I-751

I was told to write a letter explaining that you have already sent your I-751 and the fee with it . Do also mention the date it was received at the center . Make sure to write your A# on the letter. Explain why you are sending $70 bucks. I just wrote biometrics in conjunction with I-751 application.

Attach a cheque payable in USD and write in memo, for biometrics for A#.....

Hopefully, I will get some reply from them..
I think, its outrageous that they make a change in Aug 2006 and do not update their webpage until Dec 2006...

Forgot to mention

Send the above information to same service center that you submitted your application to

Katies,

I have my NOA on I-751 last week and also got an appointment letter for biometrics next week.
Looks like, sending an additional check for Biometric fee helped. Hope you get some reply to your application soon.
Keep me posted

Ashin2 said:
I was told to write a letter explaining that you have already sent your I-751 and the fee with it . Do also mention the date it was received at the center . Make sure to write your A# on the letter. Explain why you are sending $70 bucks. I just wrote biometrics in conjunction with I-751 application.

Attach a cheque payable in USD and write in memo, for biometrics for A#.....

Hopefully, I will get some reply from them..
I think, its outrageous that they make a change in Aug 2006 and do not update their webpage until Dec 2006...

Thanks for this post. I think I'm going through the exact same problem. I hope this takes care of it.

My update

Filed I-751 with VSC on Dec 8, 2006
Found out through USCIS webpage Dec 13, there is change on I-751 form, additional Biometric fee $70 required.

Sent in additional check to USCIS VSC for Biometric appt with a letter.
Last week of Dec, received a NOA on I-751,
Biometric apt letter.
1st week of Jan, received a handwritten receipt from USCIS VSC for Biometric fee.

Went for Biometrics on January 12th.
Case status-Pending.

Hi, I am so glad that I found this website. here is my problem: I got married to US citizen in Febr 04, received my conditional GC in Febr 05. This Febr my GC is expiring. I filed I-751 in November (Nebraska), following the 90 day deal. The check for $205was cashed on Nov 22nd. In late December I called the 1-800 to ask what was going on because I never received the NOA. They gave me a receipt number over the phone and said that the NOA would be sent out in a matter of a couple of days. On january 14 I called back because I still didn't have the NOA. The officer (or whoever answers the phone ) said that he filed a special request and promised that I will get the receipt within 30 days. I did try to send the 70 dollar ckeck for biometrics as some suggested here on the forum. My check came back to me last Friday with a handwritten sticky note (I am not kidding) saying that they don't need any additional fee besides the $205 that I ve paid already. So idiotic! Instead of sending the receipt(NOA) they spent 39 cents and an envelope and sent me a sticky note.
My biggest problem is that I need a proof of my legal status for my employer -the HR keeps asking for the extension but I have nothing to show them. Any sugestions?
By the way, this website is so great! You guys rock!

elenabeau said:
Hi, I am so glad that I found this website. here is my problem: I got married to US citizen in Febr 04, received my conditional GC in Febr 05. This Febr my GC is expiring. I filed I-751 in November (Nebraska), following the 90 day deal. The check for $205was cashed on Nov 22nd. In late December I called the 1-800 to ask what was going on because I never received the NOA. They gave me a receipt number over the phone and said that the NOA would be sent out in a matter of a couple of days. On january 14 I called back because I still didn't have the NOA. The officer (or whoever answers the phone ) said that he filed a special request and promised that I will get the receipt within 30 days. I did try to send the 70 dollar ckeck for biometrics as some suggested here on the forum. My check came back to me last Friday with a handwritten sticky note (I am not kidding) saying that they don't need any additional fee besides the $205 that I ve paid already. So idiotic! Instead of sending the receipt(NOA) they spent 39 cents and an envelope and sent me a sticky note.
My biggest problem is that I need a proof of my legal status for my employer -the HR keeps asking for the extension but I have nothing to show them. Any sugestions?
By the way, this website is so great! You guys rock!

Sorry, no sugestions, but thanks for the story. I guess I can stop waiting for the $70 check to get cashed. I wonder if it'll get sent back.

Replacement NOA

You will probably receive replacement NOA just like I did. I requested mine right after Christmas and it was sent out on Jan,3 and I received it about a week later. If you don't have it two weeks after you requested it call again. Keep on bugging them until they send you something.

My story is similar to yours, got married in Nov, 03, got my green card in Feb, 05 which expires next month.

Do you have some kind of proof that they have received your form? Just keep copies of everything, even the dates you have called them and what you were told each time.

It seems like USCIS is not consistent in whether they will take extra 70 dollars for biometrics or not, especially in Biometrics in conjunction to I-751. Their procedure is not standardised at all in this case.

Well, those of you who are waiting receipts (NOA), best wishes. I really hope you get some kind of proof so you can continue on with your employment or travel plans.

The only proof I have so far is the official (if you can call it that-with the letterhead) envelope with the sticky note. :) I don't think it will work for my HR.

Just a thought

Perhaps this is somehow related to the service senter I-751 was filed at? Nebraska seems to be the one not accepting additional 70$ checks. Vermont on the other hand encourages it.

A thought for all you who have their I-751 filed in nebraska service center and are waiting results or NOAs. May be you can write a collective complaint and have everyone sign it and file it with Service center Director. Do you think, this would help?

Nebraska

I have my InfoPass appointment tomorrow. This is one of the questions I'm going to address. If they can not give me a reasonable answer perhaps we should file a complaint. :mad:

Ashin2 said:
A thought for all you who have their I-751 filed in nebraska service center and are waiting results or NOAs. May be you can write a collective complaint and have everyone sign it and file it with Service center Director. Do you think, this would help?

Sorry, but I don't think this is good advice. While I'm in the same boat, I would have to be naïve to think there would be no repercussion.

Tooth,

Well, its up to you as individual to consider what you whether you want to file a complain or not for getting delayed or no response from USCIS. When I was giving a suggestion, it was merely a suggestion.

I personally complained to the agent at USCIS, and told them that its highly unwise not to update a webpage with the new form until after 4 months, as it just creates more confusion and more work on their part and inconvenience on people who are waiting to get their receipt. I am in the midst of processing, but I was not afraid!! I don't want to see this happening to others, may be I went through this, but if I can help others, why not?

But, all I did was provided a suggestion in previous post was something to bring notice to the Nebraska service center...After all its individual choice..

I received my original NOA and biometrics letter today. Note that I got my replacement NOA 2 whole weeks before the real NOA I was supposed to get inthe first place. It was mailed on Jan, 17th.
So all of you out there who have not received your NOAs - there still is hope out there. But keep on bugging them until they send you something, original or replacement, it really doesn't matter which one it is.

InfoPass

I have an appt with the local INS in Detroit on February 6th. i still don't have any receipt for my I751. Will they take my green card away at the Infopass? Will they stamp my passport?