Texas or Vermont service center?

Supporting documents for eFiled AP

I have applied AP through eFile. What are the supporting documents I should send now.

I e-filed for EAD renewal in march and was not able to send documents until may. What will be the date for processing the date I e-filed or the date they received the documents?
Please let me know.

Can we apply EAD on our own firsttime?

My priority date is current as per june visa bulletin. I want to apply for EAD later, on my own. I have seen that, we can renew online on our own without lawyer's assistence, but want to know whether we can apply for the firsttime also or not. If, so are there any risks involved?

I have applied AP through eFile. What are the supporting documents I should send now.

Send the following documents for Advance Parole E-Filing. You will be good

- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice.
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with NSC: Derivative Adjustment).
- Online Status of I-485 receipt.
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition of Principal Applicant.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate.
- Color Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data & I-94).
- color Copy of Drivers License.
- 2 Passport Photos

SN

Thank you SN4GC

Thank you SN4GC, Do I need to go to ASC for finger printing for AP? or it is just for EAD?

Appreciate your response.

Send the following documents for Advance Parole E-Filing. You will be good

- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice.
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with NSC: Derivative Adjustment).
- Online Status of I-485 receipt.
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition of Principal Applicant.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate.
- Color Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data & I-94).
- color Copy of Drivers License.
- 2 Passport Photos

SN

Oops I missed the important step

Very Important:
Then a box that reads PLEASE PROVIDE INFORMATION CONCERNING YOUR ELIGIBILITY STATUS – Here you should enter the filing receipt of YOUR I-485 application and the I-140 filing receipt (yours if your are the principal applicant or of your spouse/parent if you are not the principal applicant) –Example I-485 SRC-00-000-00000 and I-140 SRC-00-000-00000 –

I did not add 485 or 140 Receipt number. Just submitted the application online. What should I do now? Thanks,

for renewing EAD, I-94 question

i am going to renewing my EAD,
i have question about supporting documents:
1) my I-94 is expired on jan 2007
2)i used my Advance parole when entered into US

my question is do i need to put the copy of expired I-94 copy or the copy of Advance Parole which i used
when entered into US, (Advance Parole is expring on Oct 2007)
please help...
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Supporting Documents For EAD

Hi,
I applied for My EAD online for the first time. Pl note this is my first EAD not a renewal.

What supporting documents should I send to USCIS?

I couldnt find any link in USCIS that specifies the LIST of supporting documents that should be sent for an Efiled EAD? Can somebody point me to the link if one exists? The confirmation receipt notice generated online says "Send any supporting documents if required to XXX". This is really confusing. They have to tell us if they need supporting documents and what exactly they need.

Also the online case status says the following

"On XXXX, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our XXXXX. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Does this mean that they would contact me if they need any supporting docs and hence there isnt any need to send any supporting documents right now?

I am sure a lot of people have been through this. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Another GC applicant.

they are sending you the finger print notice. Based on my understanding reading here, we still need to send supporting documents as in the first page of this thread to avoid any delays.

Is it ok to say "UNKNOWN" BCIS Center ?

My previous EAD's were requested for by my wife's lawyer , so I don't have the exact details but I do know that it was applied for at the Calif. Service Center however the current online form doesn't provide that option . Or should I just say "UNKNOWN" (The only other option is National Benefits Center or I could say "San Jose" since thats where I went for my Finger Printing ?)

I was wondering if its going to be a problem if I choose UNKNOWN as the BCIS Center ?

Any advice will be much appreciated since this is the first time I am requesting for any EAD on my own i.e. without a lawyer.

Thanks.

Never loose the original I-94 you got in last port of Entry

i am going to renewing my EAD,
i have question about supporting documents:
1) my I-94 is expired on jan 2007
2)i used my Advance parole when entered into US

my question is do i need to put the copy of expired I-94 copy or the copy of Advance Parole which i used
when entered into US, (Advance Parole is expring on Oct 2007)
please help...
thanks

Regarding the I-94 keep in mind that you will always send the I-94 that you got when you last entered in the US. You may also send the latest I-94 in case its different from the one you got at the last entry into US.

For Example as with my case when I last applied for EAD, I was on a third I-94 after I last entered the US.
So I send the latest I-94 plus the original one i got when I last entered even though it had expired by over 3 years.

Actually what I heard is that just the original one (at the last entry) is enough. Never loose that I-94 expired or not.

You do get a fresh I-94 even when u enter using the Advance Parole, so use that I-94. Advace Parole is useless for EAD applications as far as i know.

neo