I-485 for Special Registration Countries?

gcdayday

Registered Users (C)
I am interested in hearing from anyone who is from the special registration countries. Is your I-485 approved or did you get a RFE after the special registration was announced?

I have a feeling that cases for people from these countries is still on hold!

RD: 10/19/01
ND: 11/17/01

No RFE no Approval yet!! :mad:

Here's something from www.immigration-law.com . I am not sure if they are extending this criteria to 485 cases too, though they too are change of status cases.

03/13/03: Call-In Special Registration and Change/Extension of Status

People from those countries who are subject to the call-in special registration keep getting RFE from the Service Centers asking to submit the proof of completion of special registration. Apparently the Service Centers are under the instruction not to adjudicate such alien's application for change of status or extension of status without such a proof. Unconfirmed sources indicate that such RFE are being issued to those nationals who belong to Group III and Group IV and whose call-in special registration will not expire until certain future date.

This confirms our previous suggestion that those who need application for change or extension of status may complete the call-in special registration early on in order not to experience delays in the change/extension of status proceedings. Reportely, some people filed Premium Processing with the expection that the case would be adjudicated in 15 days but are currently experiencing such RFE, and pending such RFE response, his/her nonimmigrant status or work permit expires. Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.

I am in the same boat

I have a I-485 for Special Registration Countries
I think it is pending:

RD 10/01/01
ND 10/30/01
REF 01/03/03
REF RD by BCIS 01/28/03
Assigned to Officer 02/11/03
AD waiting....

Anyone have any Idea how long it will take for I-485 for Special Registration Countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a citizen of Bangladesh which is also subject to NSEER. Here are my details:

RD: 12/18/01
ND: 12/26/01
FP: 4/18/02
Still waiting for Approval

Special Registration Completed on 3/6/03

Please post details if you are from a country also subject to Special Registration. I too am interested in knowing if any of these cases are being approved.

regards,
sadiq

I am a national of the spec_reg countries as well.
However, I was not subject to spec_reg since I
had used Advaned Parole to enter the US.

Here are my details:
RD: 11/14/01
ND: 11/30/01
FP: 04/23/02
Renewed EAD in Sept. 02 and
AP in Jan. 03.

No RFE or Approval yet.

Profiling

I think it is a great idea to keep track of I-485 approvals from special regst. countries. I too think that we will experience significant racial profiling.
au1 what was your RFE for ?

I'm from Bangladesh which was included in group IV for special registration. Last date for registration: 04/25/03.
Here is my details:
RD: 09/04/01
ND: 10/01/01
FP: 08/29/02
RFE: 01/09/03 for Employment and BC
RFE Replied received by INS:02/05/03 (Updated online 02/10/03)

Not hopeful :( . I think INS will wait until 04/26/03 to force us register whether it makes sense or not.
I am planning to go for registration in the middle of April.

Please post if anyone has registration experience at Cincinnati, Ohio.

Good Luck Everyone!

Ref

tan67,
My ref was for updated employment letter and Birth affidavits.

I did the registration on 01/31/03

Waiting for AD...

I have the same case

I am from one of the countries that were subjected to Special Registration.

RD: 10/18/01
ND: 11/20/01
FP: 04/30/02
RFE: 02/28/03
RFE RD by BCIS: 03/11/03 (Employment Letter and proof of Status)

Special Registration completion date: 02/03

Waiting for the lady luck to smile upon me !!

I AM A SILENT READER OF THIS FORUM. PER MY ATTORNEY IT SEEMS TO BE CORRECT THAT THOSE COUNTRIES WHO ARE SUBJECT TO SPECIAL REGISTERATION WILL NOT SEE ANY APPROVAL UNTIL THEY RECEIVE ANOTHER RFE OF THEIR SPECIAL REGISTERATION

BEST OF LUCK AND AND HANG AROUND.:mad:

Keep Track

All of us who are subject to sp registration should keep track of any approvals as we are certain to experience delays (hopefully not indefinately).It would be a big boost to hear of any approvals.
au1 thanks for the info.

My details:
RD: 08/20/2001
RFE: 11/04/2002
RFE Rcvd: 12/09/2002

Still waiting...from the special registration country

Now..I had used my advance parole in dec 2002, so I did not have to appear from special registration...

What evidence should I submit in case there is an RFE for special registration...isnt this all friggin nonsense

hello special members,

proof of special registeration would be the FIN NO. which is noted by INS on your 1-94 or passport.

in case if you don't have to go for special registeration bcz of Advance Parol, than in that case you need to prove why you didn't go for sp. registeration.

i am just assuming that thats what they will ask in case of rfe for sp. registeration. your attorney will give you best of his judgement.

not to worry everybody will some results:)

Delayed approvals for SP registrants

Hi
I am from a Special Registrant country as well did registration on Feb 12th..

RD: 09/15/01
ND:10/18/01
RFE: 12/19/02 for Employment
RFE rcvd by INS (as per status online) 01/10/03

Approval awaited .... man its full 12 weeks since they rcvd the RFE response..... god knows how long will it take ... :confused:

no special updates, but here's an observation: the RD for my EAD renewal application is 1/23/03. in another thread, i have seen EAD renewal apps of around the same RD or even later approved, whereas mine is still pending. i have come around to thinking that i might possibly get an RFE for my FIN # from the special reg. i had not gone for my SR until after i had sent in my EAD renewal app.

this would be in keeping with the earlier observations that i485 applicants from SR countries are getting RFE'd for proofs of SR.

i will post any new developments on my EAD and 485 as and when they happen. let's all do the same.

good luck!

Hi
I am from a Special Registrant country as well did registration on March 6th.

RD: 11/06/2001
ND:11/27/2001
FP :02/21/2001
RFE: 03/10/2003 for Employment , BC
RFE rcvd by INS (as per status online) 03/20/2003

I called BCIS today (03/26/2003) and the IIO mentioned that my case is assigned to an officer.

Hi
Make a mistake about the FP date.

I am from a Special Registrant country as well did registration on March 6th.

RD: 11/06/2001
ND:11/27/2001
FP :02/21/2002
RFE: 03/10/2003 for Employment , BC
RFE rcvd by INS (as per status online) 03/20/2003

I called BCIS today (03/26/2003) and the IIO mentioned that my case is assigned to an officer.

EAD Renewal

My EAD renewal RD is 01/21/03
Still no news. Probably will get RFE for SR.
As per the BCIS they are currently working on EAD RDs 01/23/03:)