I-751

Processing Times for I-751

Processing times posted on the USCIS website may not be absolute but general guidelines to set expectations.

In my case, the processing times at CSC for I-751, as posted on the website, were a little over six months. But I have received my physical card already and its only been three & half months.

Last edited by a moderator:
kauchy

thank you kauchy
i have collected all the evidence that i could but i think its not enough, i have also hired a lawyer and she said it enough, but i feel that something is missing, but thanks for the info

I received my original NOA and biometrics letter today. Note that I got my replacement NOA 2 whole weeks before the real NOA I was supposed to get inthe first place. It was mailed on Jan, 17th.
So all of you out there who have not received your NOAs - there still is hope out there. But keep on bugging them until they send you something, original or replacement, it really doesn't matter which one it is.

The exact same thing happened to us. We got the original NOA (along with a biometrics appointment) 2 weeks after receiving the replacement NOA. Go figure.

Thanks - Elena

check my postings. i filed 751 with nebraska in november, never received the original receipt, but i did get 2 replacement receipts in january. still waiting for biometrics appt. good luck

Elenabeau,

Thanks for the reply. Hope things clear out for you and you get your Biometrics Appt. soon. The positive is atleast you have a NOA !!

Regards,
Nick

NSC timeline

Filed with Nebraska center.
Check cashed 01/31/07
NOA received on 02/23/07
Fingerprint done 03/03/07

Hope everyone keeps update their timelines, so we can gather a real timeline for different Service center.
This is a nice form, the longest thread I have found so far. :)

I-751 biometrics

We got back from FL Sunday. Last week while we were gone, I received the forth replacement receipt!!!!!!!:) Today I received the biometrics invite for Wednesday next week. At least, something is getting done. INS is working hard typing the receipts!I am happy that finally I have my biom appt scheduled.

Biometrics how long does it take to get a GC?

how lond does it take to get a GC after the biometrics appt? any idea? I filed with Nebraska. thanks

Sometimes it takes more than a year to get your GC after you have applied for removal of conditions (if you are lucky without interview). In some cases I have seen interview, but I think its just a QC check procedure for USCIS. Sometimes for some people, it takes less time. I have mine at VSC. Its been over 3 months. Nothing yet. I already had the biometrics done.. So, the waiting begins... Even if they don't remove your conditions by the date your notice expires, you can go forth and apply for naturalisation, if you meet all of its requirements.

I-751 TSC Timeline

I-751 filed to Texas Service Center
Check cashed 12/22/06
NOA received 01/02/07
Fingerprint done 01/31/07

Unbelievable

I couldn't believe it when I opened my mailbox and received the 6th replacement NOA. I requested one and once. I already had my biometrics appt. The day after I received the NOA saying that my case was received in November and that I am going to have the biom appt scheduled. What are they doing there? Smoking weed? :)

NOA from Vermont Center

Hello Everyone..It's great to get valuable advice from this board.
I am new here.

*My Temporary GC Expired on 02/24/2007
*I751 was originally filed on 01/12/2007
---but it was returned two times because I did not send $70 biometric fee, and they somehow lost my $205 check at a second time.

*My I751 was finally received by Vermont Center on 02/22/2007
*Both Checks cashed on 02/23/2007
*No NOA received yet.

My questions are??
1) Is this normal not to receive NOA within 1 month?
2)What's the best way to ask for a Replacement NOA?
3)How long does it take for me to receive Approval Letter?

Thank you very much and wish all the good luck to all of us.

Hi John,

1) Yes, its normal not to receive NOA within 1 month. Please see previous posts from different individuals on their cases.
2) Call 1-800 and ask for replacement NOA.
3) After you get your NOA, you will get Biometrics appt letter, then it will be anywhere from 3 months to more than a year to get approved. You may or not get a second interview. Vermont center is backlogged for more than 6 months currently..

I hope this helps.

Thank you Ashin

Thank you for your valuable info. That helped me so much.

I am in a very complicated situation.
I am from south korea, and my military duty is postponed
until Aug. 23 2007.

To waive my military responsibilty I should have my green card
approved by then.

I have babies and family.

I will cross my fingers.

I-751 at the Nebraska Service Center

All,

Received the NOA ( 1 yr extension ) & the Biometrics Appt. letters both at the same time last Friday.

Timeline :

I-751 filed : 2/12/07 ( delivered by mail ) at the Nebraska Service Center
NOA date : 3/16/07
Biometrics Appt: 4/4/07

Hello all,
I just wanted to share my timeline for I-751 at the Nebraska Service Center

I-751 mailed: 8/17/2006 (exactly 3 months before expiration of conditional GC)

NOA date: 8/29/2006
Biometrics appt: 9/11/2006 but I had to postpone it to 9/27/2006
at this point I sign up for case status online,

Card production ordered: 3/28/2007 (notification via case status online)
Approval notice sent: 4/02/2007 (notification via case status online)

I still have yet to receive the card and notification via mail.

Working after conditional GC expires & I-751 is in process

I was curious to find out about Working after conditional GC expires & I-751 is in process. My conditional GC expires on March 15th 2008. I will file on Dec 15 2008. Based on timelines in this thread, it will take at least 180 days.

Are there any legal formalities ( more forms etc) for being able to keep working during the time period (between the conditional GC expires & I-751 is in process/permanent GC is not received).

Any insight will be much appreciated

Thanks

Nothing else is needed. After you file your I-751, your NOA will extend your travel and work authorization for one year.

Hi There,
I married on 03-03-2005.
My Conditional GC is going to expired on Sep' 07.
I got a paper at the time of immigration when i first entered into US. Paper says that i have to apply within june-07 to sep-07 to remove Conditional residence.

Can somebody help me out for Complete Procedure for I-751 filing?
I downloaded a form from internet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi

My wife and I have been married for over three years, but this marriage just doesn’t work anymore and I’m thinking about divorcing her. In a few months I have to file the I-751 for removal of marriage condition at June 2007 and I’m thinking about applying for the waiver of joint filing requirement. But if I divorce now, divorce not will be final by the time I have to file the I-751. Do they provide an extension if my divorce is not yet final? Also, do most of these cases get approved if the marriage ended in divorce, even proving that it was in good faith? Does it make a big difference if I'm the one that wants to get a divorce but she doesn't?

Just a quick update on my case,
I received my green card (valid for 10 yrs) in the mail today, approx. 8mos after filing at the Nebraska SC