I-485 Tranfers to Atlanta

Tahachal

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
How long we need to wait for interview after transfer to Atlanta. Please post any information regrding Atlanta District Office.

RD- 08/07/2003
FP- 09/26/2003
AD I-140 05/18/2004
Transfer 05/18/2004
AD, Interview.......?

I got transfered to ATL in oct 15th 2004, got scheduled for appointment the last week of december (the interview letter came in the mail in Nov 15).

Good Luck

Interview

Glad to hear that you received appointment for interview. At least, they are working for transfer cases. Looks like they go by RD not transfer date.
What kind of docements are they asking for?

4 months to get file from TX to ATL

Couple of days ago, I went to Atlanta office with info pass to ask about my case status because it has been transfered 7 months and I have not heard any thing from them and my figer print will expire pretty soon.
In room 101, when she looked in the computer and she said my file just arrived in Atlanta on September. She does not have any idea when I will have an interview. She let me filled out Status Inquiry form, I hope I will hear from them pretty soon........?Uh

Do any body know Fax# for Atlanta Distict Office ?

RD 08/07/2003
FP 09/26/2003
Transfer- 05/18/2004

case transfered from nebraska please help

:confused: how long do u guys think it will take?and will i get an interview?

"On December 15, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. "

fresh72

Mine was transferred in December 2003 and I am waiting for the interview for the past 13 months. RD is 08/2002.

Some progress in my case

I got interview notice for myself and wife. Interview is scheduled on 18th Junuary. I got the notice on 2nd December 2004, But I only came to know about it now since I was gone on vacation for the whole month of December 2004.

I will update you guys if there is further development.

RD/ND April-2002
TD June-2004

Pramod.

How long its taking Atlnata office to schedule Interview

Now I really hate TSC:
RD: 02/21/02
FP1: 04/01/03
RF1: ack by TSC on 08/11/04
RF2: ack by TSC on 12/15/04
Both RFE regarding SR issued for both AP and I-485 from same Officer#374 which I never need since I entered USA on AP
FP2: 12/03/04
AP approved on 12/30/04 after 1 year and 27 days
And now instead of approving my I-485 the officer transferred it back to Atlanta office. What the hell is he/she doing? I think this officer has some kind of grudge for me. And I Bet you this person is also Immigrant
I am so much frustrated the way this guys work over there, First of all they do not know the law and secondly they are trying to misuse their power. I think I should just give up and go to Canada

This person who ever is handling my case is really stupid, because he is the one is handling my AP as well as I-485. He issued exactly same RFE on both cases both time and after receiving the RFE, LUD changed and he approved AP bases on RFE and transferred I-485, I am wondering why he approved AP and not I-485 when the RFEs are same for both case, why he did not transferred my AP in local office as well. And why he transferred the case when the processing date is way beyond when I filed.

Atlanta

Last month I went to Atlanta office to find out status of my case. Lady(RM101) told me they are working on RD June 2002. When I told her on outside(Lobby) sign said Sept 2002 then she told me she has no Idea. Also, she mentioned my file just arrived in ATL on Sept 2004, I guess it took 4 months to get from TX. She gave me to fill out case status inquiry form. Also, I asked her about my finger print expiration, but I did not get any answered.
Two weeks ago I got a letter from Atlanta office, saying they are processing Sept 2002 file, and they changed my mailing address. Even I did not request to changed my adddress at all. I have been living same address last 5 years. I do not know what they are doing? I hope we all out from this long and deep tunnel soon.

Tahachal

That is the same experience for me as well. Guess what, I was also given the crap that, "your file was received here at this office on September 2004," even though my transfer was in December 2003 with a prompt acknowledgement by ADO in December 2003 as well. When I politely pointed out that the file was already transferred to ADO way back in December 2003 and that ADO had even sent a notice to that effect, the lady was irked and told me that a "file" need not be just "one file" but may comprise of "many files" and out of those "one final such file reached on September 2004." What a pity!!!!

Apart from that, you go there as many times you want, you will only get the same answer and the same form-filling sanctimonious ceremony! Count your stars and you are more lucky that way, then trying to rationalize their behavior which even finally God gave it up with the high muckamucks of ADO.

Despite not having changed addresses, I also received the same crap as you did. So, just don't try to rationalize anything. They have a template and a script that they blindly follow.

interview date given

feb 9 th interview date
transfer date dec 15
priority date nov2 2002

please recommend a good lawyer

fresh72 said:
feb 9 th interview date
transfer date dec 15
priority date nov2 2002

please recommend a good lawyer

Fresh, you may not need a lawyer if the case is straight forward. Post your case detail.

Atlanta

According to USCIS officer at Atlanta and their Web, they are currently proceesing RD on Sept 2002. But some of friends from this thread, their RD was Nov 2002 and they are scheduled for interview soon and some already approved by ADO. It is hard to believe ADO really follow the RD.

RD 07/08/2003
I-140 apprpved 05/18/2004
TD 05/18/2004
EB3-I guess...

Dec 20,2002

Currently, Atlanta is processing RD Dec 20, 2002. Within one month they are moving(processing time 485) almost 3 months forward. It is kind a good news. I hope we will pass through this long dark tunnel soon.

Few Questions: Finally received Interview letter

Both RFE regarding SR issued for both AP and I-485 from same Officer#374 which I never need since I entered USA on AP
TD to Atlanta: 01/04/05
Interview date: 02/28/05

Question 1: Can I get early appointment and go for Interview earlier or I have to go only what is mentioned on the interview letter? which is Feb. 28

Question 2: On the interview notice, they wanted me to bring Passport, License, Pay stub, Tax paper, W2 and Medical Record in sealed envelope. (Individual exempted for brining medical records are K-visa holder and registry cases), what is registry case? Do I need to re-submit the medical records? I already submitted it long time ago I guess about 1.5 or 2 years ago. Does this mean that I have to go for medical test again?

Question 3: Does any one know that this is generic letter for everyone who is called for interview?

Please share your experince

Please let me know
Thank you

sargodhian said:
TD to Atlanta: 01/04/05
Interview date: 02/28/05

Question 1: Can I get early appointment and go for Interview earlier or I have to go only what is mentioned on the interview letter? which is Feb. 28

NO

Question 2: On the interview notice, they wanted me to bring Passport, License, Pay stub, Tax paper, W2 and Medical Record in sealed envelope. (Individual exempted for brining medical records are K-visa holder and registry cases), what is registry case? Do I need to re-submit the medical records? I already submitted it long time ago I guess about 1.5 or 2 years ago. Does this mean that I have to go for medical test again?

Question 3: Does any one know that this is generic letter for everyone who is called for interview?

Please share your experince

Please let me know
Thank you
Follow the thread of I 485 Processing at Vermont - Local office processing and Processing time in Atlanta

Birth Cirtificate

Friends,
We do not have original birth certificate. When we were born we did not have those kind of system. We only have letters from Consulate(Embassy) which we submit with 485 and Affidavit from guartdians with notorized by government officer from my country. Guys, will those two items will be enough or will get hard time from these black hole people.