I-751 November 2009 Filers

I mailed in my I751 packet Oct 23rd. Got the I797C receipt on 11/7/09. I got my ASC letter in the mail today requiring me to go for fingerprinting 12/22/2009. The problem I have is that I am scheduled to travel from Dec 18-Jan 1. I know the ASC letter has a box that I can check to reschedule. I guess I just want to know if it would hamper my case if I reschedule my appt as my flight is non-refundable.

I would suggest just go to the ASC center and get the fingerprinting done , rescheduling it may delay your case ? by the way what is your district office and which service center did you apply to can you kindly put some details so that it is easy to track

I have a question for the guys who received their FP notice and were able to check online status , were you able to check any online updates right after you received your notice , or were you able to see the updates after your fingerprinting was done ?

Is the EAC number on the fingerprint notice and the EAC number on the extension notice the same ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for the guys who received their FP notice and were able to check online status , were you able to check any online updates right after you received your notice , or were you able to see the updates after your fingerprinting was done ?

Is the EAC number on the fingerprint notice and the EAC number on the extension notice the same ?

for me extension notice and FP Notice EAC both are different. Also I can only check online status with FP notice EAC number. I am planning to walk in for FP and will confirm if my online date updates.

Thanks DB500 for that info, the reason I asked that question was if the numbers were same then when uscis mails the FP letter , there might be some kind of update , but since the numbers are different , i guess there is no way to know

Hi, How long should it takes before you receive your app. for FP.
I sent my i751 package to VSC on 10/30/09, received one year extention on 11/2/09 but nothing else after that. I'm starting to get worried :( Please advise.
Pam any updates on ur side ? what is your district office ?

Hey, it's NY :)
And no, no other update... I'll leave it in the hands of God :)

I think you should contact customer service and also VSC , because fingerprinting letters are usually sent in about 30 days from the application receipt date..just a suggestion

I think you should contact customer service and also VSC , because fingerprinting letters are usually sent in about 30 days from the application receipt date..just a suggestion

Oh, I called yesterday. They told me that I shouldn't be worried. She(IO) put in a service request just to make sure that I get the FP notice as soon as possible( she said "most likely your FPN is on the mail as we speak). She also told me that VSC has a 6 months delay on I751... If I don't get a response soon I'll call again, but I'm not going to stress about it ;) Let's enjoy the holidays.

Do you have any updates on your end??

Hi Pam

No I do not have any updates , just waiting for my bio-metrics..hope it comes soon.. the customer service reps are useless..they dont know a thing.. there is no relationship between Vermont having a 6 month delay and the fingerprint notice not arriving...

Hi Pam

No I do not have any updates , just waiting for my bio-metrics..hope it comes soon.. the customer service reps are useless..they dont know a thing.. there is no relationship between Vermont having a 6 month delay and the fingerprint notice not arriving...

That's true. They are useless. This girl was very nice, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt :)

Just pasting some details on another forum called Visa Journey , some timelines for VSC are posted there , thought it would be useful

VJName.............................Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....
BORA BORA...........................11/23/09..........11/30/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
UDELLA&WIZ.........................11/30/09..........12/02/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
FRANTICSKY.........................11/30/09..........12/07/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
IAN + ANNE..........................12/01/09..........12/07/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
JAMES AND TRACY................12/02/09..........12/07/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
MONABELLE..........................12/03/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
ALBDEN...............................12/04/09..........12/07/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
IVELINA_ANDREW..................12/05/09..........12/09/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
MIKEANDLANI........................12/07/09..........12/09/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
JANDC..................................12/15/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
VIDAFAREED..........................12/15/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....

Note - date of 751 means the date the application was sent to Vermont
Date on Noa is the date on the NOA
Link to this page is http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=231065&st=75

Waki my friend any update ?

I saw some updates for two guys on the other forum who have a recipt date of 12/07/2009 , one guy is from Philadelphia and the other person is from Maine.., they both have received their FP notices

here are the updates

VJName.......................Date of I-751.....NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....
BORA BORA...................11/23/09..........11/30/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
UDELLA&WIZ.................11/30/09..........12/02/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
FRANTICSKY..................11/30/09..........12/07/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
IAN + ANNE...................12/01/09..........12/07/09.......01/07/10........--/--/--.... ---> Received notice 12/18/2009
JAMES AND TRACY..........12/02/09..........12/07/09.......01/12/10........--/--/--.... -----> Received notice 12/17/2009
MONABELLE...................12/03/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
ALBDEN.........................12/04/09..........12/07/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
IVELINA_ANDREW............12/05/09..........12/09/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
MIKEANDLANI.................12/07/09..........12/09/09.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
JANDC...........................12/15/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
VIDAFAREED...................12/15/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....
OBAN.............................12/17/09..........--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--....