I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
Hi puruwa

pururwa said:
Did anybody else recive any RFE recently? any speculation what it could be? how long will it take to reach the lawyers? any help would be appreciated.

Can you please share your information below:

LC State:
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3):
LC PD:
I-140 FD:
I-140 RD:
I-140 LUD:
I-140 Receipt# : Just give first 8 characters (like LIN-06-137-xxxxx)
I-140 AD (If any):

Thanks

Pl. update my info in tracker

the .xls does not have latest info on my case. Please update the tracker as per the info in signature.

here u go

gc212 said:
Can you please share your information below:

LC State:
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3):
LC PD:
I-140 FD:
I-140 RD:
I-140 LUD:
I-140 Receipt# : Just give first 8 characters (like LIN-06-137-xxxxx)
I-140 AD (If any):

Thanks
LC State: CA
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB2
LC PD: Nov 05
I-140 FD: Apr 5, 06
I-140 RD: Apr 6, 06
I-140 LUD: Aug 8, 06
I-140 Receipt# : Just give first 8 characters (like LIN-06-137-xxxxx) LIN-06-136-XXXXX
I-140 AD (If any): RFE issued on Aug 7.

Is it possible to get the RFE details by calling USCIS?

Please let me know.
What number to call at? Mine is being processed at Nebraska.

LC State: CA
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB2
LC PD: Nov 05
I-140 FD: Apr 5, 06
I-140 RD: Apr 6, 06
I-140 LUD: Aug 8, 06
I-140 Receipt# : Just give first 8 characters (like LIN-06-137-xxxxx) LIN-06-136-XXXXX
I-140 AD (If any): RFE issued on Aug 7.

Puruwa,

Yes my first LUD was 07/22 then 08/02 and then 08/07 but no status change yet. Will update As soon as I get anything.

pururwa, did u have LUD on 7/22. i think you seem to be the only person who applied in April and did not LUD either on 7/22 or 7/29??

yes, the LUD changed on 07/22

go0dfella said:
pururwa, did u have LUD on 7/22. i think you seem to be the only person who applied in April and did not LUD either on 7/22 or 7/29??

below is the status shown for my I140 on the USCIS website.

I understand that there are different kinds of msgs USCIS puts on different RFEs. How does this msg looks like. Anything serious ?

we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, I have an MS from US in comp science

permhelp2006 said:
pururwa, sorry for the RFE, what is your education background? is it three years bachelor degree?
My only worry is that the labor requires BS+5 or MS+3. I have worked full time only for 1.5 years after my MS and before joining the current employer. However I worked at my university and at another company part time for about 4 years (I guess it will be equal to 2 yrs full time), so that gives me 3.5 yrs; But the part time exp was before I completed my Masters. Do you think that would be a problem ? pls help.
I haven't yet received the RFE, I will post the details as soon as I receive it.
Thanks

RFE, gurus pls help, RICHDREAMS, do you have any say?

I received an RFE email from CIS, haven't got the actual notice yet so don't know what its all about. Sorry for panicking this early but I have serious doubts about my attorneys handling this case well, thats why want some good advice from you guys in advance.

My worries are:
1.) The labor required BS+5 or MS+3. I have worked full time only for 1.5 years after my MS and before joining the current employer. However I worked at my university and at another company part time total for about 4 years (I guess it will be equal to 2 yrs full time), so that gives me 3.5 yrs; But the part time exp was before I completed my Masters. Do you think that would be a problem ? Does the exp have to be after completing masters?
(FYI, The labor was filed under PERM for me as a beneficiary, got approved in Feb 06.)

2.) Also, I was unemployed for two months back in 2001, but I was on proper H1 status and my H1 got transferred easily to the new company without any RFEs at that time, could that cause any issues?

3.) The exp letter provided by one of my previous employers (a very big company in the US) didn't list my job duties. Their HR said they didn't provide job details on the exp letter, thats their usual practice. So, my attorneys suggested that I would get a letter from one of my former colleagues/mentors from that company. I got that letter from my previous colleague on plain paper and submitted it along with the company letter. Do you see any problems there ?

I would really appreciate any help from you guys.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
To Puruwa

Hi Puruwa,
I guess the experience should count irrespective of whether you have worked before or after the master's. And as far as I know issue #2 shouldn't matter. And finally regarding getting a letter from colleague, that is acceptable provided it is notarized, this I know for sure

Thanks,
GMR

pururwa said:
I received an RFE email from CIS, haven't got the actual notice yet so don't know what its all about. Sorry for panicking this early but I have serious doubts about my attorneys handling this case well, thats why want some good advice from you guys in advance.

My worries are:
1.) The labor required BS+5 or MS+3. I have worked full time only for 1.5 years after my MS and before joining the current employer. However I worked at my university and at another company part time total for about 4 years (I guess it will be equal to 2 yrs full time), so that gives me 3.5 yrs; But the part time exp was before I completed my Masters. Do you think that would be a problem ? Does the exp have to be after completing masters?
(FYI, The labor was filed under PERM for me as a beneficiary, got approved in Feb 06.)

2.) Also, I was unemployed for two months back in 2001, but I was on proper H1 status and my H1 got transferred easily to the new company without any RFEs at that time, could that cause any issues?

3.) The exp letter provided by one of my previous employers (a very big company in the US) didn't list my job duties. Their HR said they didn't provide job details on the exp letter, thats their usual practice. So, my attorneys suggested that I would get a letter from one of my former colleagues/mentors from that company. I got that letter from my previous colleague on plain paper and submitted it along with the company letter. Do you see any problems there ?

I would really appreciate any help from you guys.
Thanks

Puruwa,

Sympathy for RFE. About your experience letter on plain paper. Here is what my attorney suggested to do. Get affidavit in following format

Affidavit of (Name of your colleague)

I declare under penalty of perjury that the following is true and correct:

1. I, (Name), was employed full-time by (Company) in City, IL from Month/Day/Year to Month/Day/Year as a Signer’s Job Title at Previous Company.

2. During that time, I supervised (Your Name) in my capacity as Signer’s Job Title at Previous Company.

3. I am no longer employed with (Name of Company). I am now employed by Name of Current Employer in City, State, Country as a Current Job Title.

4. As I am no longer employed by (Name of Company), I do not have access to (Name of Company)’s letterhead, nor would it be appropriate for me to write a letter on (Name of Company)’s letterhead.

5. The attached letter provided on my personal letterhead for (Your Name) accurately reflects the experience he gained while employed with (Name of Company).

Signed in [City,IL] on ____________________
DATE

Thanks Bhartiya

bhartiya30 said:
Puruwa,

Sympathy for RFE. About your experience letter on plain paper. Here is what my attorney suggested to do. Get affidavit in following format

Affidavit of (Name of your colleague)

I declare under penalty of perjury that the following is true and correct:

1. I, (Name), was employed full-time by (Company) in City, IL from Month/Day/Year to Month/Day/Year as a Signer’s Job Title at Previous Company.

2. During that time, I supervised (Your Name) in my capacity as Signer’s Job Title at Previous Company.

3. I am no longer employed with (Name of Company). I am now employed by Name of Current Employer in City, State, Country as a Current Job Title.

4. As I am no longer employed by (Name of Company), I do not have access to (Name of Company)’s letterhead, nor would it be appropriate for me to write a letter on (Name of Company)’s letterhead.

5. The attached letter provided on my personal letterhead for (Your Name) accurately reflects the experience he gained while employed with (Name of Company).

Signed in [City,IL] on ____________________
DATE

That colleague of mine left that company within 2 months of me joining that company, however I continued working there for about an year, so would it be ok if he gives me the letter since he worked with me only for two months?

You don't need to worry about being out of status. First this is not checked at I-140 stage. So at this point this is out of equation. It will be checked only at I-485 stage and there also since you maintained H1 status it will be fine.

pururwa said:
anybody else has any advice?

Untill you get RFE in mail don't start contacting him yet. First see what it says in RFE. Affidavits are basically personal choice. My experience is that sometimes they get scared with all that perjury and other legal language(even though it is on plain paper). If he is okay with that, I don't think him working only couple of months with you is big deal because affidavit doesn't say that.

I-140 Approved

Finally after a lot of frustration......good news!!! When I was expecting it least.

LC PD(EB2) : Jun-05
LC AD- Nov-05
I-140 FD: 06-Jan-06
I-140 RFE: 27-Feb-06
I-140 RFE responded : 22-may-2006
I-140 AD: 8-Aug-2006.

Thanks guys. You folks have been marvellous people. See you soon in 485 forum.