I-751 December filers

Well, as long as this process gets over with and I get my permanent GC i don't care what they do with my application :D

I really hope it takes less than 4 months as you said jac2005 :)

wow...that would be such a nice anniversary present if it takes 4 months...:)

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays all!

Ok..I just got my Biometrics appt. letter for 1/8/08. However, I still have not received my NOA extending my GC. Is this normal?

Ok..I just got my Biometrics appt. letter for 1/8/08. However, I still have not received my NOA extending my GC. Is this normal?

I would wait for a few more days before scheduling infopass 'coz this may be due to postal delay. However if you need to travel, it's better to request a copy of your first NOA before departure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I am not that so happy now...my check was cashed but it was send to Vermont Service Center.

Meers,
Don't worry, some people received one NOA before the other (extension first, then biometrics or viceversa). Give it a week of delay. It has been holidays so there is always delays in everything from USCIS to USPS. Not necessary both NOA's arrive at the same time in many cases.

Why my stuff was sent to VSC? does not make any sense...they should leave it in Texas for that matter! I mean, isn't VSC slower than Texas? so why forward it to a slower center...what the F that means, huh? I was so happy to see my check cashed but for what?

MasterArcht...we are in the same miserable boat, so you keep posting here.

I have mailed my I-751 on Dec3rd 2007 to Vermont Service center filed by my Attorney. Received NOA on Dec12th waiting for my BIO and Fingerprinting.

Mailed I-751 Dec3rd
Checks cashed Dec5th
NOA Recieved Dec12th - GC Extended for 1 year
Biometric Waiting ?????

Vsc

I just started my I751 process and mailed everything on the 27th of Dec.

Looked online for timeline at the VSC and they are on March 1, 2007!! WOW...did not realize that they're so behind...:mad:

Letter from Friends/Acquaintances

Thanks for the replies. It seems like Vermont Service Center currently takes a long time to process I-751 applications, but hopefully they will speed up in the coming weeks/months.

For those of you who have already filed: It seems like a letter from 2 acquaintances(friends, relatives) who know you and your spouse is also advised by USCIS as a supporting document to remove conditions on your greencard. Did any of you include this? Does anyone have a sample letter they could share for this purpose?

Check cashed

Dear all!

My check was cashed on 01/02/2008 and there is a stamp : "for deposit only USCIS Vermont Service Center".

Numbers are hard to read. This is what you also have Cherr?

RareGold

Hi RareGold! yeap same stamp that read pretty clear...there are numbers in the front of the check handwritten and starts with EAC. There are others in the back and then the stamp. I actually tried all the numbers there and the ones in the back and nothing comes up on the system. I will wait for the receipts.

So both were sent to the same place huh? wonder if it was for the time that our files got there or the origin...where you at? I'm in GA.

Well, we are several people now on VSC...I decided not to check those "times" they are just going to cause me more stress and unnecesary frustration.

IN ANY CASE WHATEVER PERSON THAT FILED I-751 DECEMBER, KEEP POSTING!!

I should put my signature...

For those of you who have already filed: It seems like a letter from 2 acquaintances(friends, relatives) who know you and your spouse is also advised by USCIS as a supporting document to remove conditions on your greencard. Did any of you include this? Does anyone have a sample letter they could share for this purpose?

I did include those...I included my father's in law and a friend of ours that went to our wedding and we always are in touch and even went to visit her. Unfortunately I have few friends here, all my friends are back in my country of origin but they are not US citizens or US residents so... for me is just silly that even my own mother can has a say but my father's in law does...I mean my mother has visited me more than my own father in law. The ones that I have here, know my husband but just like "hi" and that's it, he is more to go on his circle of friends which are few anyway. And in some ways there are people (like two of his friends) who just don't want to be involved on these issues that when I was saying the word "affidavit" they got all like..."what? why? I don't like it"...was really annoying. And still my husband does not understand how frustrated ALL this thing can be!

I still have not received the first NOA. I did call USCIS and the lady said that it was sent out before the Biometrics letter. She verified my address and ordered a new NOA to be sent out. Lets see when that comes. I am not traveling out of country till March so I don't mind waiting. But its just frustrating! I don't know who to blame USCIS or USPS!:mad:

Sounds that it was lost on the mail?
Well at least the lady sounded efficent.

Good that you called!!!

Uhmm.

Well, I got the first NOA: "Your conditional residence is extended for a period of one year..." and blah blah...now, when I looked at how it was address they even could not put my COMPLETE NAME??? helllooooo E.g. Cherr Sullivan they put "C. Sullivan" and there is plenty of space though. And in the part of "petitioner" my name is printed out and on the beneficiary line is empty...is like the computer just beginning to fill out automatically...I checked over the internet and found out a sample of a letter in the same way..let me know how your NOA looks like...

The NOA included the amount received $545.00, in the form of (personal check) and from (e.g. K. Sullivan)...funny, we sent the check from our joint acct and only they put my husband's name, ha!...okeyyyyy so much of a joint huh?

...well just waiting for that appt letter then.

RAREG check your mail!! MEERS let us know if you get your letter next week!

Cherr

Last edited by a moderator:
cherr1980,

My first NOA looks exactly the same as what you described. However my biometrics appointment letter includes my complete name.