I-140 Processing Time in Nebraska

Lucky

Aurora73 said:
EB3 Non premium NSC
RD: 8/1/06
AD: 12/14/06 :D

My lawyer is unwilling to upgrade my I-140 application to premium due to fear of inquiry. Does anybody know why receiving an RFE (inquiry) can be risky/bad/troublesome?

From Aurora's story, it appears that USCIS adjudicates cases randomly. I know quite a few cases where people are waiting since May 06 for I-140 approval under non premium processing.
Aurora, if you can throw some light on what you did to manage a faster approval, will be greatful.

Thanks.

For I-140 premium processing How do we receive receipt number from USCIS, is that via email or fax or post? and how long it takes after receiving the petition at USCIS?

New to the site

Hi ,

My labor got approved on Feb-07 and applied for my I - 140 in April 07.
It is not Concurrent processing.

my receipt number starts with SRC-07-800-10XXX and Section is saying
Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg. or Of Exceptn'l Ability Sec 203(b)(2).

so can any body please let me know what category i am in and what is the general time for i140 processing.

thanks in advnace

Hi ,

My labor got approved on Feb-07 and applied for my I - 140 in April 07.
It is not Concurrent processing.

my receipt number starts with SRC-07-800-10XXX and Section is saying
Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg. or Of Exceptn'l Ability Sec 203(b)(2).

so can any body please let me know what category i am in and what is the general time for i140 processing.

thanks in advnace

Apart from WittyPurple's answer I would like to add that - according to the Trackitt forum, cases filed in as late as February 2007 are being processed.

I-140 and I-485

I have filed my I-140 to NSC on October 2006 and it is not approved yet!
Does anyone know what is the relation between I-140 and I-485 in terms of processing? Does the priority date on the I-485 re-adjust to the date that I-140 is approved?
I have also been looking at the processing time and it looks like NSC has been significantly slowing down in the processing of I-140s, any insight on this matter is appreciated.

Iam also in same boat, my I140 filing is Oct 2006, not even LUD change after that...are they doing in purpose to expect 1000$ for premium...
any insight appreciated.

I have filed my I-140 to NSC on October 2006 and it is not approved yet!
Does anyone know what is the relation between I-140 and I-485 in terms of processing? Does the priority date on the I-485 re-adjust to the date that I-140 is approved?
I have also been looking at the processing time and it looks like NSC has been significantly slowing down in the processing of I-140s, any insight on this matter is appreciated.

I don't think the PD is readjusted ... however on the 'NSC Consolidated Tracker' thread someone posted quicker I-485 approvals based on the corresponding I-140 approval. Bottom-line is, if I-1485 processing is complete, it will be approved subject to I-140 approval.
This is my conclusion based on the postings in this forum ... others, please feel free to add here.

Iam also in same boat, my I140 filing is Oct 2006, not even LUD change after that...are they doing in purpose to expect 1000$ for premium...
any insight appreciated.

It may be true but I know many of my friends that have applied after me and got theirs approved within a month or so and they did not request premium processing. It may be that they process at random and some people are luckier than others!

I-907 for I-140

Does anyone know if a person can file the I-907 (premium processing) for I-140 application himself bypassing the lawyer? I have applied more than 8 months ago for my I-140 and it has not been approved and am thinking of applying for premium processing directly. Any info about this is strongly appreciated.
Thanks.

Does anyone know if a person can file the I-907 (premium processing) for I-140 application himself bypassing the lawyer? I have applied more than 8 months ago for my I-140 and it has not been approved and am thinking of applying for premium processing directly. Any info about this is strongly appreciated.
Thanks.

I submitted 140/485 on my own and pending since I did regular processing. However, I consulted a paralegal friend to do this. In your case, you may be able to just upgrade to premium your pending case.

Has anybody received 'ability-to-pay' RFEs and need for Audited statements. What is a reasonable cost for Auditing? Thanks

Thanks.

Your employer can apply the I907... u do not need a lawyer...

I-140 Approved

I just wanted to let you guys know that I applied for the I-907 (premium processing) for my I-140 that was filed in October 2006. They received the application on May 29 and approved my I-140 on May 30! So it took them only 1 day to approve it with premium processing while they did not process the regular application fo more than 7 months.
I think it is a good investment to apply for premium processing.

MahSam

I just wanted to let you guys know that I applied for the I-907 (premium processing) for my I-140 that was filed in October 2006. They received the application on May 29 and approved my I-140 on May 30! So it took them only 1 day to approve it with premium processing while they did not process the regular application fo more than 7 months.

MahSam
MahSam,
Congratulations on your I140 approval.
Can you tell whether you filed on your own or did you go thru your employer and lawyer...

Thanks

I140 upgrade to Premium

MahSam,

Congrats! As per my attorney, my I140 Premium processing was submitted on May 21, but as of now, I do not see any update on my case. When did u send the request, when did NSC, change status of your application? I appreciate your response.

Thanks
I-140 RD Nov 8, 2006

MahSam

Do you guys usually give it a few months before applying for PP or should one just go ahead and try PP right away?

I-140 Approval

MahSam,
Congratulations on your I140 approval.
Can you tell whether you filed on your own or did you go thru your employer and lawyer...

Thanks

I did not file myself. The lawyer filed on behalf of the company. NSC received the application May 29th and approved it on May 30th!

MahSam