I-140 Applications in Security Check

punjabi007 said:
Sensat:- I have filled my EAD and AP application I was about to send it, do you think I need to apply online rather than snail mail ? How do you pay via online ? What document they need ? I mean don't we have to send them PHOTO etc ?

Also If some one can tell me where I need to send my application for EAD and AP. My I140/485 are pending with NSC

Thanks

You have to send the same documents by mail too. It just includes a step filling up online. They used a credit card to pay the fees.My wife applied on sep 8, she still didnt get her fingerprinting. I had filed online on sep 22 and it got approved today.

So my suggestion is to file online and then send the documents in.

I-140 under security check

Guys,
I saw this thread for the first time and I am in the same boat as you guys are. In fact my 140 is pending since May 2002. So many inquiries through AILA, attorney and congressman. No results.
It's under security check.

Finally I have filed for an upgrade to premium processing recenlty.
Waiting for the response .

Thanks,

I-140 under security check

INS returned the request for upgrade with the check that we sent.
They said that your case is transferred to local chicago office so we can not complete the request withing 15 days. Please contact chicago office.

Thanks,

thats interesting, did u try to contact @ Chicago office ? Since your signature does not have your detail , I assume your i140/i475 is still panding ? Did u ever applied for EAD or Advance parol ? was it your laobor or sub labor ? Are you with still same company ?

I am from Chicago too and still in chicago. May be we can share some notes. I have applied for 3 yrs H1 extenssion based on my i140 approved from another company and wating for it to apprived before I try for upgrade this case to PP

Thanks

Any updates from anyone ??
Also can you share your EAD and AP experience , I applied for renewal of EAD and AP on Oct 21st, how long it is taking to get these applications

Thanks, Please keep this thread alive till all of us have approval.

response from senator's office

Got a letter from senator's office saying our 140 has been assigned to an officer for adjudication on Nov8th. It also says however our case is pending some background checks.

arvindbpatel said:
INS returned the request for upgrade with the check that we sent.
They said that your case is transferred to local chicago office so we can not complete the request withing 15 days. Please contact chicago office.

Thanks,
Arvind, Did you go to Chicago Office ?

colts_fan said:
USCIS recived the premium processing request on 10/03 and they approved it on 10/05.

My I140 filed in VSC last April-05 using sub. labor and so far no updates. My attorney initiated couple of enquiries and got letters stating that they are working on this case and will inform the decision in 60-90 days..but no information after that.

I took an infopass appointment and the lady informed that my case is in name check and I was bit confused then as I was under an impression that name check belongs to I485.

I sent a letter to Senator last month, so far I have not received any communication. Also can we covert the existing case form regular ro premium by retaining the EAC# and Priority date and filling date.. bcoz I am on my second EAD and do not want to jeopordize that.

Eb3 (sub. labor) PD: 03/2001
I140/485: Filed on 04/22/05, FP (code3) complered on 05/13/06, no message change
2nd EAD; AD:04/2006
2nd AP: AD:11/2006
waiting for I40 and I485

Last edited by a moderator:
140 approved after 14 months

Finally, received the magic email that the 140 is approved. Look at the signature for details. Case is substitute labor using a copy

Congrats Chichu

My case is also labor substitute. However got rfe for original labor and uscis requested for duplicate from dol. In sept it is transfered to NSC. I contacted local congresswoman to send an inquiry. After many inquiries, they got response this week that my case is pending because of Name check. I don't understand why it I140 would be pending because of name check. I applied for 485 this aug.

Any suggestion. should i contact senator also.? How do i take infopass appointment for I140 since it is a company application. Can i upgrade to premium processing.?

chicchu said:
Finally, received the magic email that the 140 is approved. Look at the signature for details. Case is substitute labor using a copy

GCscare said:
My case is also labor substitute. However got rfe for original labor and uscis requested for duplicate from dol. In sept it is transfered to NSC. I contacted local congresswoman to send an inquiry. After many inquiries, they got response this week that my case is pending because of Name check. I don't understand why it I140 would be pending because of name check. I applied for 485 this aug.

Any suggestion. should i contact senator also.? How do i take infopass appointment for I140 since it is a company application. Can i upgrade to premium processing.?
You will bot be able to upgrade to premium because your case does not have a original labor. Infopass is useless, we took that and it was a waste of time. Contacting the senator will help. Just be patient,you will get your approval

slkrk said:
My I140 filed in VSC last April-05 using sub. labor and so far no updates. My attorney initiated couple of enquiries and got letters stating that they are working on this case and will inform the decision in 60-90 days..but no information after that.

I took an infopass appointment and the lady informed that my case is in name check and I was bit confused then as I was under an impression that name check belongs to I485.

I sent a letter to Senator last month, so far I have not received any communication. Also can we covert the existing case form regular ro premium by retaining the EAC# and Priority date and filling date.. bcoz I am on my second EAD and do not want to jeopordize that.

Eb3 (sub. labor) PD: 03/2001
I140/485: Filed on 04/22/05, FP (code3) complered on 05/13/06, no message change
2nd EAD; AD:04/2006
2nd AP: AD:11/2006
waiting for I40 and I485

I contacted the local sentaor's office and they called VSC about my case and it seems my case is peding as VSC folks are wiating for original labor cert and they requested DOL for this.

My case is filed using sub. labor and it looks like my attorney did not use original labor to file my I140 and 485. What are my alternatives.

I talked to my employer and he is going to talk to my attorney and see what they can do for me, but my question is if my employer has the original labor cert, can he send it to USCIS? IF any one of you in this forum ran into this situation, please let me know the steps that you followed.

Thanks in advance for your information

slkrk,

I am in similiar situation. However my case is transferred to NSC and now pending there. Did you get an RFE for original labor .? If your company had original labor then they should have submitted in response to RFE. Ask your lawyer if they can submit now if your company has original.

In my case, my lawyer said they did submitt the original but somehow got lost in USCIS and then VSC send rfe to us and we asked thme to request from DOL and then USCIS requested duplicate from DOL.

I contacte local congresswoman but they got response from NSC that my I-140 is pending for background check just last week. I have no idea what can I do now. Should I contact senator.? Is going through senator is better than congressmen.?

slkrk said:
I contacted the local sentaor's office and they called VSC about my case and it seems my case is peding as VSC folks are wiating for original labor cert and they requested DOL for this.

My case is filed using sub. labor and it looks like my attorney did not use original labor to file my I140 and 485. What are my alternatives.

I talked to my employer and he is going to talk to my attorney and see what they can do for me, but my question is if my employer has the original labor cert, can he send it to USCIS? IF any one of you in this forum ran into this situation, please let me know the steps that you followed.

Thanks in advance for your information

GCscare said:
slkrk,

I am in similiar situation. However my case is transferred to NSC and now pending there. Did you get an RFE for original labor .? If your company had original labor then they should have submitted in response to RFE. Ask your lawyer if they can submit now if your company has original.

In my case, my lawyer said they did submitt the original but somehow got lost in USCIS and then VSC send rfe to us and we asked thme to request from DOL and then USCIS requested duplicate from DOL.

I contacte local congresswoman but they got response from NSC that my I-140 is pending for background check just last week. I have no idea what can I do now. Should I contact senator.? Is going through senator is better than congressmen.?

I have not received any RFE and no update waht so ever since we file the application. I came to know about this information Senators office representative. I submitted a case request form to Senators office 1 1/2 month back and they called me this morning and informed that it is still pending and the reason is USCIS requested original labor cert from DOL.

When we made inquiries about my case, we were always getting the response stating that they are processing my case. I contacted my company HR and they are going to talk to attorney tomorrow and let me know what should we do on this.

We have not got any notice from them stating that they need original labor and sending it proactively to them is a good idea or not. As they are not careful with the paper work.

Please keep me posted about your case updates.

Thanks!!

Slkrk,

My I-140 is approved. I received the approval emails. Looks like lot of I-140 got approved recently.

slkrk said:
I have not received any RFE and no update waht so ever since we file the application. I came to know about this information Senators office representative. I submitted a case request form to Senators office 1 1/2 month back and they called me this morning and informed that it is still pending and the reason is USCIS requested original labor cert from DOL.

When we made inquiries about my case, we were always getting the response stating that they are processing my case. I contacted my company HR and they are going to talk to attorney tomorrow and let me know what should we do on this.

We have not got any notice from them stating that they need original labor and sending it proactively to them is a good idea or not. As they are not careful with the paper work.

Please keep me posted about your case updates.

Thanks!!

My case is also pending for background name check and I came to know about this today. I don't know when this saga ends.

Best wishes..