I-485 Processing Time at Houston District

I 485 Transfered to Houston District on Feb 2005

I live in Greenville SC and my lawyer is from Houston,TX. I have filed my case in 245i (Labour Certification) I have got my EAD on Aug 2003 then I got married on Dec 2004 and applied for my wife as she was on Visit visa with 3 months entry. She got EAD card thru mine on early Jan 2005 and on 3 of Feb 2005 me and my wife's file been transfered from TSC to local office of houston District and also I got a letter for FP schedualed to charlotte,NC on End of feb 2005. I am still waiting for my interwie and my I140 is still in pending with TSC and says it will take 400-450 days :rolleyes: which I dont understand because I have filed on march 2003 and 450 days is been over last year. ANY RELATED CASE LIKE MINE please post their cases with mine.
I have two questions;

1- how long it will take for interewie after FP.
2- They did not send any letter for my wife's FP and transfer our i485 to houston District so they will send my wife's FP letter before they schedule the interwie?

Someone please clear this basic question ?

How do I know whether my case is transferred to Houston District office ? BTW, we did FP on April 12 at Houston NW ASC.

letsee said:
How do I know whether my case is transferred to Houston District office ? BTW, we did FP on April 12 at Houston NW ASC.

Your Online status first reflects that. If your case is xferred to local DO then the online status will say that. Also few days after that You & your attorney shd receive Transfer notice.

Hi everybody ,

Had my interview today and everything went well .
Got the stamp , no questions asked - just the regular one.
Wait time 30 mins in the waiting room , and 40 mins with the officer .
He was trying to organize the file while aksing the questions .

hope this helps .

Please ask if you need to know something specific .

Happy 4th of July . ( I will celebrate in june )

hou_inter said:
Hi everybody ,

Had my interview today and everything went well .
Got the stamp , no questions asked - just the regular one.
Wait time 30 mins in the waiting room , and 40 mins with the officer .
He was trying to organize the file while aksing the questions .

hope this helps .

Please ask if you need to know something specific .

Happy 4th of July . ( I will celebrate in june )

congrats hou_inter.
what kind of regular questions did they ask ?
did he ask you for the medical exam/ Affadavit of Support?
I met with my attorney on last friday.
My attorney's file on my wife contains our med exam from 02, Affadavit of support etc.
He said we won't need to bring anything more.. just papers to show that we
are still married & living together.
Reply.

I have filed my 485 in Nov 2003, got my finger prints done in Jun 2004, I got an RFE for my I-140 and got it approved in May 2005. Now the thing is my 485 got transferred to Houston office. I'm not sure what is happening with my case. Can anyone give me an idea abt how long it would take for 485 to get processed or the next sequence of notices that I'm going to get before the approval.

Please reply

Thanks

goastros said:
congrats hou_inter.
what kind of regular questions did they ask ?
did he ask you for the medical exam/ Affadavit of Support?
I met with my attorney on last friday.
My attorney's file on my wife contains our med exam from 02, Affadavit of support etc.
He said we won't need to bring anything more.. just papers to show that we
are still married & living together.
Reply.

Hou_inter, are you still visiting the forum.
pls don't forget to wish for us.
Kindly tell us more abt ur experience.

Regular ques. - Like Arrest or anything .
Nothing much .

Best of luck Goastros .
You will be fine , as your case is already approved .

ALmost there

Hey Guys,
My wife had her interview yesterday (06/14).
Reached 9.30 for the 10 am appt, and we went in at 10.30.

My attorney was with us and he had already told us no need for the medical if we had submitted one.
He had done a new affadavit of support and submitted to the officer.

The offeicer asked my wife to take oath, asked her abt any arrests, when did she last arrive in US etc.
The officer then asked my wife about our kid ( he was not with us as he is born here) and if " just in case, we had his Birth certificate".
I gave it to her and she put it in her file.

Then she asked me if I had got my card etc.
After that she said she will have to fax the request for her approval to the DC office in the afternoon and then they will send the approval by mail.
She said that is because her computer was down today.

We were out within 10 minutes.

My 1 suggestions to others is that the Interview location is kind of tricky, so I recommend everyone to drive there before your interview date. esp if you have the interview like in early morning 7-7.30.The interview location is not the same place as where you went for Infopass.
And for ppl waiting for the interviews & recently transferred, try to schedule Infopass every 1-2 months to make sure - if the D.O. has rec'd your papers,
if your namecheck has been completed or not etc. One day you may get a rude officer who won't tell you anything and you fell your visit was a waste
and then one day you might get lucky.
Of the 3 times, I went with Infopass for my wife's case, I got 1 rude officer whereas the other 2 times, I got nice officers.
Best Luck.

Hi all

I have an interview for 485 case at houston local office next month. My current wage is less than the prevailing wage, would this be a problem at interview? Do I need to hire an attorney for this kind of a case. Please reply.

Any recent interviews at the Houston Office

Guys and Gals

I have an interview scheduled for next week for an employment based adjustment of status (I485). Any recent experiences, ancedotes, advices will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

question

czlayoun,

Could you tell me when your file was transfered to the Houston office? How long did it take INS to schedule your appointment? My file was transferred over two months ago and I am still waiting to hear about the interview.

If your case is pretty straight forward, you don't need to worry about it. Otherwise, it is usually advisable to hire a lawyer to come with you.

thanks.