I-485 Tranfers to Atlanta

1moreday

1moreday said:
Anybody had similar experience?
Any advice in terms USCIS, ID theft/fraud, etc.,?
Thank you in advance

Did you file a report with the local law enforcement?

Did you notify your foreign embassy in the US regarding the loss of passport?

Without any of these basic follow-ups, you cannot proceed anywhere!

Received an interview notice

I received a notice for my interview June 28, 2006 at Atlanta Dunwoody office. I have been visiting this forum million times to get an idea how soon the interview could happen and what to expect. Everyone's postings details have been very helpful to me. Thank you Everyone! I want to share details of my case.

EB3 filed in Texas Service Center

PD October 16, 2001
RD/ND I-140 August 18, 2004
RD/ND I-485 September 28, 2004
I-140 approved April 11, 2005
FP done June 18, 2005
TD to Atlanta July 22, 2005 (last LUD change)
Interview notice rec’d May 24, 2006
Interview sch'd June 28, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
interview

hi i have been there last month basic like w2 ,evl letter ,
birth cert. for kids valid passport for you and your spouse,pay stubs , en did when did you came here all question only fifteen miniuts b then they going to check your piroty dates check with national visa center if it is ok then then they going to take your finger print and if you have photo graphs take with you also your spouse than you are done
then after 2 weeks you get welcome notice with receipt no then you can check your status on line then two tims lud change then you get your green card. i have mine first then last week my spouse lud change so i am expecting his card on this tuesday because of monday holiday check visa bulition

Interview Standrad Question

halyva,

Please post your interview detail. How did it goes?
What standard questions were asked by officer.

Anybody, Please share your experince for interview.

Thanks
Kalse2000
Interview date July 18.

halyva,

How many LUDs did you see before the transfer? Did you get an email notice or mail notice? What may have triggered the transfer? Thanks!!!

PD is current since 06/01/06 and still waiting

My case was transfered from VSC to Atlanta DO (1/7/05). Interviewed in 5/23/05. At the interview were told to wait for Security/Name Check(s). Our local congressman's office told us that Security/Name Check(s) cleared in 09/05, but we have to wait for visa #.
My PD is current since 06/01/06. I went to ATL DO to check to status via infopass on 8/11/06. I had a LUD on 8/29/06, but no message change.

I received a letter dated 9/6/06 says the following:

Your application is currently pending. You will receive notice by mail, once a decision has been made.

Anybody got approval from Atlanta DO recently?

1moreday said:
I received a letter dated 9/6/06 says the following:

Your application is currently pending. You will receive notice by mail, once a decision has been made.

I had mother lodes of experiences like that. It is a nostrum and means nothing. ADO is a leviathan and unless you really run into a caring soul who can take a look into your case specifically, these communiques mean nothing. Keep trying. That's the only way I could get behind the behemoth.

I got a LUD today

I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283 to check the status of my application. I spoke to VSC. They told me to contact ATL DO for the status of my application.
I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283 again to change the address.

Today LUD changed.

The content of the message did not change on mine.

Does this LUD mean something?
or
Is it a result of my phone calls?

Finally got a stamp

Today I am finally got a stamp in my passport. I received a call from a Dunwoody office to come with my passport on any of the offered days. I choose the closest, Friday this week. By fax I received an appointment same day they called me (That was on Tuesday this week). The officer took my passport and about 20 minutes later returned with a stamp that is good for 1 year... She said that a card should arrive with in 2-3 weeks. or sometimes it may be longer....

Few things I did after my interview in June 2006. I did not do anything first week of September waiting for the name check to be done… Big mistake folks.!!!!!!!!. Do not wait after your interview for more than a month…. I went to the USCIS Atlanta to check on my status of name check in September to find out that it was completed in July……. They told me that my file with other 300 was sent to Charlotte, NC due to back log in Dunwoody…. And it just came back…. So there is nothing is holding my file …. I hoped it should take no time to take a look at my case and make a decision… Big mistake… Nothing happened for a month…….. So I went there again to enquire regarding my case………. The case was transferred to Dunwoody for review was the reply… I told them that the case has been sitting for 3 month with no activities... Officer gave me an enquiry form to fill out…

Parallel to that in September I called USCIS main number and asked them to send a request regarding case status to Atlanta office. In addition to that a talked to a senator office and asked them to send a request about the status of my case. They received a reply from USCIS by e-mail that the case is in Dunwoody… and it should not take more than 30 days to complete the review.

I do not know which of my efforts helped or may be nothing helped and just time was right.
I learned one thing during these 3 months…. After interview I should only give them a month before start bugging them. This way maybe I could get a stamp earlier and not to waist money for two travel passes and work authorizations (Applied in August and still do not have either one of them).

Applied under EB3 but the officer during interview said that I go under EB2. Confusing but who cares now…. GOOD LUCK to all!

PD October 16, 2001
FP done June 18, 2005
Passport Stamped 10/27/06

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 5 e-mail from USCIS

I got 5 e-mail from USCIS 10/28/06. There is a LUD same day. But no message change.
My wife got LUD too. We did not get any email for my wife's case.
Does it mean anything?
Is it a result of my recent inquiries? (see my previous post)

We got FP Notice

We got 5 e-mail from USCIS 10/28/06.
and
on 11/04/06 we got FP Notice for 11/18 in Birmingham.
Can I go to Birmingham ASC one week earlier than my appointment?

Received a Green Card

Today I received a Green card. A card is good for 10 years. Few day before I received 6 welcome notices..... I guess that much happy USCIS was to give me a GC :rolleyes: after 5 long years.......... :eek: Good luck to you all and a lot of patience.

PD October 16, 2001
FP done June 18, 2005
Passport Stamped 10/27/06
Card received 11/21/06

Approved

We got the approval letter from Atlanta DO dated 11/28. It says service center will mail the card in 9 to 12 months. Since it was in local office. We did not see any LUD.
Waht is next?
When should I expect the actual card?
Thank you everybody for the valuable information and the support.
Good Luck. I hope everybody will hear the good news for their cases very soon.

We got the approval letter from Atlanta DO dated 11/28. It says service center will mail the card in 9 to 12 months. Since it was in local office. We did not see any LUD.
Waht is next?
When should I expect the actual card?
Thank you everybody for the valuable information and the support.
Good Luck. I hope everybody will hear the good news for their cases very soon.

Hi 1Moreday,
Same is here, I got received letter from Atlanta Office that case has approved and it will take 9-12 months for card.
Did you have any update on your card?
Did you got stamped your passport?

Thanks

It matters as a way to find out how they're processing: By RD or PD? When was the case sent to local office? Were you interviewed already? If so, when. I am awaiting with a similar situation and am therefore curious. AS you shall see in my sig, my PD is April, 2003