I-751 Timeline List

Just another update for the ones afraid of traveling with I-751 extension and expired green card.
Traveled yesterday from Paris to JFK with Air France. At CDG airport the airline employee knew exactly what to look for when I gave him the expired green card.
No problems whatsoever at POE at JFK. The immigration officer just told me never to lose the extension until I receive the 10-yr green card. And also that I can apply for citizenship even before I get approved.

I am still in shock to see how fast CSC is going: 3-4months processing time!
and VSC: 12-13 months processing time, and this one getting longer and longer every week. It was of about 9 months in Sept, 10 months in Oct, now they're taking 12-13 months! it s obvious they have a huge backlog with the TSC transfers, but there's no sign indicating they hired more staff to deal with this increasing number of cases.
OMG! this is unbelievable!

I am still in shock to see how fast CSC is going: 3-4months processing time!
and VSC: 12-13 months processing time, and this one getting longer and longer every week. It was of about 9 months in Sept, 10 months in Oct, now they're taking 12-13 months! it s obvious they have a huge backlog with the TSC transfers, but there's no sign indicating they hired more staff to deal with this increasing number of cases.
OMG! this is unbelievable!

But honestly, who cares about the long wait for the I-751????

I'd much rather have my I-485 processed fast than the I-751!
The I-751 doesn't give you any new immigration benefit. You get a nice extension letter which extends your green card benefits for another year. Should you not get your 10-yr green card before the extension expires, you schedule an infopass and they stamp your passport for another year, no questions asked.
In addition, the long processing time doesn't even stop you from filing for citizenship.
Yes, it would be nice if it was faster, but I don't think it's a big deal and it definitely doesn't change anybody's life.

try to sign a contract for a job for a 3 years period with an extension letter expiring in 4 months, and also stating "Approval Pending"; try to convince your future employer that USCIS will stamp another 1 year extension -no question asked!! ... then let me know about the outcome

try to sign a contract for a job for a 3 years period with an extension letter expiring in 4 months, and also stating "Approval Pending"; try to convince your future employer that USCIS will stamp another 1 year extension -no question asked!! ... then let me know about the outcome

You approached it the wrong way.
All they can ask is if you're legally authorized to work in the US. You are.
Then when they hire you, you fill the I-9.
Then, when the extension expires, you get the stamp.
And by the way, I'm interviewing for a new job these days, I'm negotiating the last details. My extension wasn't a problem, at all.

I believe the employers have or should at least have an idea of the Immigration process. The HR should be aware of such details. When I was interviewed for my current job, the HR asked me my status and as Sarrebal says, as long as we have authorization to work currently, the employer shouldnt have a problem. (Isnt it also considered an act of discrimination???) And if the employer causes issues, you may want to explain to them the situation, which I believe they would understand. Ofcourse its our duty and responsibility to keep track of our statuses and notify the employer of any changes!

Good Luck!

Hi, I got my first NOA a couple of days ago so here is my timeline

December 2nd - Mailed Package for I751 to Vermont
December 3rd - Package Delivered to Vermont
December 4th - Check cleared
December 12th -Rec'd firt NOA (1 Year extension) with Notice Date of 12/05

.........Now waiting on Biometrics appointment

thank serrabel and trinity. Your words are reassuring.
I'll have a meeting next month and will be asked to submit papers.
I'll approach the case as you mention.
I have a state DL valid till 2013 and an unrestricted SScard which are enough evidence for I-9www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-9.pdf, but i'm still nervous thinking what if they ask for greencard, which is expired and that extension letter expiring in 4 months clearly says "case pending"
Thank you again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am just registered here in this forum but I have been reading the forum for quiet a bit. My question would be I have filed my I-751 in March 14th 2008 with TSC, and I have still been witing for my papers to be processed. They have been updating the processing times every 18th or the 19th of the month, but they have not updated it this month so far. When I have applied for my I-751 I have included the I-751 application, some joint bills together, house ownership together, and etc. but i for got to include the tax returns we have filed together, then I have sent it in later (about two months ago). Do you think that it will be a problem that I have not included my tax papers with the first documents I have sent to TSC? Or do you think they would be able to put my papers together after I sent them the tax returns, or if they do not approve my case because of that, would they rather send me a request of evidence letter asking for the tax papers, or call me for an interview, or just deny me? By the way they transferred my papers to VSC later on March 2008 and it looks like my filing date now is March 18 2008. I just do not understand if this is taking between 10-11 months or over a year. I do not want to wait anymore or need to have to be in touch with the USCIS, it feels like they are not doing anything, all my friends that applied years after me got their cards in mail, sometimes I wish I have never had a two-year greencard.

That is not true in all the cases.

Now, the consequences of waiting so long is simple that they can screw you over and you think that everything is fine (since you are thinking you are not going to get any RFE, etc, etc) so let's say you move (because you should continue with your life) and you don't get the RFE...you get denied. If you don't get in any of those "loops" as many others has experienced, regardless that you file promptly and follow every single step...sorry but that's my point of view. Agreed, don't change anything AS LONG you experienced not major changes in your life or move or many other factors.

IF VSC was as fast as CSC, I wouldn't have been with the dilema/issue/problem that I have right now, or spending more money than I have spent so far. Last week I should be probably happy as many of you that got approved, but I was approved from my previous I-751 joint filing and I am divorced way before that. Just to explain it even more, they sure did not get/match any of my previous information telling them that I was arleady divorced, I even filed a new package after divorce...in vain, since I will be receiving my new 10 GC with my married name and based that I was still married...happy? No, the information is wrong, have been in several infopass and they even tell me that shouldn't worry about my previous filing in Dec...now, you would say, why I do care? Yes I do. ...now Im trying to do an INFOPASS for ATL office and there are no appt at this time (Xtmas, NYs? who cares right?). Not only that to call the misinformation line is not even a question of choice here. But ALL of this could be avoided for me IF I was approved in a timely manner.

And no, not all HR departments follow strictly the Labor Law...that's a fact, if not many people wouldn't be posting issues with the HR department, but they do, how can you deny that? If you don't care, that's fine...but others do.

That is not true in all the cases.

Now, the consequences of waiting so long is simple that they can screw you over and you think that everything is fine (since you are thinking you are not going to get any RFE, etc, etc) so let's say you move (because you should continue with your life) and you don't get the RFE...you get denied. If you don't get in any of those "loops" as many others has experienced, regardless that you file promptly and follow every single step...sorry but that's my point of view. Agreed, don't change anything AS LONG you experienced not major changes in your life or move or many other factors.

IF VSC was as fast as CSC, I wouldn't have been with the dilema/issue/problem that I have right now, or spending more money than I have spent so far. Last week I should be probably happy as many of you that got approved, but I was approved from my previous I-751 joint filing and I am divorced way before that. Just to explain it even more, they sure did not get/match any of my previous information telling them that I was arleady divorced, I even filed a new package after divorce...in vain, since I will be receiving my new 10 GC with my married name and based that I was still married...happy? No, the information is wrong, have been in several infopass and they even tell me that shouldn't worry about my previous filing in Dec...now, you would say, why I do care? Yes I do. ...now Im trying to do an INFOPASS for ATL office and there are no appt at this time (Xtmas, NYs? who cares right?). Not only that to call the misinformation line is not even a question of choice here. But ALL of this could be avoided for me IF I was approved in a timely manner.

And no, not all HR departments follow strictly the Labor Law...that's a fact, if not many people wouldn't be posting issues with the HR department, but they do, how can you deny that? If you don't care, that's fine...but others do.

Looking at your profile.. you are divorced and yet you have a card for a JOINT filing. Does that mean the card is invalid? Since it was issued after the D date?

I-751

I-751 Timeline
Filed jointly December, 20 2009(Florida)
DO-VSC
RD?
ND?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conditional PR Timeline...
Married to US Citizen November 11, 2006.
Re-date for I-485, I-130, I-765, 12-11-06
NOA- I-485, I-130, I-765- 12-14
RFE I-485- 12-26
Biometrics(code 3)- done 01-29-07
RFE Received- 02-07-07
LUD I-765 - 02-23-07
Lud I-765 - 02-27-06 APPROVED!
ND- Interview(Tampa), 02-16-07
Interview Date - 03-20-07
LUD- I-485, I-130, 03-01-07
Interview- 03-20-07-APPROVED!!!
LUD I-130 Approved 03-20-07!!!
LUD I-485 Welcome notice sent, Card production ordered 03-23-07
LUD- Welcome notice received 03-27-07
LUD- I485 Approval notice mailed 03-28-07!!!
03-30-07 GC received!
106 days in all.

List updated. lol cherr1980. Can't believe your situation. I would not know if I would be happy or pissed off in your situation. You have got to love USCIS. So much time wasted so many supposed checks and balances and yet garbage like this happens. Hope everything straightens itself out.

hi there add me in your list am new here.

new timeline for lifting of conditions

mailed I751 June 18, 2008

USCIS Vermont received June 23, 2008

Got NOA1 June 27, 2008 greencard extended another yr

Got mail for biometrics july 24, 2008

Bio appointment july 31, 2008

Bio july 31, 2008 DONE

WAITING TIME HUH

Filed I 751 on January 27 2007...

APPROVED TODAY>>>DECEMBER 31 2008.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL

READY TO CELEBRATE.......THE BEST WAY TO END THIS 2008..THANKS GOD...

Congratulations! Fran11, Yes! the best way to end this 2008. To others quotes, yes HR doesn't take these Immigration issues as they must, specially because they don't know immigration law, I am in the same boat, 2 year GC expired and stamp passport to be expired in 5 months, I took 1 year off working to take care of my baby, now I am going to back to work, My future job would be with projects that last 1 year to 2 years of responsibility, trying to convince the new employer why I took off 1 year and convice him I will be in the job for the next 1 year is double tuff, it would be easier just one thing, so I care about I-751. Thanks Cher1980 to share your case, I am not divorced but I am having serious problems with my husband, when I read your situation make me to work out my problems with him, I don’t want to screw this process specially because is almost 2 months to be processed, so double reason to care of I-751.

Vega, you can update our case in your timelist...
Filed I-751 on Jan 25th 08. (TSC transfered to VSC)
Approved on Dec 31st 08
Finally!
Good luck to all...

Card production ordered

Finally, I received an e-mail with card production ordered on December 31,2008.

Happy New Year to all !

RareGold

Card Production ordered

Happy New Year everybody !!!

I finally recieved an email stating that the card was ordered for production on December 29th 2008. Its been exactly one year since I filed. :D::):p

I 751 Applied to VSC 12/29/2007
I 751 cashed 1/28/2008
Extention received 1/30/2008
ASC appoinment 2/23/2008
Email of card production ordered 12/29/2008

I will post the date when I actually get the card in my hand. Sending my N-400 package today to VSC.

Good luck all !!