I-751 February 2008 Filers

No NOA or Biometric appt letter

hey,

I have files in the middle of February but still haven't received any notice from USCIS ( not application received or any biometric appt). I have called USCIS validated the correct address. Also went to the local office and get my passport stamped.

My only concern is, if i miss the biometric appointment by mail somehow and does not appear for the appointment then my application could deny. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU WOULD COME TO KNOW FROM ONLINE STATUS THAT YOUR BIOMETRIC HAS BEEN SCHEDULE OR IF 800 NUMBER ASSOCIATE CAN GIVE YOU THAT INFORMATION ? does anyone has the same situation ?

Hey Dipenpatel! I am in the same situation as you. Sent my paperwork almost at the same time you did and I also do not have any notice or biometric. I think I am going to have to do like you and go to the local office to get my passport stamped. Did you have to get an infopass ? and did they stamp your passport for a year?

I talked to the officer about the biometrics and he did not seem to think they would post that in the online status, but I think they should be able to tell you with the 1800 number. I will try to call tomorrow and ask about that...if I find out anything I'll let you know!

hey,

I have files in the middle of February but still haven't received any notice from USCIS ( not application received or any biometric appt). I have called USCIS validated the correct address. Also went to the local office and get my passport stamped.

My only concern is, if i miss the biometric appointment by mail somehow and does not appear for the appointment then my application could deny. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU WOULD COME TO KNOW FROM ONLINE STATUS THAT YOUR BIOMETRIC HAS BEEN SCHEDULE OR IF 800 NUMBER ASSOCIATE CAN GIVE YOU THAT INFORMATION ? does anyone has the same situation ?

Still waiting since my biometrics in March. Nothing to report. Have you guys received any updates or info since March or April?

troubles with issuing receipt notices

hi all just chiming in here. today i talked to a guy from the usics, the number on the online website, and im been informed that theyre having troubles wiith the machine that makes hard copy of reciept notices, and hes been getting an abundance of callers , there in. unfortunately the advice that i was given, is of no use for me because my passport has expired also. so im really hoping that notice appears soon. im glad that i live in bama, apparantly they have a two month grace period for dl. thank god!!. oh and btw i send my removal of conditions-751 in march 27, and recived the bio appointment for april 30. if someone has a direct link to were people are doing the follows up, i can provide my info there also. this has been a very wide eye opening experience.

gc hoilder since 3/06 approx
sent in i-751 march 27/08
recieved bio appoinment notice 4/9/08
bio taken 4/30/08
bio lud updated 5/1/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting since my biometrics in March. Nothing to report. Have you guys received any updates or info since March or April?

have you also not received a lud since your biometrics, I havnt either, but I guess that some just dont

I actually did receive a couple of LUDs after my biometrics, so was hoping they were at work on my application. But nothing much since the last LUD a month ago.

Vermont Service Center's date on I-751 has moved to April 1, 07 from March 1, 07. Just an update. I wonder which cases they are processing now.

It seems like there havnt been much movement in approvals lately. I hope there will be more soon.

Yeah I'm also waiting and wanting to hear if any Feb applicant has gotten approvals in any service center. I am thinking that the CSC folks should hear something back by the end of the month...but nothing so far for me either.

Hopefully, I really was hoping to be approved before August.
I guess it has a lot to do with luck. I just dont want to be stuck in a namecheck, I just read through the namecheck posts and it seems to take forever.

At the US-Canadian border yesterday, I had an interesting experience. Traveling with your Greencard and NOA extension letter creates a lot of problems, be warned, (because they do not recognize the letter!) but I won't go into that at this point. The border official they sent me inside the checkpoint to talk to checked my letter online and said that my I-751 application was approved, but he did not see anything about card production. I assumed he was just talking about the fact that my application was received and in process, but I wondered about it afterwards. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? There is no change in my online status.

Did you ask when was the date of the supposed "approval"? I think seems more like they recognized it online or is received...

I got a question, but wasnt really sure where and if necessary to ask. I just found out that I am pregnant, do I need to let them know, since I already filed, I figured I dont really need to. So, just wanted to make sure.

No, I did not ask. That is a good question. I guess I should have asked to see the monitor which contained all this info just 10 cm away from me. But it took them such a long time to process and enter all the info for entry that I just did not want to lengthen it by even one more minute. I was happy to be done with it all.

The most interesting aspect of this crossing was that I was asked "why do you not travel with your unexpired greencard??" I wanted to say "I wish I could-- if you had sent it to me!" Either everything is complete and my unexpired card is on its way without me knowing or they absolutely do not know anything about this process.

Did you ask when was the date of the supposed "approval"? I think seems more like they recognized it online or is received...

Interesting comment from that official. I read that a poster (not in this forum) received his 10 yr gc without even an email about it or prior notification, was in the mail, that was it.

I got a question, but wasnt really sure where and if necessary to ask. I just found out that I am pregnant, do I need to let them know, since I already filed, I figured I dont really need to. So, just wanted to make sure.

Congrats keila!

I don't think you need to let them know as your child is not born yet. They would ask for a birth certificate if your child is born. If you are called for an interview, imagine the ease to prove the bona-fide marriage if you show up pregnant or with a child...

MaqOuzo, I hope we will both hear something soon as we filed almost the same time.
I guess my baby will be american before I am.

So do you need to let the USCIS know when one's child is born? I'm curious since that will apply to me very soon.

Congrats keila!

I don't think you need to let them know as your child is not born yet. They would ask for a birth certificate if your child is born. If you are called for an interview, imagine the ease to prove the bona-fide marriage if you show up pregnant or with a child...