I-485 Tranfers to Atlanta

Thanks a lot, Oocyte!

You now have all the reason to be rested and peaceful, I guess. Yeah, yours also took too much time and just too many hassles and so finally when all is over, you don't even get enthralled about it. I can understand. But, am sure you will be looking forward to from this point onwards.

So, was this Officer kind and gentle? And did you provide IRS transcripts for the returns?

poongunranar said:
You now have all the reason to be rested and peaceful, I guess. Yeah, yours also took too much time and just too many hassles and so finally when all is over, you don't even get enthralled about it. I can understand. But, am sure you will be looking forward to from this point onwards.

Of course I am glad it was over. But GC does not help me a lot with my career. IT means a lot to IT guys, but not too much for professionals in universities.

So, was this Officer kind and gentle? And did you provide IRS transcripts for the returns?

The officer was nice. I only had the photocopies of the photocopies of my tax return.

ANY Emergency AP experience in ATL?

Has anybody had an Emergency AP experience in ATL?
Please post your experiences.

Friends

VSC received my new photos 3/22, 131LUD is now 3/28.
I called VSC about the status of my 485. They send me a letter on 4/4 saying contact ATL about the status of 485. 485LUD changed a couple of times recently.
Why?
Because of 131RFE?
or
Because of transfer?
or
Something else?

any opinion(s)?

It has been more than a month for our early Finger Print(2nd) done, and we have not heard anything form USCIS. Found most of the people received e-mail with in a couple of days after finger print done. I'm just wondering. Usually, how long do we need to wait for the interview after 2nd Finger Print?

RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/19/2004
FP2 03/31/2005

infopass documents

My case is transfered from VSC to ATL. I am trying to check the status of my 485 application.

I have an infopass appt at ADO on monday.

What documents should I carry?

What questions should I ask?

Finger Print

As you know guys, we had early finger print (2nd) on March 31, 2005{Original Schedule- June 6 and July 5(Spouce)}. According to FBI, they sent reports back to USCIS on same day. Also, I spoke with INS officer last week at 1-800 , she said they(USCIS) received reports on April 7th. Yesterday I received a call from my attorney's office because they received a call from USCIS for rescheduling finger print(No Biometric) for my spouce. But we have not received any notice regarding re-scheduling. So far NO LUD, No email etc..I don't know what is going on???

RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/19/2004
140 AD 05/18/2004

Interview in ATL 5/23

I received Interview letter for ATL 5/23 with officer G yesterday. It was send on 5/2 with the RD 4/26. My dependent did not get an interview letter.
What should we do?
Can she come to interview with me without her letter?
Anybody had an experience with officer G?

Interview

1moreday said:
My case is transfered from VSC to ATL. I am trying to check the status of my 485 application.

I have an infopass appt at ADO on monday.

What documents should I carry?

What questions should I ask?

1 Moreday,
Did you go ADO on last Monday? What did they told you about your case?
Do you think, I better go there and ask for status of our case or it is just waisting time?

Monday visit to ADO

Tahachal said:
1 Moreday,
Did you go ADO on last Monday? What did they told you about your case?
Do you think, I better go there and ask for status of our case or it is just waisting time?

Yes I went to ADO.
check this thread.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1135959#post1135959

I did not learn anything new. When I was there, the morons did not tell me they are sending my interview notice same day. I bought the plane tickets for the family on Wednesday. Now I have to pay fines to change the dates. But thank God, it could be worse. They could send the interview notice when we were overseas. May be it depends on the officer you talk. For me it was a waste of time and money since I live 300+ miles away from ATL.

Interview

Hi, I rec'd interview notices for me and my wife for June 8, 2005 with officer F. Does anyone have experiance with him/her. Please advice what type of questions they ask as I am not fluent in English. I'm nervous so please help me out.

hinket2004 said:
Hi, I rec'd interview notices for me and my wife for June 8, 2005 with officer F. Does anyone have experiance with him/her. Please advice what type of questions they ask as I am not fluent in English. I'm nervous so please help me out.

What is your RD, FD, TD?
Could you provide more info about your case? It will help me to figure it out about my interview date. I hope I will from them soon. Who knows, I've to deal with ADO.....
RD-08/07/2003
TD-05/19/2004
FP2-03/31/2005
EB3- I guess (Master's degree)

Interview

Finally, We received a Interview Notices for June 14th with Officer G. Spouce's appointment time is 8 am and mine is 8:30 am.
We have an appontment with our attorney on next week for interview prepration, I guess. I'm also planning to take my attorney to interview.

1 moreday,
I think you will also have officer G for interview. Please share your interview experience .

RD-08/07/2003
TD-05/19/2004
Interview- June 14, 2005

Interview experience of 1moreday.

hinket2004 said:

officer G interview experience

"We went ADO around 7 am for our 8am interview. I stopped in front of the building to ask the security about cell phone. He told me it is OK to carry the phone in the building. Later, I saw the sign in room 287 not to use the phone in the room. I also saw a couple of people using their cell phone in the room.
Our lawyer took our interview notices and put in the box. Officer G called us around 8 am. She is a black lady in her 30's. She was very formal.
Took the oath, index Fingerprint, signature. The regular questions, about communist, terrorist, public assistance, etc.
Asked the following the documents:
-DL
-EVL
-Taxes
-140 Approval Notices.

Our lawyer told her it is EB AC21 180 day portability case. I was worrying she would ask about is this a same or similar case. She did not ask.
She asked about when we left the country last time?

She said everythying is fine except my pending name check.
We were out in 15 minutes. I am glad it is over. But the wait continues.

Good luck Tahachal and others.
Thank you RealCanadian and other people who made this very informative forum."

Inteview

My case is based on future employment, and I have a current job offer letter from my sponsoring company(LC). I never worked for my sponsoring company. Do I need EVL from my current job? Please help....
Anyway, we will take our pay stubs from current job and 3 years Tax Transcripts on the interview. Yesterday, I received tax transcripts from IRS. It took about 8 days.
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/19/2004
Interview 06/14/2005

Tahachal said:
My case is based on future employment, and I have a current job offer letter from my sponsoring company(LC). I never worked for my sponsoring company. Do I need EVL from my current job? Please help....

You need an offer letter or EVL for whichever employer you will be working for after the GC. Who is that?

Good luck!

The Real Canadian,
Thanks. I will be going to work same company who filed I-140 and Labor, and I have job offer letter from them. Do I need to take their(company's) copy of tax file?
Currently, I'm working on different company and my job is different than Labor certification. Still, do I need to take current Job letter? They might ask us how we are surving. Anyway, we are planning to take our paystubs.

Interview

I've 3 more days for interview. I collect all the documents what I think I need for interview. I'm kind a nervous, I don't know why. Anyway guys, What kind of dress up is better for interview?
In the interview notice, it has not mentioned for passport size photo, but I'm thinking to take couple of those. I wear glass(spec), so photo has to be taken with galss or not? Please help.

Long journey is over

Finally, my long journy is over. I came to this country in 1991 and I filed labor in 2001 and approved permanent residence in 2005.
I had interview on 14th at 8 am. Interview was over within 15 minutes. Officer ask only my job offer letter and my 3 years tax return. She only asked to my spuce is her date of birth. I never thought interview will be this simple. She stamped(I-551) the passport, and said we will get card with in 3 weeks.

If we did not get our card within two weeks, can we use that I-551 to get in Canada? Any idea or experience?