I-751 Timeline List

I live in Kentucky and i filed at the VSC i am looking at the processing dates for citizenship in Kentucky and its 6 months.I have filed to remove the conditions with a ND of 8/8/08 .I think i will be filing for citizenship asap,it makes no sense to me to wait almost 9 months more when most likely i can get citizenship before the conditions get removed.

You mean you'll apply once you complete 2 years + 9 months as a Permanent Resident? What did you mean by "applying asap"?

I heard that applying for naturalization also helps with accelerating the removal of conditions. Hopefully my case will be resolved by then.

Looking at the various time lines for California Service Center, it looks like most folks that get processed fast (presumably w/out any RFE's) have a 2-month period between Biometrics and Approval. I did my Bio on Oct 25th, so maybe I'll know my fate around about December 25th +/-. Sure would be nice to get this out of the way and start of 2009 in the US without Conditional status. Fingers crossed for everyone... I know what I want for Christmas!

Finally got my 'Card Production Ordered' email notice this morning. It's been 7 1/2 months since my original application. The USCIS website was quoting 6 months here in California, and asking you to wait a further 30 days before phoning. I did this, and while on the phone the rep emailed the appropriate department about the delay. Two weeks later I got this notice: I"ll post when the card arrives. Thank you all for the help... timeline below.

Mailed: 4/8/08
Received: 4/9/08
Check cashed: 4/10/08
NOA: 4/12/08
Biometrics notice: 4/22/08
Biometrics appointment: 5/2/08
Card Production Ordered: 11/18/08

card production ordered

finally i got an email that my card production has been ordered.
card produciton ordered --- nov 18.
vega please update my info

Hi Vega, Saturday November 15 I received my NOA for the biometrics appointment. NOA was dated 11/11/08, and the appointment is for 12/02/08 at 8am. Please update. Thanks.

I had my Biometrics done today. Everything went well in and out within 10 mins.

Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence:
I 751 Application sent to CSC : 09/20/2008
Application recieved at CSC: 09/23/2008
NOA Recieved with 1 year extension: 10/03/2008 (dated 9/26/2008)
Biometrics Appt Recieved: 11/12/08
Biometrics Done: 11/19/08
Interview / approval: waiting

LUD 11/19/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Everyone.
By the way, what are the chances a couple will get call to interview on I-751? My attorney said is minimal. I have been following this thread and guess what; everybody get their approval. Wish I am closed to California. I like the pace and the weather.

ciao

Card arrived

Got a final update for the Timeline, below... my card arrived yesterday. Just as a footnote, it was late on arriving, especially compared to some of the other applicants here, so I contacted UCSIS. They made the appropriate steps to get it processed only after it was outside of the quoted processing times, and only 30 days after that.
Thank you all for your help... next step, citizenship....

Mailed: 4/8/08
Received: 4/9/08
Check cashed: 4/10/08
NOA: 4/12/08
Biometrics notice: 4/22/08
Biometrics appointment: 5/2/08
'Card Production Ordered' notice: 11/18/08
Card received: 11/24/08

Hey guys,

I'm new here. I'm about to submit my I-751. Can someone tell me what should I put under Part 3 question 9?

"Have you resided at any other address since you became a permanent resident? (If yes, attach a list of all addresses and dates)"

I've lived in two places after getting my Conditional Green Card. One is my current address and the other one was a year ago. So, should I just check 'yes" and put the addresses and dates on a separate white paper along with my I-751 application?

Looks like all the questions on Part 3 should be “NO”…. like Arrest, Deportation, .. Hope it’s not a tricky question.

Thanks for your help guys.

This is a great idea, you can add me... Vermont Service Center, Biometrics 03/12/2008, NOA I dont have and I'm still waiting for desicion...

My "traveling with I-751 extension" experience.

On my way out of the US the airline employee asks for my GC but doesn't even realize it's expired.

Yesterday at Dubai Intl Airport the Delta representative asks for our passport (I traveled with my wife), he realizes I have no US visa on it and asks for my green card, he sees it's expired and automatically asks for my I-751 extension. Smooth.

We had to clear immigration at ATL on our way back home. I give the officer my wife's US passport, my Italian passport with expired green card and extension letter, and of course the customs declaration.
He briefly reads the extension to see if my name and A# match the ones on the card (my I-751 has my last name mispelled but it was not a problem), he then checks if the extension letter is real under a machine very similar to the one used to check paper bills, he then swipes my expired green card and asks me the standard question "Hom many days have you been out of the country?". He then stamps our passports and says "welcome home".
No questions asked about the extension letter.
Very pleasant experience. Will travel abroad again twice before the end of the year and see if the process is consistent.