I-751 December filers

NOA received

Cherr and all!

I received the NOA today, everything is same as you and Princess mentioned: abbreviated name, empty beneficiary, amount received ( from my husband, however it was a joint account as yours Cherr) and so on.

I assume you also have listed in NOA what supporting documents we have to provide, if we have not already done so.

Of course, the case number is not valid yet, it will be after the ASC appointment will be received.

Keep in touch.

RareGold

Hi,
looks like every one is doing same as iam
well
my time line

Mailed on 12/18/07
recieved by USCIS on 12/19/07
checks cashed---12/26/07
reciept of NOA recieved on ---12 /29/07-- extension 1 year (on the bottom it is written California service centre , laguna niguel,CA)
i assume everybody has got the same in the bottom box of notice of action
So what next?
biometrics appointment----awaited

keep posted
hey cherr me in sandiego
yeah i corrected dates, not same day
bye

Cherr and all!

I received the NOA today, everything is same as you and Princess mentioned: abbreviated name, empty beneficiary, amount received ( from my husband, however it was a joint account as yours Cherr) and so on.

I assume you also have listed in NOA what supporting documents we have to provide, if we have not already done so.

Of course, the case number is not valid yet, it will be after the ASC appointment will be received.

Keep in touch.

RareGold

I got another case number when I received my 2nd NOA (Biometrics appointment). The case number on 1st NOA (1 yr extension) never works on USCIS online tracking, however the number on Biometrics appointment works:

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On December XX, 2007, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

congrats cherr, raregold,..now only if i can get my 1st NOA. I don't know if i;ll ever get it. I might have to go to the local INS office. I have my Biometrics appt. on Tuesday, so hopefully after that things will pick up for me :)

Can't wait for the day when all this gets over! :)

Hi Friends,

I mailed my I751 to VSC on 24th Dec '07 and did not see my cheque being deposited. I am concerned as my conditional GC has just expired and am waiting for the NOA so that I could get my passport stamped.

Its pathetic to see VSC still processing Mar1st files. Hopefully they will speed up.:confused:

Summary:

I751 sent to VSC: 12/24/2007
Delivery Confirmation: 12/26/2007

Good to see so many fellow I751ians:)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, nice we ALL are in track and same stuff...hopefully the decisions in our cases will be speed up or at least have a wishful thinking about it hehe :)

Telugu, your check should be cash this or next week (if my calculus are not that bad)...because your package was right on the holidays. To Rare and I took approx 2+ weeks to get our check cashed and we sent it even before the holiday rush.

Let's keep this thread alive.

congrats cherr, raregold,..now only if i can get my 1st NOA. I don't know if i;ll ever get it. I might have to go to the local INS office. I have my Biometrics appt. on Tuesday, so hopefully after that things will pick up for me :)

Can't wait for the day when all this gets over! :)

hey meers, I will give it another week (until next week) and then go for infopass...hopefully should arrive soon!

received my BIO letter today.. Interview date scheduled on 1/22/08 at 9AM

Mailed I-751 Dec3rd
Checks cashed Dec5th
NOA Recieved Dec12th - GC Extended for 1 year
Biometric NOA recieved 1/7/08
Biometric Interview 1/22/08

NOA used for international travel?

I have a question for those who received their NOAs. Does this notice itself extend your GC for a year or did they send you a new green card with a new expiration date? I wanted to ask this because I'm wondering how this letter would be valid for international travel if they do not actually send you a green card? For example if you were to go to Canada, could you actually enter Canada without a visa because you have this NOA?

received my BIO letter today.. Interview date scheduled on 1/22/08 at 9AM

Mailed I-751 Dec3rd
Checks cashed Dec5th
NOA Recieved Dec12th - GC Extended for 1 year
Biometric NOA recieved 1/7/08
Biometric Interview 1/22/08

You got a biometrics appointment (which is fingerprinting), or an interview?? I'm just a bit confused about "Biometric Interview".

I have a question for those who received their NOAs. Does this notice itself extend your GC for a year or did they send you a new green card with a new expiration date? I wanted to ask this because I'm wondering how this letter would be valid for international travel if they do not actually send you a green card? For example if you were to go to Canada, could you actually enter Canada without a visa because you have this NOA?

The NOA itself is a proof of your GC extension. You can travel with your current GC + this NOA with no problems.

You won't get a new GC until your I-751 is approved.

I got my biometrics done yesterday. The last updated date has changed on USCIS webiste for I-751 to 1/8/08. The last updated dates for both I-130 and I-131 have changed as well. I don't know why they would look at my advanced parole app.

And still no NOA extending my GC. :confused:

MasterArcht, if you need to travel you go with your GC+NOA that gives you the extension for one year. They won't send you any new green card until your approval.

Telugu, right on! by the end of this week (Fri or Sat) or by next Tue you should receiving your first NOA (ohhhh by my calculus).

Meers, when is that you call and the lady told you that they were going to send you another NOA? Is by Friday nothing...I would go for INFOPASS, but at least call again just in case...
Interesting that it came out the original petition and advance parole...???

December - California filing

Hi all,

I have found this site incredibly useful in this whole long process and wanted to say thank you and post about my experience with these last steps... All of our applications were handled by me, no lawyers involved at any step - thanks mostly to the help of this website!!

First a bit of background:
- first entered US (Orange County, CA) on TN status from Canada July 2002
- married USC March 2005
- applied for AOS, AP, EAD April 2005.
- conditional Permanent Resident Card granted March 2006. The interview was very easy, and quick.
- mailed i-751 (California Service Center) package 12/14/07
- package was received 12/15/07
- received I-797 receipt after returning from Christmas holidays (dated 12/17/07)

To my surprise, yesterday I received my biometrics appointment letter!! Is that the final step? Does this mean we don't have to have another interview?? I am truly shocked and needless to say, VERY pleased by the speed at which this last step has moved. My appointment is next Thursday 1/17 at 2pm. I'm sure the afternoon is the worst time at the Santa Ana office but I don't care if that means I get my 10 year green card!!

Agfd...Usually biometrics is the final step..however the wait from the biometrics to 10 yr GC could be anywhere between 30-60 days (CSC) .. some have been even later. So hopefully you should be getting your GC soon :D

Cher, I had called them again and they said the same thing "We'll send it out again" .. but I am thinking that they'll probably wait for 30 days after the NOA has been sent..I'll have to call them again in a week or so. I am not leaving the country till March so probably will go to the INS office sometime in Feb..Hopefully I'll get the letter before Feb :).

does anyone know if their reciept no. from the first NOA works online? The lady on the phone gave me a different receipt no. then biometrics NOA..and that no. does not work. If it does not work for anyone..do you know when the receipt no. would show any case status info..if it'll ever.

Thanks!!

does anyone know if their reciept no. from the first NOA works online? The lady on the phone gave me a different receipt no. then biometrics NOA..and that no. does not work. If it does not work for anyone..do you know when the receipt no. would show any case status info..if it'll ever.

Thanks!!

My first NOA's case # doesn't work online but my biometrics NOA's case # does.

Question

I was just looking at my bank account to see if VSC had cashed my check but no such luck yet. I was also looking at other posts and realized that my wife (USC) and I had moved in Jan'07 and I never filed anything with the USCIS telling them that we moved. So the conditional GC is tagged to our old address and our 751 application has a new address...does anyone know if that's going to be a problem?? :eek: