I-485 Tranfers to Atlanta

one more day

1moreday said:
I received Interview letter for ATL 5/23 with officer G yesterday. It was send on 5/2 with the RD 4/26. My dependent did not get an interview letter.
What should we do?
Can she come to interview with me without her letter?
Anybody had an experience with officer G?

had the same situation in my case. i took my wifey along and after and during my interview requested that the officer also interview my wife. after intial hesitation and gentle proding from my end she agreed.so take your dependent and keep all his/hers papers ready also. she will be asked to wait outside but later will be called in

Welcome letter & Green Card

Some where in this thread, I read that we will get Welcome letter after approval of 485. How long does it takes to get Welcome letter and GC after stamp(I-551) on the passport ?
RD 08/07/2003
AD 06/14/2005

Time for interview

Any idea how much time it takes for interview from Atlanta Office.
ND 6/26/02
Case Transfered 7/8/05.

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlanta Office: Do they send the e-mail?

Do we get an e-mail when the interview is scheduled?

Do they update the case status on the USCIS site after they schedule the interview?

zc488a6 said:
Do we get an e-mail when the interview is scheduled?

Do they update the case status on the USCIS site after they schedule the interview?

No, you only get the letter from Atlanta office. If you had finger print done over 15 months, you will get again notice for finger print.
After case transfer to local office, they do not update case status online. It is kind a dark hole. My case never updated online after transfer to Atlanta on June 2004. Still, it has same msg.
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004
AD, interview-06/14/2005
CR- 07/10/2005

What is the phone number of Atlanta office?

Hi, dear Tahachal. Congratulations to you case. I just have a bunch of questions for you. My case was submitted in Jun 2004 to Texas center on EB-1A category. The online status indicated it was transferred to Atlanta local office on Oct 14, 2004. However I have never received any email or mail notices so far, including fingerprint. Is this weird? Another thing is I moved to Nashville, TN this year. I have informed the Texas center about the address change and received the confirmation mail already. However some person suggested me to call Atlanta local office to change my address. Do you think I need to call Atlanta? And where could I find the phone number of the local office? The person in Texas does not wanna tell me. So what can I do? If I called, will they transfer my case again from Atlanta local office to Memphis local office? At least the person in Texas center said like that. Any ideas?
Many thanks

MMscar said:
Hi, dear Tahachal. Congratulations to you case. I just have a bunch of questions for you. My case was submitted in Jun 2004 to Texas center on EB-1A category. The online status indicated it was transferred to Atlanta local office on Oct 14, 2004. However I have never received any email or mail notices so far, including fingerprint. Is this weird? Another thing is I moved to Nashville, TN this year. I have informed the Texas center about the address change and received the confirmation mail already. However some person suggested me to call Atlanta local office to change my address. Do you think I need to call Atlanta? And where could I find the phone number of the local office? The person in Texas does not wanna tell me. So what can I do? If I called, will they transfer my case again from Atlanta local office to Memphis local office? At least the person in Texas center said like that. Any ideas?
Many thanks

Usually, they(Texas) will send a notice to applicant and attorney when they transfered the case(I-485) to local office. I received a notice within a week after they transfered my case to Atlanta. Also, they updated on line.
I think, you not gonna get any help if you call in local office. It is better to go there personally and ask for the case, if possible. I went there several times to inquire about the case. You need to make sure they updated your mailing address, so you need to call 1-800 No customer service and make sure they have your new Address.

Many thanks, Tahachal. I called Texas center and changed my address there already. Texas center person said the internal communication within USCIS will transfer my case from Atlanta to Memphis, TN. I just wanna push the local office and confirm the transfer of my case. Well, it looks like the "infopass" is the only way to work here.

INTERVIEW LETTER… :confused:

Two of the people I work with who have filed for their spouses who are of foreign origin never got their interview letters and their cases have been denied (two completely independent cases)

After talking to one of them, he said that he found that this is a common occurrence. Is there anyway we can do to ensure it doesn’t happen to us? Those who have received their interview letters, did you status change on CIS’s website?

Please share your thoughts, ideas and experiences. THANKS!

e17345

e17345 said:
INTERVIEW LETTER… :confused:

Two of the people I work with who have filed for their spouses who are of foreign origin never got their interview letters and their cases have been denied (two completely independent cases)

I am not sure what you are implying. What were the reasons for denial of those two completely independent cases? Did they receive the interview letter; got interviewed and then denied? Or they just received denial letters after interview?

You will NEVER get an update in the website, once your file reaches local office. There will be no way to know if you even got your interview scheduled, unless you receive it in mail. Even postal loss can result in denial due to abandonment.

Tme for Interview at Atlanta Office

NOtice Date 6/26/2002.
Case Transfered to Atlanta 7/8/2005.
No interview yet.

Any idea how much time Atlanta Office takes to schedule an interview.

zc488a6 said:
NOtice Date 6/26/2002.
Case Transfered to Atlanta 7/8/2005.
No interview yet.

Any idea how much time Atlanta Office takes to schedule an interview.

Any time soon. Atlanta goes by received date, and they are working on late 2003. So, you will hear from them soon. They might ask for Finger print again if you had Fringer Print more than 15 month. good luck.

RD 08-2003
TD 05-2004
ID & AD-06-2005
Card Received-07-2005

Inetrview at Atalanta

Got the interview on 9/29/05.
Interview went well, standard questions.
But now we are stuck in the retrogression.

Retrogression

zc488a6 said:
Got the interview on 9/29/05.
Interview went well, standard questions.
But now we are stuck in the retrogression.
If it was 9/29/2005, then ADO must have issued the approval on the spot as the dates were current. I guess, the rumor that retrogression had already eaten up all the visas for September 2005 has affected you too! It is very unfortunate.

VSC to ATL to VSC to ATL again

Months passed after the interview. We were waiting for pending name check. Finally, our local congressman office informed us, our name check was cleared. But, we have to wait for visa # due to retrogression. I called 1-800-375-5283 on 11/28/05. The lady took all my info and she said VSC will send me a letter about the status of our application. Today LUDs changed.

The content of the message did not change on mine.

--------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 4, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The content of the my wife's message changed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 28, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did the interview in Atlanta in May. Why are they sending our cases to ATL again?

Anybody had a similiar experience. Pls reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreday
We went ADO around 7 am for our 8am interview. I stopped in front of the building to ask the security about cell phone. He told me it is OK to carry the phone in the building. Later, I saw the sign in room 287 not to use the phone in the room. I also saw a couple of people using their cell phone in the room.
Our lawyer took our interview notices and put in the box. Officer G called us around 8 am. She is a black lady in her 30's. She was very formal.
Took the oath, index Fingerprint, signature. The regular questions, about communist, terrorist, public assistance, etc.
Asked the following the documents:
-DL
-EVL
-Taxes
-140 Approval Notices.

Our lawyer told her it is EB AC21 180 day portability case. I was worrying she would ask about is this a same or similar case. She did not ask.
She asked about when we left the country last time?

She said everythying is fine except my pending name check.
We were out in 15 minutes. I am glad it is over. But the wait continues.

Good luck Tahachal and others.
Thank you RealCanadian and other people who made this very informative forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stolen EADs and passports

I applied my paper EAD3 at VSC in 12/05. It was transfered to Atlanta in 02/06. It was over 90 days last week. I took infopass appt. for 3/30/06. Unfortunately, I could not take a day off to go to Atlanta (6 hrs one-way).
I tried to get Monday infopass appt. No luck. I decided to go on Monday (04/03/06) with the old infopass appt letter. I had my passports, copies of I-765 forms with our SSN, DOB, A#, all personal info, and old EADs, etc., in my bag. It was stolen from my car (04/01/06) in Atlanta. So I did not go to ATL DO and drove 6 hrs back to home.

Anybody had similar experience?
Any advice in terms USCIS, ID theft/fraud, etc.,?
Thank you in advance