I-751 Timeline List

Hi,
I have a quick question. If someone's Conditional residency expires say April 6th and they sent their document to USCIS on Feb 11th. Are they ok or not? As they are in 90 day window and they applied before the expiration date???

Please reply.
Thanks

Hi! Where did you file to?
As you can see by my signature, I sent my package (to CA) less than 3 weeks from GC expiration. I got the 1 year extension right away, and then the 10 yr card in January. The only disadvantage is that when my card expired in Nov, my drivers license expired as well, so I had to go get a new DL (with the one yr extension letter), once this one expires (this year) I will have to go to the MVD again and get a license with the 10 yr card. That's all. Good luck.

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum, but have found a wealth of information already so thanks ahead of time. My situation is as follows: I'm from CA married to a German citizen who received his conditional permanent resident status in Dec of 2006. This of course means that unfortunately due to terrible circumstances we spaced on the I-751 date and are now scrambling to get the package turned in asap! I haven't seen any info on late I-751s yet. Anybody have any success stories? What were your extenuating circumstances? How late were you and what sorts of supporting documents did you turn in with your packet? Unfortunately we don't have a whole lot of supporting documentation:

* Joint Tax Returns
* Flight Itineraries
* Car Title
* FAFSA form?
* Passports
* Marriage Certificates
* And an incredible amount of photographs~there's so many I would really love to send them a CD! I suppose I should probably just print them out if I want anyone to actually see them though

Any helpful information in this sort of direction would be so great.

First of all, good luck. 2nd, no idea about filing late. What I want to share is that for the photos / pictures I printed 2 huge 'collages' from Costco (online order), with thick white frames, and added dates and details below each picture with a marker. Then I cut them in letter size pieces to add to the package. I think it was better that a bunch of loose pictures or copies...

Card production ordered

I-751 RECEIVED VERMONT 03-24-08
FINGERPRINT 04-17-08
LUD I-751 04-18-08
CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 02-17-09

I admit this has been a long wait and very frustrating. Thank God
Now onto citizenship next month.
Good luck to everyone

Congratulations

I-751 RECEIVED VERMONT 03-24-08
FINGERPRINT 04-17-08
LUD I-751 04-18-08
CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 02-17-09

I admit this has been a long wait and very frustrating. Thank God
Now onto citizenship next month.
Good luck to everyone

Its so good that you got approved after that long wait. I hope your card comes in the mail soon.

Boy, it's been a while since I've been here (not sure where all my old posts went), but we submitted my wife's I-751 to Vermont in July 2008 and got the 1-year extension letter fairly quickly (her GC would have expired in August 2008.) Her biometrics appt in Boston was August 2008.

And that's that - nothing else since then. What I don't understand is that according to the USCIS site the "Processing Timeframe" for 751's in Vermont is "January 27, 2008." Does that really mean they're over a year behind? What happens if we don't hear anything by this summer?

(BTW, travel to Brazil in Dec was a little nervous as the agent didn't seem to know what to do with her extension letter on our way back. Luckily he asked someone who knew and we got back in.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Where did you file to?
As you can see by my signature, I sent my package (to CA) less than 3 weeks from GC expiration. I got the 1 year extension right away, and then the 10 yr card in January. The only disadvantage is that when my card expired in Nov, my drivers license expired as well, so I had to go get a new DL (with the one yr extension letter), once this one expires (this year) I will have to go to the MVD again and get a license with the 10 yr card. That's all. Good luck.

I sent it to VSC on 02/11/09. Does receipt and NOA take 1 to 2 Weeks on average?

nevermind sarrebal, i found it :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179680

Reading some more posts, seems like cases between march/april (dont really know) upto Aug are being transfered to CSC? And cases from aug 08 are being worked upon. Its not fair, but I guess they have to start somewhere to clear up the backlog!

And - CSC filed applicants in Dec (around 27th/28th) are being approved. so csc is taking about 2 months for people filing in csc. so if your case gets transfered to csc you should hear something in about 2 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great...<shakes head> So I guess my question stands - what happens if they don't get us in time?

It seems they're not transfering Mar/Apr/May files (so far just Jun and maybe an early Jul case) to CSC.
It would have made sense because many Mar filers have been approved and they're probably already working on Apr and May cases.
It would have made sense that they're sending Jun/Jul/Aug cases to CSC in order to clear the backlog and jump to Sep/Oct in 2 months.
This Aug case approval doesn't make any sense.
It's probably a file gone into the wrong batch... There's no other explanation.
Just my 2 cents.

It really does not make sense .But thats probably just Uscis in general.Maybe it was quality control or trainee approval .I just wonder whats the real system or method for approvals.Its so stupid people who file in CSC can beat us to citizenship while we applied on time but got stuck in VSC slow mess.Soon we will see people who applied in Sept November that will even out the madness.

Yes, its hard to tell whats going on with the VSC i751 cases. Definitely cases are and will be transfered. As per the AILA website, even if 80 k cases are being transfered with 10 k per week, thats still a lot of cases and with CSC fast processing, hopefully you guys will hear something soon.

Can someone please tell me which cases are being tranferred to CSC from VSC. I mean in terms of time line?

Secondly How long does the VSC sends NOA and Biometric after they receive the application and if the fee was sent in a money order or in a check.

BTW in terms of processing TSC is the fastest then comes CSC, NSC (Nebraska) and finally VSC. I guess VSC is slow coz of cold weather :).
Thanks

I751 and I130 (I believe) are being transfered from vsc to csc to balance workload. If you have filed your i751 it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 3 months to get your NOA, though in most cases in about 2-4 weeks. You can read some of our timelines to get an idea for various service centers

This Aug case approval doesn't make any sense.
It's probably a file gone into the wrong batch... There's no other explanation.
Just my 2 cents.

Believe or not VSC give priorty to some I-751 cases those are the following:
1. People who entered USA with a Fiance Visa, afer a while they married in USA with their fiance petitioner, then applied for I-130/1-485 and then Filed for I-751 in the proper time plus never married both parties before.
2. People who receive the condicional GC in their born country, enter USA and after the proper time filed I-751 plus never married both parties before.
These cases are approved between 4 months to 6 months in VSC. This a guesing , I have two friends with the above situations and they got the I-751 in VSC into 4 to 6 months.

Believe or not VSC give priorty to some I-751 cases those are the following:
1. People who entered USA with a Fiance Visa, afer a while they married in USA with their fiance petitioner, then applied for I-130/1-485 and then Filed for I-751 in the proper time plus never married both parties before.
2. People who receive the condicional GC in their born country, enter USA and after the proper time filed I-751 plus never married both parties before.
These cases are approved between 4 months to 6 months in VSC. This a guesing , I have two friends with the above situations and they got the I-751 in VSC into 4 to 6 months.

Well, VSC used to have normal processing time (4-6 months) for I-751 until 2007.
Maybe they were approved back then?

FINALLY my card production ordered.

I got a E-mail today at 1:00 P.M. as follows:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 19, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.......

Thanks to everyone for the posts that help me a lot.

Good Luck Everyone.

I-751 Receipt Date (TSC).... NOA1.... 3/21/2008
I-751 Transfer to VSC......................3/31/2008
ASC Appointment Notice......NOA2.... 4/03/2008
Biometrics Completed......................4/18/2008
LUD............................................. 4/18/2008
Card Production Ordered.................2/19/2009