I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

disney2K

Hi
Yes the 7th yr extension is possible. Do a concurrent filing... Your 140 might get approved in less than a month if you are lucky. Also there is a good chance to get EAD and AP before 6 months.

-Dumeel

T3K about CP

Hi T3K,
I was able to talk with my attorney again. They are suggesting almost everyone ( except from china,middle east, pakistan ) to do CP. This is much better. So, I am also planning to do the same.
Also in I-140, you can mention CP, and can easily change back to 485. but the reverse change is not as easy. either you need AC140 or apply i-824, which takes another year.
How long does I-140 takes now-a-days.
I looked at CSC processing times report of 7/15/2003, It says they are processing cases received on 7/10/2003 for I140D. Is it true? only 5 days?? I can't believe it after waiting 2 yrs in LC.

What did u decide on CP/485?

Desi

LC original

Hi T3K, Dumeel & others,

How long does it took (for the lawyer) to receive the original labor certificate from DOL?

Thanks.

how long it takes to receive official LC???

Hey disney2k it's my question too.

I heard from AVM that my LC was certified last week but the lawyer didn't receive anything yet.

I know some ppl here just have the LC cleared. Please do let us know how long it will take to receive the official LC from DOL after hearing the status from AVM?

How long to get ...

I don't know exactly, but I think it took a week. Also, it may happen that DOL's AVM says certified when the status is actually Remand to State.

desi145,
We are still going for AOS as I need the EAD for my wife. Thanks for the info though.

My attorneys, Fragomen, suck, they still aven't filled the I-140, and didn't want to do concurrent filing.
After stressing with DOL, I have to fight with the attorneys, this is frustrating...

t3k

hi needluck,disney...
my case was approved on 23rd, received letter on 28th and AVM on 30th was still saying received status message. So, don't rely totally on AVM. I think after approval, employer/attorney should receive the notice within 1-2 weeks.

T3K--> about the timing of 140? Is it true that CSC works on the case within 5 days.
I looked at CSC processing times report of 7/15/2003, It says they are processing cases received on 7/10/2003 for I140D. Is it true? only 5 days??

Anybody got 140 approved lately, can shed some light on the timeline.

Thanks,
DESI145

Hi desi145,

How long does CP take? Using this option, say the green card is not approved at Mumbai, can we reenter US using H1 / H4 visas and then try again for AOS? In CP, my spouse can't apply for EAD, right?
I am not a pessimist, just want to get my facts clear after waiting for 2 years to get my labor approved.

This is a great forum, best of luck to all.
Thanks,
Bhat

Hi Bhatmv,

CP will take around 8 months after 140 approval.

YES, you can't apply for EAD in CP.

NO, you can't come back if CP is rejected for some reason. Usually this doesn't happen.

Thanks,
DESI145

Thanks a lot, desi145.
How long do we have to remain in India if we decide to go in for CP?
Thanks again & good luck to all,
Bhat

Hi comerhop
Contratulations!. And thanks very much for the update

Could you please post any other related information that you might think like Whether concurrent filled with I485/any RFE etc.

Thanks very much for your time

CSC undate: delays on I-140s

CSC Update on I-360 & I-485 Adjudication; delays on I-140s

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03080715 (Aug. 7, 2003) ."

On July 18, 2003 the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services announced the sunset deadline and expeditious handling requirements for Special Immigrant Religious Worker Petitions.

In keeping with this memorandum, the California Service Center will be temporarily directing resources away from the I-140 petitions to adjudicate all pending I-360, I-485 Adjustment cases with previously approved I-360 petitions and I-824 applications.

Until the date of the sunset passes, September 30, 2003, there will be delays in responding to inquiries for forms I-140, concurrently filed I-140/I-485's and for I-485 cases with previously approved I-140's, because we will be prioritizing the application types associated with the sunset. We ask that, during this sunset period, you withhold inquiries for other division I form types, except in emergency situations, and that you do not submit duplicate inquiries. Following the sunset date, we will resume normal adjudication and inquiry processing. Thank you for your cooperation and patience. ¡§

140/485 Concurrent for future employment

Hi

Any body with 140/485 concurrent applied for future employment.

Any comments on how this kind of cases being processed and how much time its taking?

my case

RD -> August 1st 2003
ND -> August 4th 2003
EB2
MS or BS with exp.
Direct LC.
LC from North Corilina
Residence, San Jose-CA

bhatmv

Hi Bhatmv,
I read other posts on previous CP experiences. It looks like one week is more than enough time for getting medical/interview..everything done.

Hi T3K,Dhumeel...
How long does it take to get the receipt/case number?

Any recent approvals ?

My I-140D

Hi,
My I140D at CSC RD and ND is 05/05/2003. Havent heard anything form them till today. My company prohibits giving the Case Number so I cant even find out anything. Lawyer says that they are trying to find out from BCIS but no reply yet. what should I do?
Mine is also EB2 category with Subs LC.

Originally posted by comerhop
Hi,
EB2- I140 approved on 8/7/03, Filing date 6/26/03

To ladka26,

It seems to me that all subs got delayed in comparison with original, mine is subs and rd 06/03 and some guys with orig. have posted here some results in 2 weeks of rd. ... well it's just speculation ...
And thaks to everybody for posting those RD, AD and other info.