I-485 Tracker

Al: Sorry that its taking quite a long time. I hope your application gets routed back to what it takes to be approved soon.

I have already started talking to lawyers and all of them said I should ask the district court for help if the application remains pending for over a year. I will have to wait for 3 more months before I file the case with the district court.

BigJoe5, thankful, or assylum, Do you have other suggestions on what I should do? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,
I finally received my GC in the mail today. Good luck to everyone

congrats man...enjoy your green life :)....by the way, how long was it and what service center? I hope they start to process our Applications soon.

AL: Congratulations! All the best ahead.

FatFace: You said you hope that they work for July 2011 soon, have they not started July 2011 yet? I thought they were already working for October 2011 as it shows in USCIS website>> timeline tracker. Where did you get that info?

Best,

Dev

congrats man...enjoy your green life :)....by the way, how long was it and what service center? I hope they start to process July 2011 Applications soon.

Thank you Fat_face. I hope u get approved soon. My application took one year at NSC and it got approved after my lawyer filed a mandamus at the district court. The assistant US attorney contacted my lawyer and he was nice and decided to process the application. The lawsuit cost me $3500.

Thank you Fat_face. I hope u get approved soon. My application took one year at NSC and it got approved after my lawyer filed a mandamus at the district court. The assistant US attorney contacted my lawyer and he was nice and decided to process the application. The lawsuit cost me $3500.

Did u file a Service request or a Congressional inquiry before going for Mandamus?

Did u file a Service request or a Congressional inquiry before going for Mandamus?

I filed service requests, congressional inquiry, senator inquiry, infopass, and ombudsman. None of them worked.
By the way, you have to wait for at least one year before you consider a mandamus.

green card back ground check

Some one told me if fbi background check process did not took long during asylum application, then it would not take long during green card application. any one have different experience?:confused:

OMG out of nowhere i finally received an email...and it reads

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

A little while back USCIS said the background check was still pending for like 6 months and they wouldn't let me file a Service Request until it cleared background, i was so depress and all. Thank God first and foremost and thanks to all of you guys Devastation, Algorithm, BigJoe and esp Assylum for your knowledge and help.

thanks Pipabest, 2nd Chance and Assylum...i hope all the others here who are waiting for their approvals get it soon. :)

I received biometrics notice today and intend to do a walk-in on Monday. Fingers crossed I won't have to wait too long for my GC.

New

Hello all,

I am on the way to filling my GC .....our asylum was approved in July 2011.....so are preparing documents.Any suggestions are welcome it will be learning experience.Thanks!!

Hello all,

I am on the way to filling my GC .....our asylum was approved in July 2011.....so are preparing documents.Any suggestions are welcome it will be learning experience.Thanks!!

Hey,

Do not wanna look rude but there is a lot of info on this website about I485 filing. You can try to search for the answers, can't you? Also read carefully the I485 instruction - EVERYTHING (and I mean it) you need to know is in there, trust me. + IMHO, if you were approved in July, 2011 it's kinda early for preparing, as you have 3 month ahead, huh. The only thing you should start gathering now is money.

Cheers!

HEY Nardoswiss,

Thanks for responding ,If i am on a forum people are going to say in my response and i am ok.I have a lawyer so am not worried on that .I was talking on the general learning experience Pits and peeps....anyways i guess i was not able to make my question clear.Thanks!!

Hey,

Do not wanna look rude but there is a lot of info on this website about I485 filing. You can try to search for the answers, can't you? Also read carefully the I485 instruction - EVERYTHING (and I mean it) you need to know is in there, trust me. + IMHO, if you were approved in July, 2011 it's kinda early for preparing, as you have 3 month ahead, huh. The only thing you should start gathering now is money.

Cheers!