I-485 Tracker

Congrats cortadius:

I am still waiting. Infopass told me last week that my background check is pending. I hope it is not on hold

immigration officer told me that there is no hold on the case, but TSC currently is taking 1 year to process I-485 based on asylum.

Deep Trigger might be correct. If the case takes longer than the usual time then there is a high chance that the case is on hold.
My case might also be on hold. If it is not on hold, then it would have been already approved by now.

Deep Trigger might be correct. If the case takes longer than the usual time then there is a high chance that the case is on hold.
My case might also be on hold. If it is not on hold, then it would have been already approved by now.

Well according to a poster on this thread before, it takes 4-5 months for an asylee to adjust if not then the case is on on hold.' Going by this logic, all the cases at Texas Service center must be on hold because the processing times for an asylee at TSC is almost 8 months as of current processing times on uscis website. I think its just a normal delay due to backlogs in other applications at the processing center and not a Hold of any kind.

If it was on hold they would tell you its on hold. They would not be shy about it.

They usually tell you after 2 or 3 service requests. They don't tell you on the first or second service request response. Also, the people who respond to service request usually don't spend that much time digging into the case. They just send a standard response.

They used the one that is already in the system. It stays in the system for 15 months.
Does it mean that you don't have to mail a cheque for 85 dollars (the biometrics fee) along with an I-485 application if you had your biometrics taken within the last 15 months? Or is it better to enclose the cheque just to be on the safe side?

asilum,

I got the FP notice after 3 weeks from the date of the receipt. The GC aproval came exactly a month after I gave the biometrics. My case was in Nebraska service center.
Totally it took me 2 months and a week to get the GC approval. I guess it is blazing fast this time.

Wish you all a good luck!!
Wow, congrats! Did you enclose a medical exam form in your I-485 package? Or did they request it at a later time?

in average I always had had biometric appointment in a month from the day application been received.
Did you send them a cheque to cover the biometrics fee? I see that you had had your biometrics taken less than 15 months before you filed your I-485, when you filed an I-131.

I mailed my package on 08/29/11 with I-912 request. How long do you guys think it might take before I hear from them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well according to a poster on this thread before, it takes 4-5 months for an asylee to adjust if not then the case is on on hold.' Going by this logic, all the cases at Texas Service center must be on hold because the processing times for an asylee at TSC is almost 8 months as of current processing times on uscis website. I think its just a normal delay due to backlogs in other applications at the processing center and not a Hold of any kind.

USCIS usually process the asylum based I-485 within the processing time if and only if the FBI name check, IBIS name check, and fingerprint background check get cleared within a processing time. If the case takes longer than the processing time, then most likely the FBI name check is pending.

If the case is still outside the processing time and the FBI name check is cleared, then there might be a possibility that the case is on hold or under extended review.

USCIS usually process the asylum based I-485 within the processing time if and only if the FBI name check, IBIS name check, and fingerprint background check get cleared within a processing time. If the case takes longer than the processing time, then most likely the FBI name check is pending.

If the case is still outside the processing time and the FBI name check is cleared, then there might be a possibility that the case is on hold or under extended review.

Are these checks not performed before the asylum is granted? Do pending asylum applicants go through FBI name check or that happens when they apply for adjustment?

Are these checks not performed before the asylum is granted? Do pending asylum applicants go through FBI name check or that happens when they apply for adjustment?

I-589, I-485, and N-400 go through FBI name check.

I-589 can not be approved until FBI name check is cleared. The asylees will go through the FBI name check again when they apply for I-485.

The FBI name check result does not expire if it is used for the same application. For example, you apply for I-485 and the case gets on hold for years. When the hold is removed, the same name check result will be used.

It is valid for 15 months if it is used for other applications. For example, asylum based adjustment of status application might use the same name check result that was used for I-589 if it is not older than 15 months. It should not be older than 15 months at the time of adjudication

Keep in mind that FBI name check is different from IBIS name check. IBIS name check process doesn't take that long.

Melanie's meeting, any news please share.

i-589, i-485, and n-400 go through fbi name check.

I-589 can not be approved until fbi name check is cleared. The asylees will go through the fbi name check again when they apply for i-485.

The fbi name check result does not expire if it is used for the same application. For example, you apply for i-485 and the case gets on hold for years. When the hold is removed, the same name check result will be used.

It is valid for 15 months if it is used for other applications. For example, asylum based adjustment of status application might use the same name check result that was used for i-589 if it is not older than 15 months. It should not be older than 15 months at the time of adjudication

keep in mind that fbi name check is different from ibis name check. Ibis name check process doesn't take that long.

[melanie's meeting, any news please share.] I HAVE SOME LOG IN PROBLEM

Any information in regards to Melanie/material support stakeholder meeting

Please share, any information in regards to Melanie/material support stakeholder meeting, it was 9/13/11.
Please, Guys! share any update news.

Thanks.

any news Algorithm et all about i485 approvals?...Texas Service Center is processing Feb 1, 2011 now...pretty slow i say

Hey guys, hope everyone's keeping well. I've a couple of questions:

1) This morning i received the text from USCIS saying that reads "Your application was received" ... Receipt # XXXXXXX. Official receipt Notice will follow in mail". My application package comprised of I-912 waiver. Now, does this notification mean they've accepted my I-912 and the case is being forwarded for adjudication?

2) Fat_Face, could you provide me with the reference link to the page where you can find information on what month is the USCIS working on?

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help. Have a good weekend.

- Dev

any news Algorithm et all about i485 approvals?...Texas Service Center is processing Feb 1, 2011 now...pretty slow i say

I asked the senator to contact USCIS to get the exact reason why my case is stuck. This is the response that they gave to the senator

"The background investigation that USCIS is conducting on that application is still not complete. Until that investigation is complete, final action cannot be taken on that application.

We understand that your constituent may be frustrated with the progress of his application. However, in order to fulfill its mission to provide immigration benefits and services to the public, USCIS must balance its obligations to the individual applicant against its obligations to the public as a whole. Consequently, we have adopted background security check procedures that address a wide range of possible risk factors, requiring various levels of scrutiny based on the type of application under consideration
"

Does it mean that I will get stuck for years? I got stuck for long time during my asylum application. Will I get stuck again in this GC application?

I will start looking for a good lawyer to file a Write of Mandamus

I asked the senator to contact USCIS to get the exact reason why my case is stuck. This is the response that they gave to the senator

"The background investigation that USCIS is conducting on that application is still not complete. Until that investigation is complete, final action cannot be taken on that application.

We understand that your constituent may be frustrated with the progress of his application. However, in order to fulfill its mission to provide immigration benefits and services to the public, USCIS must balance its obligations to the individual applicant against its obligations to the public as a whole. Consequently, we have adopted background security check procedures that address a wide range of possible risk factors, requiring various levels of scrutiny based on the type of application under consideration
"

Does it mean that I will get stuck for years? I got stuck for long time during my asylum application. Will I get stuck again in this GC application?

I will start looking for a good lawyer to file a Write of Mandamus

I say its probably a generic message they email every senator or congressman when queried about a case, i would give it an year after filing i485 and then start to worry...when was ur filing date if u don't mind...

I say its probably a generic message they email every senator or congressman when queried about a case, i would give it an year after filing i485 and then start to worry...when was ur filing date if u don't mind...

The filing date is 1/14/2011 at NSC.

What is the difference between self-inquiry and senator-inquiry?

It seems to me that they send a generic messages to customers and senators

any news from those with pending i485...i see texas service center processing asylees within 4 months now. :)