I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

two FPs within a month? that seem to be too much unless the first one was not readable or other technical reasons.

My lawyer told me that normally a person doesn't have to re-do his/her medical exam for the interview. The reason it is written in the interview notice is because not everyone have done the medical exam when they file 485. eg: family related 485 filing.

I opt to re-do it because I was pregnant at the time of exam and certain tests were waived.

ffidx said:
two FPs within a month? that seem to be too much unless the first one was not readable or other technical reasons.

My lawyer told me that normally a person doesn't have to re-do his/her medical exam for the interview. The reason it is written in the interview notice is because not everyone have done the medical exam when they file 485. eg: family related 485 filing.

I opt to re-do it because I was pregnant at the time of exam and certain tests were waived.

Yeah I dunno what it is. Maybe it is my wife's fingers...
We were FPed twice in 2 months in 2003 when we were in VA.
Then she rec'd another FP notice but the date of the notice was older than the date we did her 2nd FP.
So we called the 800 who said not needed ( probably a mistake on my part then, though the online status changed to FP rec'd)
While my case has got approved, her's is still stuck.. I think must be because her FPs were not readable or lost.

When we went for status inquiry at Houston D.O. they issued a FP Notice for 13th.
I had her Manicured too.
Now we have this another FP notice from this far away location.

My case was transferred to Houston local office form TSC on Oct 10, 2004. I have not heard anything about interview. At the time case was transferred, FP notice was also rxed from TSC.

Do you all think its useful to make infopass appointment, and find the status of case. I am running out of patience.

Other details
EB2
485 filed 2/2002

My case got tranferred to Houston office on OCt. 04
Got FP# 2 last week .
Can any one tell how much more time for interview notice ?

Most of the cases i have read , they receive FP notice and interview date in the same packet !!!!!!!!!

Please advise .

Fellow suferers,
We had got the FP notice for Feb 9th at the Gulf fwy. The fp notice letter was dated as Jan 20th whereas We had just gone for FP along the 290 on 13th Jan.
So this past saturday, we drove to the location along Gulf fwy and after 1 hr
of wait, when it was my wife's turn, she mentioned to them it was her 4th FP
and the last one was on Jan 13th.
Their supervisor then checked and said the FP results of 13th were accepted .
Hou_inter, you could try the same with your FP notice too. when is your FP notice dated?
Other than that I am not sure what will be my next step.
I m thinking abt contacting the Congressmen Culberson.
Anyone tried his office ?

btw - I have updated helloGC2004's info.

wow 10 days and no post in this thread.
wish there was any news for anyone here.

in my wife's case, I had called the 800 number and got to talk with a live
person from TSC. but this time, I got a rude person who wouldn't let me even complete my sentence.
Then she told me since it is my wife's case and not mine, "ask your wife to call"
I guess it is useless calling TSC for us at this point.
Do you feel Infopass would help ?

Does anyone know how long is it taking for Houston district office to contact you once your case is transferred by service center to local office. After looking at the tracker, I don't think I can draw any conclusions. The only correlation is between the date the case was filed and the interview date.

Any update ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nobody got the interview letter ???

Please update .
I'm still waiting for last 5 months , and still nothing .
only FP done

hou_inter said:
Any update ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nobody got the interview letter ???

Please update .
I'm still waiting for last 5 months , and still nothing .
only FP done

Yeah this is frustrating. there is no moment in anyone's case and therefore
no one is posting messages here either.
We have not got the reply back for name check e-mail either ( sent on Jan 5th).
I think ffidx has interview sometime in March.
helloGC2004, any update in your case? did you take the Infopass and find anything. I think yours is the oldest case in terms of RD/ND.

an update..
I had to extend my EAD, and so mailed the application early Jan to houston office. This was returned alongwith a infopass note, meaning to apply in person? When I went there with the info pass appointment, the officer told me that she cannot accept the application in this office as my case- I485 was transfered to Atlanta(the only link I have with Atlanta is that attorney and the consulting company sponsorng i-485 are in Atl) for last 5yrs I am in Houston and have same address here... On top of it she added that Atl office returned the case to Texas Service Center. She said that Houston office does not do much in employment based cases and only very few get the interview..since there was nothing to have the interview for they returned it. And advised I apply the EAD online so that I can get the SRC# immediatley, and then houston office can consider issuing a temp one incase I do not get it within the time.
Nice story isn't it? it may not be a bad idea for all those who are patiently waiting to get an infopass appnt and check yr status. I have no clue what to do, need EAD and thats what I am waiting, to start over following for I485.

HelloGC2004, sorry to hear your story. Atlanta D.O. is probably worse so in some ways you might be better off if your case has been sent back to TSC. My suggestion to you is try that 800 number and use that trick to connect to a live TSC person. Tell him/her what you were told by the officer at Houston D.O.,
to make sure your case is back at TSC.
You could also point out the official processing date is also beyond your time, so they shd adjudicate your case.
by the way, who was the officer at Houston D.O.
on our 1st appt, we had a nice Hispanic lady ( I don't remember her name) and the 2nd appt, the guy was Guillermo Franco. He is medium sized Hispanic guy,
who seemed to me, was just waiting for me to say something wrong, so he could Yell at me.

Mine was also a EB case with my spouse waiting to be adjusted.

I have an interview in Apruil. Could sombody tell me what to expect? I have officer 17 assigned to my interview?? Thanks.

I filed I140/I485 jointly in Dec 2002 and my case was xferred to Houston for interview in Nov 2004.

birth cert.
copyof i485 app and receipt
affidavit of support i864
2 photos
medical exam i693
if you were arrested arrest records which i do not have to worry
conviction records no worries there
passport driver license
SS card
2001-2003 printout of federal income tax return
letter from employer verifying your rate of pay and average weekly hours
pay stubs for the past 2 months

i will have pre interview meeting with attorney then i will go on my own
anybody have experinece with officer 17??

to FFIDX

FFIDX, As per the tracker, your interview was in this month.
Best wishes for you for your interview.
Please let us in details how did go?

I have updated the file with my information. My case has already starting to build some strange history. My 485 & 140 were filed concurrently with TSC on October 12, 2004. On November 5, 2004, TSC transferred my case to Buffalo, NY in order to speed up processing. Remember, my work as well as my personal address is in Dallas, TX. I have another permenent address in Houston. I waited to hear from Buffalo office for 90 days and then went to see them using infopass appointment. Buffalo office informed me that the case was sent there by mistake, and will be transferred to Houston. Now case has been sitting in Houston since begining of February. Lets see what happens.

thanks

Goastros:

Thank you.
My interview is on the 14th, I met my lawyer last week to prepare for it. There was not anything new than what I already know. She assured me that my case is very straight forward, we just have to keep our finger crossed about my name check. Because I won't be approved without FBI name check result even the interview is done.

I will keep everybody posted.

FFIDX

Hello everyone,

On Feb 28, surprisingly I got the much awaited message of I485 approval.
So I am done, good wishes to all of you.

helloGC2004 said:
Hello everyone,

On Feb 28, surprisingly I got the much awaited message of I485 approval.
So I am done, good wishes to all of you.

congrats hellogc2004. yours is quite strange story.
I too hope my wife's case gets approved too.
Our lawyer quit the firm representing our case, so the para-legal at the firm, someother attorney will take over the case and said they
will be making an inquiry abt my wife's case next week.