I-751 February 2008 Filers

I mail the I-751 two weeks ago ,and yesterday i received the one year extension (I-797c).i want to check with somebody who received this form previously if the text written on the form is standard procedure or this is only on my form because it says as follow:
*** the above receipt number must acccompany all inquires***
year condition resident status is extended....
in order to further process your pettition you will receiving an Application Support Center appointment....
Note: Conditional resident applicants ,including...
( and this is the part that i want to check with you guys if it is normal procedure,because here is what it says:
If you have not already done so ,provide supporting documents to asist USCIS in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS RECEIPTNOTICE WITH ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMIT.Such evidence may include,but is not limited to ,the following items:
-Lease joint tenancy or joint ownership of assets
-joint mortgage agreement and/or property deed
-tax returns
-Birth certificates(s) of any child(ren) born from the marriage
-Joint policies of lofe,medical and/or car insurance.
Upon receipt of you ascappointment notice,you can find the status .....

I did include all documents with my application ,but i would like to check with somebody that already send I 751 and received the I 797c notice of action ,if this text is standard procedure...
Thx

barista

Yep it's the standard letter, you are fine. Now all you have to do is check your mailbox everyday for the next 6 to 12 months.. ;) join the club

Hi everybody, here is my update.
Also, to barista, I got the same message in the extension letter too and I had already sent all the documents with my application.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Conditional status till 2/27/2008
I751 sent (CSC): 2/26/2008
I751 received by CSC: 2/27/2008
check cashed: 2/28/2008
1-year extension letter received: 2/29/2008 dated 2/27/2008
ASC Appointment Notice received: 3/13/2008 for Biometrics on 3/27/2008 (receipt # in system). Interesting...I also found online my previous I130 and I131 was updated on 3/9/2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD on my I-130 ??

Hey guys,

I just noticed on my portfolio on the Ins website there was a lud on my I-130 . I applied for I-751 and got an LUD on that on March 13 after my BIo.

Anyone else has any activity on their I-130 ,

LUD on my I -130 was on March 9.

LUD on I-130

I got the same LUD on I-130 first (right after my Biometrics appointment), followed a few days afterwards by LUD on I-751. Is this a good sign? Any ideas?

I got the same only that my LUD on my I-130 is dated before they sent my extension letter...is dated back after they received the I-751. I guess they just access your sponsor's petition to verify is the same person that are filing with you...etc etc. Remember that the I-130 is not your petition is your spouse's.

LUD on I-131

Actually, I made an error. It turns out the LUD right after my Biometrics was on I-131 (Advance Parole), not I-130. I wonder why among all of my cases, this one was updated first. recently

I received my Biometrics letter today. I got Saturday appointment which I am pretty happy about. No need to take time off work. Any ideas how long after Biometrics we might get our card. At this rate, it seems to be possible to get my card before my conditional expires.

Just received my NOA (with 1 yr extension) on my I-751 that I mailed exactly a week ago to the CA service center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,

Here is my timeline:

2/19/08: mailed I-751
2/25/08: I-751 received by Texas Service Center
3/5/08: money order cashed

I'm still waiting on the NOA. My GC expires 3/22/08...

Update on February filing

I have a couple of updates to report in the past week. On Saturday (3/15) we received a NOA extending the validity of the green card for one year. Also, since biometrics were done on 3/7, there have been LUD changes for the old I-130 (3/9) and the I-751 (3/14 and 3/18). The latter of the I-751 updates also changed the status of the application from something along the lines of "case received and transfered to Vermont" to "This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred." Now I wonder how long we'll have to wait.

Ruthie,

I guess all I have to say for now: get in line. I sent my app on 2/7 to TSC and they received it on 2/11. Check was cashed on 2/20, but that's about it. It has SRC number on the back, but I can't really read it. If that's the case, looks like February filers are staying in TX. Which, so far, seems not very efficient. I have been waiting and waiting... When I called, the recorede voice said up to 15 weeks. I know many of the citizenship appps are going to TX and everybody sent it in for voting this year. Plus fee increases... I'm not sure I should wait 15 weeks (that's like 10 more from now) or call again and talk to somebody...

to Kaligurl

hey,

i have also applied to Texas Service Center, on Feb 19, when i called them up, they transferred to IO and he gave me information about my application which according to him was received on Feb 25, My check was cashed on March 5 and he gave me the application # which starts from SRC.He told me they have sent NOA which i should receive within 30 days. it is March20 and still i haven't received it. I called them again to find out why i can't see my status online by Cash# and they gave me another application # which also starts from SRC, but this time officer told me they received my application on March 6 and on March 14 they trasferred it to Vermont Center and they will sent me NOA. Online also i see my case has been trasferred to Vermont Center although having number starts from SRC.

In short it is crazy world, sometime they said, my application was received on Feb 25 and then aftersometime it was March 6 ( it is funny though,my check was encashed on March 5) so basically they received my check first and then application( somehow my check jumped out of application package) it shows that what they are after. But yeah, i am in the same boat waiting for NOB but now from Vermont Center instead of Texas

I did create a portfolio account with uscis in 2006 when i applied for I-485 and I-130 ,and know i did applied for I-751 and I did recived the biometrics appointment and case number but i tried to log in my portfolio,that i was using in 2006 and i can not access ,so my question is:
Can i create new portfolio with usics in order to be able to recive e-mail updates in my I751 case,since i had created one before?
If i create new portfolio can this be affected because i previously had created portfolio account with uscis?
any ideas or maybe somebody was in this situation?

I did create a portfolio account with uscis in 2006 when i applied for I-485 and I-130 ,and know i did applied for I-751 and I did recived the biometrics appointment and case number but i tried to log in my portfolio,that i was using in 2006 and i can not access ,so my question is:
Can i create new portfolio with usics in order to be able to recive e-mail updates in my I751 case,since i had created one before?
If i create new portfolio can this be affected because i previously had created portfolio account with uscis?
any ideas or maybe somebody was in this situation?

Try forgot password option. Enter your old username and email. answer the security question and make a new password. This should give you acess to your portfolio.

Thank you come again :p

I did try to do that but still can not enter the portfolio. Even though i have the e-mail from uscis(dhs) that i received upon registration with my password and username.My question now is:
Can i use only my case number and go through check your status option and still be able to obtain the updates/changes in my case(which means can i check directly through uscis web site and my case number ,and be able to see if my I751 has been approved?
thanks for the answer and for any previous answers.