I-140 Approved after Aug ,Please share the Information

alren said:
prosix,

Just keep cool. I don't know why are U so frustated. Your case seems to be on track. Yeah, maybe there might be a additional weeks time for you compared to others, but that should not be a problem. Keep in mind, that just because it's X no. of days for somebody does not mean the same will happen with you.

Just have patience. All your cards seem to be falling in the right places. :)

Thanks alren, but I am not frustated due to delay. I am frustated due to misguided/nonstandard message system at NVC and hopefully.

I am not comparing my case to Mr. XYZ's case and kind of have idea that XYZ can not be compared to ABC :D

DGL_GL said:
My I-140 was approved on July 15, EB2, CSC.My NVC case was created only in Nov 5 :(

Here is another example of irregularities at NVC. :(

I think you need be really lucky to get your GC smoothly.

I personally wish you good luck.

Nvc

my I-140 was approved but petition never sent to NVC (despite our clearly stating CP intent on the I-140 petition!!). i am told that the (then) INS assumed that since i was a resident in the US, i intended to go via the AOS route. frustrating!!

Prosix and I have had very similar cases... both FL based, EB3 I believe, quite close in getting things approved.
Unfortunately my NVC case has yet to follow your lead though!! I am still waiting for the case to be logged at the NVC with an I-140 approval date of 9/23.

As you said, it would be better for all if there was transparent consistency in the process.

praytx said:
i have an update on my case.

finally rcvd all fee receipts from NVC on 10/22/2004. fees sent to STL on 10/25/2004. updated my record on cptracker.com.

srinivas,

technically, u shud go to the consulate under whose jurisdiction u reside in. am not sure how u got ur visa issued at Mumbai but am assuming the consulate did their due diligence (not always the case) b4 issuing a visa at Mumbai. having said that, they have also set a precedent for ur case as u can claim to be in their jurisdiction now. where does this put ur CP case? my best answer wud be to email both consualtes and see what they say?

Parytx, My H1B was issued from Mumbai since at that time I was residing in that region. My company opened a development center in bangalore and since last two years I am in bangalore and also had my passport renewed in bangalore and a B1 visa from chennai consulate. My guess is, since I submitted my old passport copies with I140 application, which had the H1 stamp from Mumbai, may be the reason for overlooking the fact that I am residing in the Bangalore which falls under Chennai and put my case for Mumbai. My lawyer had emailed to chennai consulate, they sent a form DS-3098 to filled and sent to the consulate. This is a request form to transfer the case from one consulate to other. One thing I am not sure is whether chennai consulate will send the request to Mumbai or NVC. To me it looks like this will delay the process, so I am considering not to put in any request for change and just stick to Mumbai... Any updates on your request to NVC?

-sg

in my case, there is no stamp ever from Chennai us consulate. we clearly indicated Mumbai as the consulate and all my past stamps in PP are from Mumbai. so in my case, IMHO, its just a gross oversight and need to get it corrected. altho can anyone shed on any light by when this needs to occur. ie, before sending in P3 or it doesnt matter?

naveenav,
in my case, NVC created a fe bill receipt on 10/4/04 and we received it on 10/22/204. we are in TX (dont know if it matters). good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
DGL_GL said:
My I-140 was approved on July 15, EB2, CSC.My NVC case was created only in Nov 5 :(

DGL_GL, What steps did you take? My I-140 was approved July 26 (TSC, EB2) and NVC is yet to receive the case. From our side, we have faxed a copy of the I-140 approval to them. Still waiting :(

I spoke to an agent at NVC and it seems that my case arrived there 11/4.
It will take a few weeks for the case to be logged according to the person I spoke to.

Case details:
TSC - I-140 AD, 9/23, EB3
NVC Arrival date - 11/4
Case not yet logged

sg,

i called nvc this week and they have changed my case to Mumbai as per my request earlier. Only confusing thing for me now is I have two case numbers at NVC now (one with MDR and one with BMB) and they both have the same status when I go thru the AVM. I would have thought that the old case number (MDR) would become invalid now. I am hoping that this does not mean that there is still some room for a screw up at NVC and they end up sending my case to Chennai. maybe I am reading too much into it and will just be patient :)

good luck with urs.

sg,

here are the sequence of events. the lawyer faxed the request once in 2nd week of 9/04...i followed up by phone at end of 9/04...NVC said they r reviewing the request...i followed up again by phone end of 10/04 with NVC. now NVC claimed they had never recd the request. so lawyer refaxed the request 1st week of 11/04. I followed up wnd week of 11/04 and the case has been reassigned to Mumbai consulate with a 'BMB' case number.

intezar_imtehan,

if i look up my nvc case number thru my I-140 its my new 'BMB' case number. I know what ur suggesting, its just that I am skeptical with this whole thing given the way my case has proceeded.

June,
Thanks for update, I am still waiting for fee bill.

By the way what is your calculation on inerview date? I came up with expected date of Mid april.

Prosix,
Your lawyer should receive it by Monday-Tuesday.
About interview date , My guess is also mid april or early may. But i am worried about eb3 priority date issue :(
-june04

whats next after I140

Dear Gurus,

My I140 approved on 25th October 2004.

How many days it takes to reach NVC? Will the case status change after it reached NVC?

Will VSC sends it directly? or we have to mail approved notice to NVC?

I am in India, will Packet 3 documents be sent to Indian address?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Mohan

My 140 was approved on11/02/04, 20 days after receving response for my RFE (employers ability to pay and my W2)

USCIS sends approved 140 to NVC. Provided you mentioned CP option in ur 140 application.
Look at ur 140 approval notice . It should talk about National Visa center.
It takes about a month to get case created in NVC after 140 approval.

estimate

if I -140 [EB2 ] was approved in the first week of November. Can some one suggest earliest or latest possible estimated date for interview at mumbai consulate for EB2 cases based on current trends.