I-751 Timeline List

Please add me to the i 751 time list

01-10-08 filed i-751 at vsc
01-24-08 receipt and notice of action
biometrics done i like a month ,
plus one year gc extension which
expires on feb. 23 2008.

Pending as of dec 2 2007

when i filed my i- 751 i sent the foloowing evidence., please let me know if you think it will be approved or if it will required to show more evidence..

1- 3 years of joint tax returns

2- bills , some under her name, some under mine., with the
same address, we only have one joint credit card, but ido
have couple atm cards with her name as authorized user.

3- 2 affidavits saying that our marriage is real , one of her
sister and one of her mom....

4- pictures of our vacation..one in nj 2002..and one in fl 2004 pictures of parties...receipt of wedding ring.....love letters...

5-. I gave the lawyers tones of pictures, but she onlu used a few.

6.- birth certificate of our son

.....that's all i send....i am really not worry about they denyin it , because i can fight it 2000 times bcauise my marriage is based on love and its real...but i have to say that this whole process is being a pain , and my wife and i a really frustraded waiting for this, we dont wanna feel like every thing we do we have to think like..oh...but wait a minute..if we do i this way..thay might think this or that.....like this whole process is a pain..and i am very simpathetic to all of you who deal with this...with the only exception of those who really try to get immigration wich i am sure are a minority........i would love to hear comments about my entry ,and please ad me to the time line..i will be glad to share my experience with all of you..and good luck to everyone....

Waow Sarrebal, I am amaze that in ATL they did not ask you for a stamp and that officer was cool with the extension letter. I traveled every month and sometimes more than twice per month and they everytime check is the stamp not the extension letter, not getting any drama on it but it's annoying the confusion. Actually I stop even showing it because they keep saying why USCIS give us that piece of paper! And I found two different friends at work that happened the same problem: show the stamp, forget about the extension letter. Another example of how twisted is the entire system, one follows, other decide just to change the process at their convenience.

Even today I went for an INFOPASS since I need a new stamp and the officer told me that he has heard several complaints about it but CBP should accept the extension letter, they just "like to ignore it".

Exiting US, gate agents they barely really check, they must check because if you don't show you are a resident means you need to give them the I-94, is not about if you can or not leave the country...at the end is your problem how you will return to the US, when you return the airline needs to verify that indeed you CAN return. As they did. Most of the time, they check my stamp, only in Sweden they ask me for my extension letter. I just returned from France.

My "traveling with I-751 extension" experience.

On my way out of the US the airline employee asks for my GC but doesn't even realize it's expired.

Yesterday at Dubai Intl Airport the Delta representative asks for our passport (I traveled with my wife), he realizes I have no US visa on it and asks for my green card, he sees it's expired and automatically asks for my I-751 extension. Smooth.

We had to clear immigration at ATL on our way back home. I give the officer my wife's US passport, my Italian passport with expired green card and extension letter, and of course the customs declaration.
He briefly reads the extension to see if my name and A# match the ones on the card (my I-751 has my last name mispelled but it was not a problem), he then checks if the extension letter is real under a machine very similar to the one used to check paper bills, he then swipes my expired green card and asks me the standard question "Hom many days have you been out of the country?". He then stamps our passports and says "welcome home".
No questions asked about the extension letter.
Very pleasant experience. Will travel abroad again twice before the end of the year and see if the process is consistent.

Im sooo happy for you Jane, I was talking with Rare Gold about it.
Apparently now they change "their minds" and I have to follow my second application from July 2008. So I am just going to chill out and continue traveling with my new stamp that is valid until Dec09!

I need to call Rare.

I got email that my card production has been ordered.
Please update. My case was transfered to Vermont.

Hello, Everyone! It’s over for me, finally. Got my new 10-years card in a mail today.
Here is my processing info:

I-751
1/03/2008 - Sent to TSC
1/07/2008 - RD (TSC)
1/19/2008 - NOA (transfer to VSC)
1/25/2008 – conditional card expired
3/25/2008 – BIO done
3/25/2008 and 3/26/2008 - LUD
11/25/2008 - "Card Production Ordered" email
11/28/2008 - "Approval notice sent" email
12/01/2008 - Approval letter (from my local DO)
12/02/2008 - New shiny card in my hand :)
Total processing time – 11 months

Good luck and happy holidays for all of you!

Im sooo happy for you Jane,

Thank you very much, Cherr!
Best wishes and bunch of patience to you! ;)
Jane

Help!...
I forgot that I had my biometrics appointment today :(
Should I show up tomorrow or should I request to reschedule?
Please advice...

Get an Immigration attorney to work on your case immediately. if you have missed to take Biometric appointed on given date I believe you have potential issue of losing you GC.

Is that true? What if you missed the letter in the mail due to some reason and didnt make it? Something happend that wasnt intentional - and you have chances of losing the GC?

Is that true? What if you missed the letter in the mail due to some reason and didnt make it? Something happend that wasnt intentional - and you have chances of losing the GC?

The chances of not receiving the mail if you have the correct address on file with USCIS is possible but very rare in most cases. However, it is the responsibility of the individual to prove the matter by submitting the facts. In such a situation it important to get professional help from immigration attorney.

If an individual has moved to a new place after submitting removal of condition then it is the responsibility of the individual to notify USCIS immediately by filing AR-11. USCIS will send a letter with details of what changes were made as a proof to this effect which can be tracked back to prove that they botched sending the interview letter for biometrics to correct address.

The Interview letter for Biometrics clearly states that if you cannot make it on the date given you have an option to reschedule the interview.

However, If you miss to attend for biometric interview on the date an individual is called for you have a potential issue of losing you GC

Last edited by a moderator:
The number of folks called on for I-751 interview is very few. I saw somewhere on these boards that 90% of the cases get approved after you file for removal of condition. However, The filing process and being ready to take the interview if called up is very important

The biometric interview is a 5 minute activity where ASC(Application Service Center) processes finger prints and Photos for I-751 application.

change of address proof

When you change your address with USCIS, how long does it take for them to send you this letter of confirmation? Does it take 45 days, as they claim, or sooner?

The chances of not receiving the mail if you have the correct address on file with USCIS is possible but very rare in most cases. However, it is the responsibility of the individual to prove the matter by submitting the facts. In such a situation it important to get professional help from immigration attorney.

If an individual has moved to a new place after submitting removal of condition then it is the responsibility of the individual to notify USCIS immediately by filing AR-11. USCIS will send a letter with details of what changes were made as a proof to this effect which can be tracked back to prove that they botched sending the interview letter for biometrics to correct address.

The Interview letter for Biometrics clearly states that if you cannot make it on the date given you have an option to reschedule the interview.

However, If you miss to attend for biometric interview on the date an individual is called for you have a potential issue of losing you GC

The number of folks called on for I-751 interview is very few. I saw somewhere on these boards that 90% of the cases get approved after you file for removal of condition. However, The filing process and being ready to take the interview if called up is very important

The biometric interview is a 5 minute activity where ASC(Application Service Center) processes finger prints and Photos for I-751 application.

so in divorce cases, if one doesnt file officially that he or she is getting divorced but start leaving seperate in different cities then how would USCIS know. If they are having interviews, couple has to go together which gives them the proof that they are still together.
This system is full of flaws...

If the individuals are separated and did not filed for divorce and live in separate cities and got the GC. The citizen who is sponsoring the GC based on Marriage will be in trouble with the law for misrepresentation and may face legal issues if USCIS comes to know about it. There is also the risk of losing Citizenship and GC for fraudulent representation USCIS/Dept of State has the authority to revoke GC, Citizenship and initiate deportation proceeding.

Please add me in the list:

California Service Center

August 11, 2008 - Sent I-751 application
August 28,2008 - Received NOA/Biometrics Notice
September 19, 2008 - Biometrics/LUD
December 02, 2008 - LUD/I-751 Application Approved

Time Length - 108 days or 3 months and 18 days

Very happy and impressed without interview

Please add me in the list:

California Service Center

August 11, 2008 - Sent I-751 application
August 28,2008 - Received NOA/Biometrics Notice
September 19, 2008 - Biometrics/LUD
December 02, 2008 - LUD/I-751 Application Approved

Time Length - 108 days or 3 months and 18 days

Very happy and impressed without interview

OK, just for the sake of a good laugh, imagine me coming back from work, sitting on the couch watching TV. Multitasking, checking my e-mail, and I saw an e-mail from this thread... I jumped... I realized I forgot the appointment. We have been through a lot lately and I totally forgot. I went there early in the morning and when they opened the door I was like the 5th in line. When it was my turn to show the letter and ID, I asked if they could help me since I missed my appointment yesterday. Ha said "no problem" and handed me the form to fill. I didn't even have to explain. I was the second to turn in the form and I was out of there in like 15 minutes. I was so relieved. I haven't received anything else but the receipt and the biometrics appointment letter. I don't know if an interview will be necessary. I hope this doesn't cause any trouble. Thanks for your help and good look to everybody.

The Biometrics letter clearly states that if you fail to appear to the scheduled appointment, your application will be considered abandoned. I am assuming that would be after a certain amount of time if they don't hear from you. I have heard of cases where the applicant missed the appointment because they did not receive the letter. My neighbor sent a letter asking for the status of his application just to find out he missed his appointment for that reason, he was told to just go to he office (walk-in) and show the letter he sent asking for the status, and he didn't have any problems. Also, the dates in some of the signatures say "Bio/FP: XX/XX/XX Walk-in", like the one above... can you please explain what happened with your appointment? Thanks.