I 140: NSC Consolidated XL Tracker

This Poll is to determine which cenetr is processing your I 140 to update the tracker

• Total voters
You have to file at NSC. You could get some success trying to file on a specific day, so that the case gets forwarded to TSC. Read at immigration-law.com:

06/30/2006: Distribution of I-140 or I-485 Filings Between NSC and TSC

The newly released Bi-Specialization Procedural Change announcement indicates that the work loads are split between the two Service Centers either on the alternate date basis or each daily basis depending on the volume of petitions/applications the Nebraska Service Center receives on a specific date.

From April 1, 2006 until the last few days, the I-140/I-485 incoming cases had been split between the NSC and TSC by alternating each day. This practice has created so-called NSC-Day and TSC-Day and some practitioners carefully selected the filing date such that their cases went to one of these Service Centers. This practice was confirmed by the Director of Service Centers Operations at the USCIS HQ at the San Antonio AILA National Conference. However, in the NSC-NAFSA Q&A minutes, the new Acting Director of the NSC disclosed for the first time that one-half of the incoming cases were shipped to the TSC everyday. This information certainly conflicts with the statement of the Director of Service Centers Operations at the HQ. People will soon find out which source of information is correct.

rollingstone said:
Folks,

I am new to this forum, so apologize if my question sounds stupid.
I would like to know how the decision is made where to file I-140 - does the center get assigned by USCIS or can you choose where to file?

Thanks in advance.

TSC or NSC

igor_ch said:
You have to file at NSC. You could get some success trying to file on a specific day, so that the case gets forwarded to TSC. Read at immigration-law.com:

06/30/2006: Distribution of I-140 or I-485 Filings Between NSC and TSC

The newly released Bi-Specialization Procedural Change announcement indicates that the work loads are split between the two Service Centers either on the alternate date basis or each daily basis depending on the volume of petitions/applications the Nebraska Service Center receives on a specific date.

From April 1, 2006 until the last few days, the I-140/I-485 incoming cases had been split between the NSC and TSC by alternating each day. This practice has created so-called NSC-Day and TSC-Day and some practitioners carefully selected the filing date such that their cases went to one of these Service Centers. This practice was confirmed by the Director of Service Centers Operations at the USCIS HQ at the San Antonio AILA National Conference. However, in the NSC-NAFSA Q&A minutes, the new Acting Director of the NSC disclosed for the first time that one-half of the incoming cases were shipped to the TSC everyday. This information certainly conflicts with the statement of the Director of Service Centers Operations at the HQ. People will soon find out which source of information is correct.

so, do you know which day is TSC and which is NSC? I submitted my I140 and I485 back in June 21 but still yet getting the receipt. I would like to know which service center had gotten my case. They said it will take up to 3.5 weeks if TSC is processing the case.

Thanks!

getinfo

I-140 Pending and 6th Year on H1 Expiring Sep 2006

Same here. My I-140 is Pending and 6th Year on H1 Expiring Sep 2006.
I was hoping to get my 1-140 approval before end of June but that did not happen so went ahead and filed for my 7th year extension on H1. The approvals from Nebraska filing seem to have stopped suddenly. And they seem to be working on transfer cases now. God knows when our approvals will come.
Good Luck with your case.

Genius said:
Prayam,
I am in the same boat. My H1 6 years end on Sept11, 2006. I need to get some decisipnon on my pending 140 by end Aug. I was going through the USCIS site : http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm
It seems that we can write to customer feedback , the only thing is we have to rely on snail mail since there is no email id to send the letter to. There is also a mention of 'Requesting Expedited Handling', but our cases may/may not fit the criterion, so not an option.
But we can definitely write to them about unfair treatment (I mean timeline wise) for the applications processed at NSC, explain the situation like some cases filed in June got the decision at TSC. Many people who applied after me got their approvals. We are patiently waiting and do not see any movement at NSC.

At the least if we know when the premium process starts we may get some relief.

Somebody coming forward to draft a letter on similar lines? I am not very good at it.

mailsunnydeol said:
Same here. My I-140 is Pending and 6th Year on H1 Expiring Sep 2006.
I was hoping to get my 1-140 approval before end of June but that did not happen so went ahead and filed for my 7th year extension on H1. The approvals from Nebraska filing seem to have stopped suddenly. And they seem to be working on transfer cases now. God knows when our approvals will come.
Good Luck with your case.

They even do not work on the transfered cases, nobody knows what they are doing.

Is any one called USCIS to check the status? What is the answer USCIS Rep? Pl let me know.

I called them they did not update automated message. It still says 150 -180 days. But they have removed that status message when you search online.
--P

Email Response from TSC Premium Processing Center about I-140 Premium Processing :

----------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxx, the I-140 are not yet premium. Maybe a week or so and they will be. Keep an eye on the USCIS web site for further information.

Bill

Sent: Thu 7/6/2006 1:23 PM
To: TSC-Premium.Processing@dhs.gov
Subject: Is Premium Processing available I-140 ?

Sir/Madam,

Is it possible to convert pending I-140 at TSC application to Premium processing ? If not available can you please advice when it will be available?

Thanks
xxxxx

Good to know that...

Good to know taht this is in line with the information we already have. My guess is latest by July end premium will start.
Thanks fo posting this info.

INGC said:
Email Response from TSC Premium Processing Center about I-140 Premium Processing :

xxxxx, the I-140 are not yet premium. Maybe a week or so and they will be. Keep an eye on the USCIS web site for further information.

Bill

Sir/Madam,

Is it possible to convert pending I-140 at TSC application to Premium processing ? If not available can you please advice when it will be available?

Thanks
xxxxx

Where did you got the email TSC-Premium.Processing@dhs.gov from? Is there is similar email address for NSC
INGC said:

Bill

Sir/Madam,

Thanks
xxxxx

Approvals of transfered cases from VSC

Actually there are some positive signs regarding processing time of NSC.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1465039&postcount=199
RD: 02/06/06 AD: 06/26/06
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1464594&postcount=194
RD: 02/17/06 AD: 07/05/06
Based on the abovementioned approvals of transfered cases from VSC, one can say that NSC is processing EB3 cases with RD some time at the mid February. However USCIS official table says 01/16/06

140 Approved for my friend applied on may 30th.

One of my friend got approved in Texas service center who applied after me. He applied his I140 on May 30th and got it approved last week. His priority date is April 2006. Hope Nebraska will soon process mine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

All,
My friend applied I 140 in the 3nd week of MArch (NSC,EB2) and got approved in on 3rd week of May, roughly 60 days... so if you guys are lucky anything is possible.

bluez25 said:
One of my friend got approved in Texas service center who applied after me. He applied his I140 on May 30th and got it approved last week. His priority date is April 2006. Hope Nebraska will soon process mine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

kiku1975 said:
All,
My friend applied I 140 in the 3nd week of MArch (NSC,EB2) and got approved in on 3rd week of May, roughly 60 days... so if you guys are lucky anything is possible.

Good for your friend

What if we are not so lucky ? ..... Wait couple of more years ?

Because my country is not retrogressed for EB2.

status2005 said:
I am curious, how can you file your 485 when your labour PD is 31-JAN-2006?

maybe i am wrong, let me know what i am missing here

Tracker Update

Tracker Update: July 11, 2006

Please share following details of your LC and I-140 details for Tracker update.
All information is mandatory and please do not give your info until you get your I-140 RD (Received Date) or ND (Notice Date) and Receipt# from Nebraska or Texas Center. Without these information I cannot enter your details in the Tracker.
LC State:
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3):
LC PD:
I-140 FD:
I-140 RD:
I-140 LUD:
I-140 Receipt# : Just give first 8 characters (like LIN-06-137-xxxxx)
I-140 AD (If any):
Concurrent filing (Yes/No):

Thanks

Bad News

I sent an email to NSC premium processing center to query abt the timeline of I-140 premium and received the following response.

Surprisingly one of our buddy in this forum who sent similar question to TSC got different reply.

What's going on with this premium processing?

BTW if anybody wants to reconfirm the email id is:
NSC-Premium.Processing@dhs.gov --> for NSC
TSC-Premium.Processing@dhs.gov --> for TSC

------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxx,
The start date for premium processing I-140's has been postponed indefinitely.

Carrie EX029

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 4:10 PM
To: NSC-Premium.Processing@dhs.gov
Subject: I-140 Premium

Dear Sir/Madam,

Is it possible to convert pending I-140 application at NSC to Premium processing? If not available can you please advice when it will be available?

Thanks,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Add to tracker

LC State: CA
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB2
LC PD: 3/15/2006, Rest of The World
I-140 FD: 5/18/2006
I-140 RD: 5/24/2006
I-140 LUD: 5/25/2006
I-140 Receipt# : LIN-06-173-XXXXX
I-140 AD (If any): Not Yet Approved
Concurrent filing (Yes/No): Yes

Update on I-140

The LUD on my case changed last 2 days on 7/10 and again today on 7/11. Is this good sign???

LC State: NJ (Using pre-approved labor)
LC Category (EB1/EB2/EB3): EB3
LC PD: March 21, 2001
I-140 FD: 05/23/2006
I-140 RD: 06/29/2006
I-140 LUD: 06/29/2006
I-140 Receipt# : LIN-06-202xxxxx
I-140 AD (If any): Waiting
Concurrent filing (Yes/No): No