I-140 CALIFORNIA EB2 Tracker only

I guess CSC did not update the online case status, thus scan result won't show it. The reason CSC has not updated online could be one of two reasons: 1. too slow (this is good); 2. this particular case is reviewed EARLY because it is a special case (this is bad news for rest of us because this means most of us won't get early attention. Even if we do, it means we have a special case...). Just my 2 cents guess...

they are lazy for sure. i don't know about **early** processing but i really hope they advance. i'm too tired of this. this is on my mind 24/7. if companies are laying off people left and right, how can CSC guys take years and years to process GC?

it would be good if we can see any other aug and EB2 case progress other than this.

One theory I can give is this,

It might be because of me sending petitions by faxes and participating in project OCEAN activitis. As part of it I sent petition and my case details to my congress persons and Senators with immigrationportal.com I-485 petition. I've attended Town Hall meetings and personally submitted petitions with my case details.

So I think working for cause as volunteer not only benifits the community but also to the individual too.

Wake up guys, see the light, participate in project OCEAN. And who knows you may get your GC in One year.

Check the link in my Signature and other threads in California I-485 forum.

Good luck to everybody and to me too :)

Lets hope the best,

and I got sort of news too ... my case I-140 status is available on bcis website case status page from today 12/18 ...
Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on June 3, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
It took 6 months to display the info, initially it was not available, so something is brewing and my ead is on hold since october ...

RFE

I found out from the online status check that an RFE has just been issued on my I-140. Might take a few days for my employer/lawyer to get it.

In the meantime, does any one know all common RFE scenarios ? What possible addl . info they could be looking for? Also, if an RFE is issued, is an I-140 application at great risk?? What is the time frame for processing once the information is provided?

My EAD is on hold and I have 3 months remaining on my 6 yr. H1 term. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I think you have 3 months( or is it 6 months) and the INS responds in 30 days - so make sure you respond quickly. Heard most of them are on companys' ability to pay and educational credentials.Whats your RD/ND? Its good to see some activity finally

Re: RD

Originally posted by popsy
By the way, my Receipt Date is 8/19/03.

So its a good news, unofficially they are processing August Cases. Atleast sendng RFEs.

popsy,

What I observed is mostly the RFEs are for W2s, Income Tax returns and some times educational qualifications.

If it is for Educational Qualifications there is some risk. Otherwise there is n't any risk as long as the company is doing good and we have been on pay roll during our stay in US.

to rk4gc

Thanks for your reply. My concern is re. my EB category - I qualify for EB2 (post grad with more than 3 yrs experience) whereas they assigned it EB3 - When I noticed it, I mentioned it to my lawyer and he sent BCIS a letter requesting a change of category - this happened sometime late Sep'03... I don't know if that request will cause any issues now.. as per my lawyer, it will not help or hurt the case... If it has to do with W2s or being on payroll, I will be ok..

thats bizzare - but obviously its been processed under EB2 since EB3 dates are somewhere in Jan this year. It would have been another 1-2 years before they got to your app had it been EB3

Re: to rk4gc

Originally posted by popsy
Thanks for your reply. My concern is re. my EB category - I qualify for EB2 (post grad with more than 3 yrs experience) whereas they assigned it EB3 - When I noticed it, I mentioned it to my lawyer and he sent BCIS a letter requesting a change of category - this happened sometime late Sep'03... I don't know if that request will cause any issues now.. as per my lawyer, it will not help or hurt the case... If it has to do with W2s or being on payroll, I will be ok..

As no_hope_desi mentioned yours might be moved to EB2. But any how whether an I-140 is EB2 or EB3 is decided by the requirement of the postion not by the educational qualifications/experience of the applicant.

Your company should support that the position requires at least MS to process in EB2. Your lawyer might have took care about it.

So, it might be regular RFE for Finacial Stability of the company. They ask same documents again and again. Even though you have submitted all the required documents, you dont need to get surprised if the RFE asks for all your W2s, income tax returns, experience certificates, Educational Certificates again.

We just need to keep every thing ready to send :) .

to popsy

popsy,

check this below I-140 case. Its EB3 but still the RFE might be relevent to us. This guy is good. He gave very detailed info of his processing. I appreciate him.

btw, let me know if you learned any thing about your RFE. I'll update you once I get mine.
My I-140(EB3) and AP got approved on 11/04/03 and 11/07/03

Here are the details…

LC filed RIR with California EDD on ------ 05/24/01
California EDD received on ------------- 05/29/01
EDD transmitted to DOL on ------------ 12/17/01
LC was approved on ------------------- 10/22/02

I-140 filed EB3 on --------------------- 12/04/02
I-140 Notice Date --------------------- 12/05/02 WAC-03-052-5xxxx

RFE issued on -------------------------- 08/5/03
RFE for:
1) Companies Ability to pay
2) My last 2 years tax documents
3) Transcripts (though we gave it before)
4) Previous job's Pay statements, contracts and/or tax document showing full time work
Replied RFE on-------------------------- 10/08/03

I-140 was approved---------------------11/04/03

Filed 485, AP & EAD with I-140 receipt on -- 03/28/03
485, AP & EAD Notice Date ---------------- 04/01/03 WAC-03-139-5xxxx
Fingerprint Notification received on-------- 04/24/03
Fingerprint Completed on ----------------- 04/29/03
Results of fingerprint received by INS on --- 05/01/03
APs was Approved on ------------------- 11/07/03 (valid for one year)
No RFE
Still EAD & I-485 Pending...

encouraging

Its very encouraging to see that they are processing Aug 19 cases. I hope they keep this momentum going for next 4 or 5 weeks before they think they worked too much :)

It will be more comforting if they update their processing times to reflect this officially.

to rk4gc

If your 140 gets approved, do you still have to wait for EAD or can you go get iEAD for sure (without any "hold" crap)

thanks

Re: encouraging

Hi Immportuser,
Would you please let me know that how did you come to a conclusion that the BCIS is processing August 19 cases now. I am confused.
Thanks,

Originally posted by immportuser
Its very encouraging to see that they are processing Aug 19 cases. I hope they keep this momentum going for next 4 or 5 weeks before they think they worked too much :)

It will be more comforting if they update their processing times to reflect this officially.

Re: to rk4gc

Originally posted by immportuser
If your 140 gets approved, do you still have to wait for EAD or can you go get iEAD for sure (without any "hold" crap)

thanks
I think I should be able to get iEAD without any problem.

To popsy & candie

Hi popsy,

My RD is the same as yours and mine is EB2 as well. I just checked my status on line and it's still in received status. Would you please tell me your first 2 digital of your receipt number? Mine is 54XXX. Thanks.

Hi Candie,

I remember your RD is on Aug 19 too. Did you hear anything new about your I-140?

needluck