I-751 Timeline List

Regarding the second part, I think, the information you provided or interpretation of the information is wrong. You can file for N-400 while your I-765 is pending ( as many of us on this forum has done it). But your N-400 cannot be approved while your I-751 is pending. So at the time of your N-400 interview, if you I751 is still pending ( less chances) then in the same interview, they will approved I-751 first and then do naturilization as by rule, you need to have I-751 approved at the time of your Citizenship approval. But again, it will have no impact on filing your N-400 (citizenship application).

The criteria for naturalization states that you have to be permanent resident for an X no. of yrs. (3 in case of marriage, 5 otherwise) to even apply for naturalization.... in the case of an I-751 pending, you are still a conditional resident, not permanent resident. You attain permanent residence upon approval of I-751.

Now i am not desputing anyone's N-400, which they filed and got approved concurrently with an I-751; I just wanted to pass along info which i was adviced by attorney's, who actually do this for a living. Rest is all a matter of luck and one's own judgement.

The criteria for naturalization states that you have to be permanent resident for an X no. of yrs. (3 in case of marriage, 5 otherwise) to even apply for naturalization.... in the case of an I-751 pending, you are still a conditional resident, not permanent resident. You attain permanent residence upon approval of I-751.

Now i am not desputing anyone's N-400, which they filed and got approved concurrently with an I-751; I just wanted to pass along info which i was adviced by attorney's, who actually do this for a living. Rest is all a matter of luck and one's own judgement.

The IO I spoke to had a different opinion. He said you could absolutely file N-400 even if I-751 is still pending, just submit a copy of the I-751 extension along with your expired green card.

Thank you vega, you can add me too, I've just got the 'CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED EMAIL'.

I 751 Applied (VSC) : 02/15/2008
Biometrics Appt: 03/12/2008
Biometrics Done
LUD 03/13/08
Approved! 02/02/2009

Understand your concern,but think about what you just said. "you have to be permanent resident for an X no. of yrs. (3 in case of marriage, 5 otherwise) to even apply for naturalization.... in the case of an I-751 pending, you are still a conditional resident, not permanent resident. You attain permanent residence upon approval of I-751."

According to your lawyer or above statement, you can apply for naturilization only 3 years after you been granted permanent residency. YOur 2 years of conditional residency does not count. which is certianly not the case.

I posting and arguementing only to save few months, because current processing time for VSC is almost one year. You can wait until you get permanent residency or save 3-4 months. If you want your Citizenship early and can not wait to have US passport, then as per my view there is not harm as many of us has done same thing.

There's no "conditional resident". The 3 year starts counting when the conditional GC is approved.

I just got an RFE on my waiver I751 (divorce).. I swear I sent a ton of stuff. Now they're asking for a statement of how i met my wife, all the details, reasons for marriage breakup... evidence of finances (i sent everything already... joint checking, joint lease, joint medical, dental, vision, and wife as beneficiary on my life insurance and 401k)... they also want to see a letter with details of any counselling / therapy if I saw a therapist. I got some advice from a friend who is a licensed social worker so I guess I'll try and get a letter from that person. Kinda surprised that I got an RFE after all the evidence that I sent them!

Late I-751

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum, but have found a wealth of information already so thanks ahead of time. My situation is as follows: I'm from CA married to a German citizen who received his conditional permanent resident status in Dec of 2006. This of course means that unfortunately due to terrible circumstances we spaced on the I-751 date and are now scrambling to get the package turned in asap! I haven't seen any info on late I-751s yet. Anybody have any success stories? What were your extenuating circumstances? How late were you and what sorts of supporting documents did you turn in with your packet? Unfortunately we don't have a whole lot of supporting documentation:

* Joint Tax Returns
* Flight Itineraries
* Car Title
* FAFSA form?
* Passports
* Marriage Certificates
* And an incredible amount of photographs~there's so many I would really love to send them a CD! I suppose I should probably just print them out if I want anyone to actually see them though

Any helpful information in this sort of direction would be so great.

I-751 Timeline

Filed jointly December, 20 2009(Tampa Florida)
DO-VSC
RD-01-21-09
ND-None??
Biometrics notice- 1-23-09
Biometrics date-02-13-09
Bio-Done 02-05-09(early in Tampa)

Stii No receipt notice yet!

Online say's we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED , 800 number say's Conditional residence I89 Received at Service center? any ideas? many different opinions...

Still havn't got a receipt letter yet extending residency!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I had same message when i calle to 800..No. VSC received application on 23dec, 2008. bio on 22nd , jan 2009. Nothing update afetr that. so let me know if u get any good NEWS soon. mine also said CRI89, I89 card received at service center.

Hi Everybody

I have a question for everybody, I filed my I-751 03/17/08 with VSC, and I have not heard anything from them yet, they told me to wait for a year then call them. I said ok I will wait, I just saw this user on this forum named amd...??? got his e-mail saying that card production ordered, and he filed his march the 10th. Now does that mean I would get an e-mail like 7 days apart from that or I still hato wait for a year, or what if I do not get no e-mail within a year too. hOW LONG DO YOU THINK i SHOULD WAIT FROM NOW ON OR WHAT SHOULD I do if I do not hear nothing within a year since I filed my papers? Or do you think they could still deny it or ask for additional evidence?

he filed his march the 10th. Now does that mean I would get an e-mail like 7 days apart from that or I still hato wait for a year,
The only thing it means is some officers are working on March cases. It is like to be in line in the supermarket, you can be the 2nd in line 1 and another person can be the 8th in line 2, if the cashier in line 2 is faster than the cashier in line 1 plus people in line 2 has less items to pay, plus there is not inconvinient with any product, the most probably the person that is the 8th in line 2 is going to check out first before you who was the 2nd but in the slow line. It is the same with Immigration, cases are distributed to diferent officers, some officers are faster than others, some cases have more papers to review, some officers have to RFE, send a letter for interview, etc.
If you are in the faster line, yes most probably you get a good new soon.

Until the USCIS Processing Times does not show they already processed your receipt date, call this people does not help.

Three thing you can do now is:
1. Register to see your case Online, so you can be notified by E-mail any change in your case.
2. Keeping tracking here or other forums, like every one of us do, to see how it is moving and wait until you get the GC, or get a RFE or Interview appointment.
3. Hopefully not, in the event that you will be out of the USCIS Procesing Times call immidiately to report your delay. Tracking here I can tell Processing Dates for the end of March are going to be posted by March 23 since still are people from January and February pending. If you want visit the March Filers forum http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=292193 to see people who has been approven even with March 26.
Same boat. Good luck.

OK, Called USCIS office as I have not received my one year adjustment letter. The person I talked to states NOA was sent to an old address!! But, on I751 there is a portion for mailing address. Yet, I received biometrics at the correct address.

Warning: Be careful, cause those folks can easily screw you up. Now I wait for a duplicate to be sent to my correct address.

I 751 approved

Chris911NY,
I got the email in febrary 28 but still no receive the card or the approval letter...you received it ?

Vega,
How long usually take to recieve the new card or letter by mail?
MEMS&)

Thank you vega, you can add me too, I've just got the 'CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED EMAIL'.

I 751 Applied (VSC) : 02/15/2008
Biometrics Appt: 03/12/2008
Biometrics Done
LUD 03/13/08
Approved! 02/02/2009

751 Approval

Hi, I have my good news as below in the email today. Please add me to the list.
Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On February 12, 2009, we ordered production of your new card.

Thank you everyone. Good luck!

Vermont
Date of I-751: 03/10/08
NOA1 Date: 03/26/08
Biometrics: 04/16/08
Approved: 2/12/09

Hi all I filled my I751 december 2007 but still i am waiting after finger print? plz can any one give me advice on this situation, as i have been calling uscis lots of time but they just send me latter for 60 days and after again 6o days notice to wait. I am realy very upset, also i have filled my
N-400 december 2008 after three years marriage base.

plz advise me any one who has similar situation.

thanks for all and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
my time line
d/o atlanta
12/01/2007 I751 sent to texes
12/17/07 notice recived moved to california
01/12/08 finger print done
????????? waiting

Quick Question regarding filing I-751.. please reply

Hi,
I have a quick question. If someone's Conditional residency expires say April 6th and they sent their document to USCIS on Feb 11th. Are they ok or not? As they are in 90 day window and they applied before the expiration date???

Please reply.
Thanks

Hi,
I have a quick question. If someone's Conditional residency expires say April 6th and they sent their document to USCIS on Feb 11th. Are they ok or not? As they are in 90 day window and they applied before the expiration date???

Please reply.
Thanks

I think you should be OK. Usually you get the receipt notice/1 year extension within a couple of weeks.

I think you should be OK. Usually you get the receipt notice/1 year extension within a couple of weeks.

Thanks nickkoll for your answer. Anyone with such similar experience or know the cut off time line for I-751 after which if one applies he/she can be denied or in trouble?

Thanks

Thanks nickkoll for your answer. Anyone with such similar experience or know the cut off time line for I-751 after which if one applies he/she can be denied or in trouble?

Thanks

It is clearly 90 days before green card expiration, so you definitely filed at the right time, I don't understand the paranoia.