I-751 February 2008 Filers

i received this e-mail:

Application type: Cri89, petition to remove conditions of permanent resident status received

current status: Card production ordered.

On march 23, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks to my god! This mess is over. I will pray for everyone of you that are still waiting for an answer. One tip: Do not care about the processing dates, do not listen to the customer service people - they really do not know nothing, if it has been over a year, do get infopass appointment and ask for a service request.

Thank you everybody for reading my posts and trying to help. I will pray for each and everyone of you...

congrat soon2be free. Finaly with the help of God you got ur gc
i am v happy 4 u. Plz pray for all of us who r still waiting,
i called 2nd level i/o today they told me for my n-400 appliacton it looks like my name check is clear but now nbc is waiting for my i751 file from csc, then they can put me in interview q.
Good luck all

Advise

Hello
My I751 is still pending after a 13month wait. Me and my usc spouse are currently seperated and I moved to MD from NY. I just received a very good job opportunity in MD. The relationship just does not work anymore and its just a very unhealthy environment to live in. I am wondering should I send in a change of address along with a letter stating that we are seperated. The marriage was entered in good faith. I am so close to the end though. Im not sure if I should just wait a little longer or just send the letter in. As of 2/26/09 they said they will make there decision within 60 days. My congressman said my application has been with an adjucating officer since 3/5/09. Any advise will be helpful.

I was in a similar situation and I can tell you this ana and kelvin:
* You can change your AR-11 online, this is a requirement. But, I do not recommend you to change your address for the pending application. It will make this unnecessarily longer. Just check your status online, set up an automatic emailing system to see any changes on your status. Forward your mail to your new address and if they wont deliver your greencard, you can call USCIS and give your new address for them to send it.
* Wait for an answer back (good or bad) from USCIS, before you send them a letter stating that you are seperated. You are not divorced yet, and you will get a result very very soon. After you get the results you can choose a strategy to follow.

Thank You very much for your advise. Im just nervous as to why my case is taking so long. My cousin applied in May 2008 and he just received his 10year GC in the mail two days ago. I get on these forums and hear about all these approvals. It makes me want to cry. I feel happy for the people who are getting approved but I just get sad to know that my application is still out there. I feel like I can't plan my future until I know whats going to happen. I have to just cool it and be patient. Once again thanks alot. At least I know I'm not the only one still waiting from February 08.

I receive an e-mail from uscis that I have to wait for 60 days for them to make a decision. so that will be up to May waiting.

I am also waiting for approval.... My letter was dated March 20, 2008, my passport was cleared in December upon the request from the Italian consulate. Did everything else: called INS to file "outside of timeframe" request, went to the Local INS center last week but they had no info about my case, claiming it was still in Vermont. I guess there is nothing else to do but wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still Waiting......

Im at 31 days since I received the 60day letter. Im praying everyday for myself and for everyone else thats waiting. Because I know its very difficult to wait for a decision on your future for so long. These forums have kept my spririts up faith in tact. You guys have been very helpful.
Quick Question....My case has been with an adjucating officer since 3/5/09. What does that mean exactly. Are they investigating me still? Is that the person who is going to make the final decision? I figured if I was going to have an interview or if they needed more evidence they would of sent the request by now right?

Hey everyone... I filed my I-751 on Feb 26th 2009 at the WSC and I took my biometrics on May 14th 2009. Is there anyone out there who filed a I-751 at the WSC in the past year or so? Just wondering how long after you filed and after your biometrics you received your 10 yr. Green Card... Thanks!

Hi All

I'm just about to mail my I-751 and have a quick question. Looking at the processing times i estimate about a 12 month period until the application is complete.

Question: During the I-751 process period, Can i travel overseas? if yes.... what do i have to do in order to be able to travel.

I'm hoping to go to a freinds wedding and my niece's first xmas, if your wondering why i want to travel.

many thanks for any advice.

Luke

Hi All

Question: During the I-751 process period, Can i travel overseas? if yes.... what do i have to do in order to be able to travel.

Luke
Ok.firstly it shoud not take 12 months now.From what I am reading on other forums, CSC is taking 3 months max and VSC is processing Feb/Mar of 2009.
What is your service center?

To answer your question: when you file for I751 the Receipt Notice states that your Temp Green Card is extended for 12 months.
This letter and the expired GC 'should' be enough....but again ....I have also read that at times all the IOs are not aware of our special scenario and they do a little more questioning...but technically...you should not have a problem.