I-751

They will not take your green card. Bring copies of everything you have submitted so far and also copy of the cashed check. Have a list of dates ready when you have called about your case.
I have a fishy feeling you will get your NOA before Feb, 6th though.

I hope so. I am mailing the letter today (ATTN: Director of Nebraska SC, I have his name and address from the enevelope that the sticky note came in) requesting the info about my case. i am 99% sure that it won't do any good, but there is still a 1% chance of getting something out of it. i will keep u informed......

Replacement receipt notice

I just looked at the receipt again. It is the replacement receipt notice. It has a different # and it does work online. Thank G'd I don't have to drive to Detroit for the Infopass now. I have a question: it says on the receipt "If you have not already done so, provide supporting docs to assist USCIS in processing your petitionand to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence..." Is it something generic that they mail everybody? Or does it mena that they lost all the docs that I submitted before? How come they are not sure if I submitted them or not?
how long des it take to get a biometric appointment after receiving the receipt? I filed with Nebraska.thanks

My replacement NOA has the same text on it as does the original NOA. I received by biometrics appointment letter approx 4 weeks after the replacement NO and a week after the original NOA. Go figure:p

When to File I-751 ???

Hi Gurus,

I have a dumb qiestion on filing I-751. I am married to US Citizen in April 2005 and I have got Conditional Green card in Oct 2005.

Is it that I should file I-751 in 21 months from my marriage date or 21 months from the date of Conditional Green Card Issued date?

If it is from the marriage date, I need to file now.

Appreciate your kind response
Thanks in advance.

to librau

90 days within the exp date on the green card, for sure. I called INS and I also spoke with the immigr attorney at work. If you file it before 90 days they will send all your papers back. So don't bother and wait till you have 90 days before your conditional GC expires.

to katies

when is biom appt? keep us informed.
Does anybody know if I can travel overseas with just the passport from my country, expired conditional GC and a receipt (NOA), or do I need to apply for a travel passport before I leave US? I am planning to go on vacation for a couple of weeks

Hi Eleana,

You can travel with the NOA, expired green card and your passport, while your I-751 is pending.

Happy travels.

I received another NOA today in mail. It is not an original receipt again, just the replacement. So stupid. They didn't send me the NOA till last week (even though the case was received on Nov 20th) and now I have 2 of them.

now it is not stupid any more, it is RIDICULOUS

Today I get another letter from USCIS saying that the request for the replacement NOA was received and is going to be processed shortly. What are they doing there? I got my 2 replacements already. I don't need any more replacement NOAs:mad:

Filed I-751 with California Service Center

I just wanted to post my experience with regards to the fee change. I filed I-751 with CSC with a $205 check in the first week of november '06 and received the NOA & biometrics appointment three weeks later. So atleast CSC is not penalizing the applicants for the fee issue.

Also, I received an email from USCIS with status - card production ordered, in the first week of February. And then few days later, in the second week of February, I got another email stating that the removal of conditions was approved. So unlike what has been posted regarding online status updates for I-751, they do work and it does not hurt to register.

And finally I did receive the physical card in the mail. Exactly three and half months since I applied for the removal of conditions on my permanent resident status.

Last edited by a moderator:
divorcecd with my wife

hi i got with my wife in aug 2003, married in dec 2003 and applied for my green card in july 2004, i recived my green card in april 2005 but then we got divorced in august 2006 now i have to renew my green card in april 2007, i dont have enough documents to prove my marriage was entered in good faith, i was sure that my wife sorry x-wife would come with me to the interview and that it would not be a problem for us to renew my green card. but now i think i have a problem as i dont have enough documents to prove everything. i am trying to see what can be done
ANY SUGGESTIONS ????? :confused:

Is filing I-751, 80 days before conditional GC expires ok? Or does it have to be strictly 90 days.
P.S - Its been a long time coming back....Its nice to see that people (esp Ari..) have continued to use/update/maintain the EAD thread which was a brainchild of mine :p
Anyways..lets ee how things go and maybe I'll start the I-751 tracker as well with help from you'll

Another question...?
Do you have to do the Biometrics again...and also wait for the horrendous namcheck again for the " removal of condition".
just wondering because it seems a lot of people are stuck for a long time for their removal of condition and therefore was wondering what was causing the delays...

Hi ZoomZoom

Yes, you have to go through Biometrics again. Depending on the service center, you fall in, you may have to wait anywhere from 6 months to over a year(at least thats what I have gathered after reading the posts). I am not sure if they do a name check again.

Hope this helps ...

Purav

Three suggestions, one - get an immigration lawyer. Two, try to convince your ex-wife to come to your interview. Three, collect whatever evidence you have since your marriage, even if it is a repetition of what you submitted originally for the change of status - something is better than nothing.

-Kauchy

I-751 filed at the Nebraska Service Center

All,

I will keep it updated as possible. Reading about the I751, it looks like the USCIS is behind,it may take a year or so ? Anybody filed the 751 recently with the NSC ?
My case should be pretty straight forward ( I hope ), all required docs were sent.

Timeline :

I-751 filed : 2/12/07 ( delivered by mail ) at the Nebraska Service Center

to nika

check my postings. i filed 751 with nebraska in november, never received the original receipt, but i did get 2 replacement receipts in january. still waiting for biometrics appt. good luck