I-485 Tracker

3 months ago we received a response on service request to wait for 60 days as it is already with an officer, no special review king of wording. i don't know mann i don't know.. i'll just wait and pray

Hi guys, how soon did you get a biometrics appointment scheduled after filing you I-485s? About a month? Thanks!

cortaidus; I hope we r not victims of the hold that a lot of asylees are suffering from. Yesterday i received a response to my new SR. Did u get the same response???? This is what their response says:

"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 2-3 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below"

They mentioned 2-3 months in the response. I found out in google that most people who got this same response says 6 months waiting not
2-3 months waiting. Does that mean I am getting close to the decision????

I got the same answer but they said 6 months. ALGORITHM: I just received a case status update regarding my 131. It was denied. I wonder why. Maybe cuz I did not go to my FP APpointment. I thought the Fp appintment of 485 was enough for both. Did u go to both appointments?

I got the same answer but they said 6 months. ALGORITHM: I just received a case status update regarding my 131. It was denied. I wonder why. Maybe cuz I did not go to my FP APpointment. I thought the Fp appintment of 485 was enough for both. Did u go to both appointments?

tony525i: Yes I went to both FP appointments (i485 and i131).

How long ago did you get that SR response? When did you file your I485?

Algorithm: I received an email from tsc about 2 weeks ago. Do you think because I missed the fp appointment for i131 I got denied? I thought i485 fp appointment covers both cases. I am waiting for the letter though to see the real reasons of the denial.

Algorithm: I received an email from tsc about 2 weeks ago. Do you think because I missed the fp appointment for i131 I got denied? I thought i485 fp appointment covers both cases. I am waiting for the letter though to see the real reasons of the denial.

tony525i: I want to know the reason too. Please update us when you get the letter. I think it is because you missed the FP appointment for i131. Dont worry i131 is not a big deal. i485 is a big deal

Actually there is no sepreate FP for I-131 but for me i have done only once FP but i got my I-131 approved long back i just finshed 4 month wating period on I-485 on August 18th should wait and see when will I-485 will get approved.

Well, my mom's I-485 got approved in 2 months without her FP, because her Fp were stored from her I-131 application (code 3). She went anyway to her I-485 FP appointment which was after she had gotten already her GC. I am a little paranoid now about my I-131 denial, because I thought when you apply together with your 485, one FP appointment is enough. That is why they wave the fee for I-131. So confused!

Just got a letter from NSC re I-131. It was denied because I missed my FP appointment. I thought the FP appointment of my I-485 was enough as both cases were filed at the same time. Anyway, I am just worried about my I-485 right now. I wonder how long more should I wait. It has been 7+ months already.

Just got a letter from NSC re I-131. It was denied because I missed my FP appointment. I thought the FP appointment of my I-485 was enough as both cases were filed at the same time. Anyway, I am just worried about my I-485 right now. I wonder how long more should I wait. It has been 7+ months already.

[/If it is been 7 months pending, your case is on hold due to the material support bar, some have been on hold over 6 years]

immigration officer told me that there is no hold on the case, but TSC currently is taking 1 year to process I-485 based on asylum.

[ They are customer service people, not immigration officers, they are a private company, they have none of your file or petition in front of them, they have little to less available information of your case, such as date of birth when you filed, Alien #, your address, etc...] Look into it, you are on hold, AOS for Asylee take 2, 3, the most 5 months, anything beyond that point; has likely been put on hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
approved

yesterday I received a text message to check the status of the case while i was at work. surprisingly it was approved. yayyyy it took 1 day shy from being 9 months since we filed. all the time it was on acceptance status. It jumped from acceptance to card production. so i guess it is taking some time for asylum based gc to be approved now a days. good luck to you all. bye

[ They are customer service people, not immigration officers, they are a private company, they have none of your file or petition in front of them, they have little to less available information of your case, such as date of birth when you filed, Alien #, your address, etc...] Look into it, you are on hold, AOS for Asylee take 2, 3, the most 5 months, anything beyond that point; has likely been put on hold.

I know that. That is why every time I call NCS I ask for my call to be escalated to an IO. And IO gives me specific info on my case. INFOPASS told me the same, that there is no hold. But currently it takes more time than it used to.