I-485 Tranfers to Atlanta

Glad to find this thread

I did an inquiry early this month and I got the response last week. It says my case was transferred to Atlanta local office. But the problem is I never received any paper work says about the transfer. The online case status never changed either. When did they transfer my case? A month ago or two years ago?

What shall I do now? Make an infopass appointment to check out what is going on? I don't live in Atlanta, can I call instead of going there physically?

Thanks!

oocyte

You will have to go in person. ADO is not very friendly even in person. I can only imagine what kind of treatment you will get over the phone. And guess what? You will be given 1-800-375-5283 as the number for ADO office. They don't give you the 404-xxx-xxxx number.

After one hour wait finally talked to an information officer. She was not nice but did provide some useful information. Both of my and my wife's cases are still in TSC, but the alien files were transferred to Atlanta office on Mar 1, 2004.

I and my wife both started the inquiry. I got a letter saying case was transferred, my wife got a letter saying... case still pending.. will forward to a supervisor/officer for review.

The officer said both of our cases will be transferred to Atlanta office eventually. I don't know when the physical transfer is going to happen. I moved and now I need to send AR-11 to Atlanta office.

I sent my EAD application to TSC since my I-485 is still there. Hoping I can get it in two and half months.

Processing Date

What is the current processing date at Atlanta?

RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004
FP 09/21/2003

Ead

Currently, my file is on Atlanta, so where do I need to apply to renew my Employment Authorization? My EAD will expired on May 2005.

RD 08/07/2003
FP 09/26/2003
TD 05/18/2004

Surprise!

Got the interview letters for us :D :D . I still did not receive transfer notice. When I first saw the letter I thought they are finger print notice.

My first FP expired a long time ago :( .Can we go for 2nd FP with the interview letter?

One question: They ask me to bring my I-140 with me. Does that mean the original I-140 application or the approval notice? It is a NIW case and I don't have the I-140 application. My lawyer probably has it but I fired him after the I-140 was approved.

Finger Print in 4 months

My case has been transfered to Atlanta since May 2004. Yesterday, my spouce(dependent) received a letter from Atlanta for 2nd Finger Print. Looks they just touched our file after 10 months. But appointment for Finger Print is July 5, 2005 after 4 months from now. So this time we need to wait another 4 more months for finger print?
Can we go next month at service center for Finger Print with all the documents or we have to wait until appointment date? Please give me a suggestion.

RD 08/07/2003
I-140 AD 05/18/2004
EB3

if fingerprint center not far away from your home, you can always go to there try do it earlier. some place can do it earlier, some can't, it depends.

Tahachal said:
My case has been transfered to Atlanta since May 2004. Yesterday, my spouce(dependent) received a letter from Atlanta for 2nd Finger Print. Looks they just touched our file after 10 months. But appointment for Finger Print is July 5, 2005 after 4 months from now. So this time we need to wait another 4 more months for finger print?
Can we go next month at service center for Finger Print with all the documents or we have to wait until appointment date? Please give me a suggestion.

RD 08/07/2003
I-140 AD 05/18/2004
EB3

Lud

Still, I've not received my Finger Print notice, but my wife received almost 3 weeks ago by mail and never received email and no info changed on her account on computer so far. Also, I could not find any finger print code on her notice. We both did 1st finger print same time. Looks like they will approve our 485 with out my 2nd fingerprint haaa. Any way, I'm thinking to go Atlanta office to see those happy and smiley faces.

Finger Print

Finally, I received my finger print notice for June 6, 2005. For my spouce, appointment for finger print is July 5, 2005. Anyway, we trying to do early finger print by next week if they allowed.
Also, we received our EAD card within 2 weeks. Hard to beleive that they are processing EAD that fast.
RD 08/07/2003
FP1 09/26/2003
TD 05/18/2004

Where did you send EAD renewal forms ?????

Tahachal:
Where did you send EAD renewal application.

In my case attorney has send it to dallas Dist office.

pls let me know.

do you got any answer for bring I-140 application or approval notice to the interview? I'm in the same boat.

oocyte said:
One question: They ask me to bring my I-140 with me. Does that mean the original I-140 application or the approval notice? It is a NIW case and I don't have the I-140 application. My lawyer probably has it but I fired him after the I-140 was approved.

EAD and Early Finger print

lx_kumar said:
Tahachal:
Where did you send EAD renewal application.

In my case attorney has send it to dallas Dist office.

pls let me know.

Lx_Kumar,
I sent my EAD application to TX Service Center by me.

Atlanta ASC allowed us to do early finger print Yesterday. Original appointment date- for spouce July 5, 2005,
My self- June 6, 2005.
How do we find out that FBI cleared the status?

Finger Print

We had early Finger Print(no Biometric) last week on 31st of March, but there is no LUD, no e-mails, nothing. According to FBI, they sent report back to INS on same day. What is going on?

Approved yesterday!!!!!!

Got up early and drove to Atlanta. The traffic did not look good on I-85 so we decided to take MARTA to downtown Atlanta. I felt sick after 25 minutes ride (carsick all the time unless I drive). Reached the ADO at ~9:25. Was surprised to see people formed three lines and were waiting outside. I felt even sicker after standing in the strong sunshine for 30 minutes. We were allowed to go into the building at 9:55am. The male security was kind of mean since I messed up his paperwork (signed up with first name first, and then I listed my wife's name also, yeah! I was dumb). We went through security check and got into the room at 10am sharp. I found that the attached visitor tag was gone right after we dropped off the appointment letter. The officer called my name when I was going to look for it.

The officer took our finger prints right after we took oath so I knew she was going to approve our cases. No questions asked, only verified some general stuff and she stamped our passport 10 minutes later.

Thanks. poongunranar.

Officer H. She did some homework before the interview. She knew it was a very simple case. She seemed to know everything about me. She did ask for tax return and employment letter but she did not even take a look at them and just put them into files.

Thanks Oocyte.

What do you mean when you say, "she did some homework," and "she knew it was a very simple case?" I mean, did she express herself that way that your case seemed to be very simple? Also, what do you mean by the homework thing? Did she specifically ask you "give me that doc," "give me this doc," etc.? Did your interview notice specifically ask for any particular documents targeted to your case? Is that why you say that? Also is she kind of rude or affable? Did you give IRS transcripts for the tax returns?

Also one important question: Did they specifically have the CHECKBOX checked for passport size photographs and birth-certificates? They haven't checked either one of those for me and so am not sure what that means. If they approve after the interview, won't they need the photographs for the actual card? Or do they don't need it for transfers because they have the file and the file has our photographs already? Kindly confirm if this is the case in your case too.

Once again, thanks and congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an NIW case and I only work for one employer since I came to USA. I didn't think she needsed to check the bone fide of our marriage since we married before we came to USA and my wife is with me all the time. TSC should not transfer our cases in the first place. They probably transferred our A files together with our AP aoolication last year(my wife's was transferred to LA local office and transferred back to Atlanta some time later).

I believe She alreay went over our files and decided to stamp the passports before the interview. That is the homework I was talking about.

We got the standard interview letters. Only this letter and picture ID were checked on the first page. The attached lists are general too, the same one with the FP notice from ADO.

We did not talk much besides several Yes, no answers. The officer spent most of her time organizing files.

I was going to ask about the transfer and what the hell happened to our cases since we did not get any transfer notices. I did not feel well and was not in the mood for those small talks since she already stamped our passports in several minutes.

I forgot to mention she did ask for the EADs and we handed them our 3X2 EADs. If I remember correctly it was before she stamped our passport.

She whispered something like you should wait outside, or well, it is all right and stamped the passport in front of us.

About the pictures, I asked her whether she needed the new pictures. She said it was fine she had the old ones. I replied: good. I looked much better on the old one than the new one.

I still feel very tired today, probably because I got up so early yesterdaay. The above are all I can remember.

BTW, I did not feel excited any all.

Last edited by a moderator: