I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

ladka26 and All,

If your case is a concurrent filing (I140 & I485 filed together on the same day), there is a delay in approving I140 because they verify some I485 details also.

Mine is such a case and EB2 I140 RD date is 05/13/2003 and till now there is no response.

Also I would suggest to read murthy bulletin this week

Concurrent Filing include File I-485 seperately Before I-140 Approved?

My reciept date for 140D (prof. with advanced degree) is Aug. 7th, 03 at California Service Center. I have not filed I-485 yet. Does concurrent filing include filing I485 seperate from I-140 but before I-140 approval?

The reason to ask is I am concerned California Service Center may slow down I-140 significantly due to directing resources away from I-140 to work on some religious worker petition cases (somebody else posted a memo somewhere here). I also heard probably from an HR person that I-140 takes 8 to 12 months. I thought when I chose not to do concurrent filing that in Califorina I-140 takes a few months to be approved.

Thanks,
Mingjing

Hi Mingjing,
How did you find that I140 takes one year in california-EB2 category. That's scary! I thought it's taking one month ( as of 8/1/03 they are processing 7/17/03 ). If I140 takes one year..there is no point going for consular processing for me. I may file 485 then.

Can you/anyone please confirm on this i-140 timing issue.

Thanks,
Desi145

Is the delay only for concurrent filers??

Murhty bulletin says this,

"Since the religious worker petitions include I-485s, it may be reasonable to assume that the I-485 examiners will be working on religious worker I-485s rather than other types of I-485s. "

My understanding is only the I-485 is going to be delayed but for concurrent filers, as some body mentioned in this thread, if I-485 filing has to be verified then we may expect some delays. So for regular I-140 there should not be any delays.

Mine is concurrent.

You may still get it in one month

Originally posted by desi145
Hi Mingjing,
How did you find that I140 takes one year in california-EB2 category. That's scary! I thought it's taking one month ( as of 8/1/03 they are processing 7/17/03 ). If I140 takes one year..there is no point going for consular processing for me. I may file 485 then.

Can you/anyone please confirm on this i-140 timing issue.

Thanks,
Desi145

Hi Desi145

If the delay is only for concurrent filers. You should get your I-140 in one or two months.

Hi Ppl

In my case, I-140 was filed first and then after 2 weeks I-485 was filed. I got my I-140 approved in ~ 1 month. May be that is the way to go if you think concurrent filing (140 and 485 AT THE SAME TIME) hurts....

Thanks
Dumeel

Thanks rk4gc and dumeel

Hi rk4gc and Dumeel,
Thanks for your quick replies.
I think I will just wait for 3 months. If I get 140 by that time..that's good. otherwise I will ask the attorney to file 485.

I don't mean to scare anybody quoting an HR person told me I-140 takes 8 to 12 monhts. This HR person could well be wrong - thus I was asking anybody knows on average I-140 approval time.
Now my strategy is to wait 2 to 3 months. If I don't hear anything on my I-140, will ask lawyer to file I-485 then (I assume this is doable and classified as Concurrent Filing as well).
By the way, I don't understand comment on diverting resources will only affect I-140 with concurrent filing - I have not seen I-485 adjustment of status case moving at all (the case assignment stopped long time ago on those recieved on Nov. 16th, 2002, if you track CSC processing time report). Comment?
Mingjing

Mingjing, let's create tracker

Hi mingjing,
I am also thinking about doing the same thing.

You are right about 485 processing. I heard that they are stuck at nov'2001 since last 6 months ( since february'03 )

Also, I think we should create a EB2 tracker list, which can give an idea how long time it takes on average.

Maybe we can include userid/filing date/notice date/any RFE/approval date/concurrent or CP

e.g. desi145,8/6/2003,pending,pending,pending,CP

What you suggest,
Desi145

I am not familiar with how to do posting here. If you can start a tracker placeholder, I will be happy to fill my current info. Mingjingu

A Friend of mine recently got I-140 Approved in 23 days!!!

Details:

RD : 06/30/03
AD : 07/23/03.

EB2 category.

Mine was applied in EB3

RD: 07/17/03
WAC 03-214-5XXX
Waiting .......

Though my lawyer sent a reply for RFE BCIS website is not updated yet ?

My I140 Receipt Date is 1/15/03.
RFE was sent out by BCIS on 4/29/03.
My lawer replied on 7/18/03(after reminding him a number of times). The reply was sent thru UPS, from the tracking # I found that the mail was delivered to BCIS , California on 7/21/03.

But BCIS online status still says that "on April 29, 2003 We sent out a mail requesting additional information......."

Anyone facing the same problem ? How long does it take for BCIS to update the status saying that they have recvd the documents.

By the way, the RFE was regarding company's tax documents and last 3 months paystubs.

Thanx t3k. Did you receive yours? Does that mean we can not check our status until we receive the receipt? Is there any other way to find out the case number?

Didn't receive mine yet, it was posted a week ago. (Fragomen is very slow)
BTW, if Fragomen is your lawyer, beware of their policy: They advise the company only, so much that they work against you. For example, they advised my company against concurrent processing to keep me longer under the chains of GC processing.

t3k

Hi needluck4gc,t3k,

mine was filed around 6th august, haven't received the receipt/WAC number yet.
T3K--> sorry to hear your attorney experience. In my company case, attorney is pretty good. Usually attorneys don't suggest to go for consular processing, ( as they lose money of I485 stage). But my company lawyer explained me whole process of CP and suggested me to do that.

Anyone got any approvals lately, filed on or after 7/15/03 ??

Desi145

Hi needluck4gc,t3k.

I just got the faxed copy from the attorney.
Looked at the status online and says the following.

We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 158 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What do they mean by between 158 and 60 days? Is it a common message for everyone?

Desi145

RFE Status not updated yet

My RD is 1/15/03
RFE: 4/29/03
RFE replied on 7/18/03
BCIS website still says that RFE was sent out on 4/29/03.
Can any one help me and let me know how long does it take for status to be updated on BCIS website. Anyone in similar situation ?

thanks!