I-140 Applications in Security Check

I-140 pending for name check?

I just called USCIS and the lady in NSC told me that my I-140 was pending for name check? Is this normal? Or people are randomly picked up for this? From my understanding, name check is for I-485 only

BTW, my receipt date for I-140 is 10/16/2006

Thanks,

hopefor2007 :- Does NSC respond any question regarding I-140 to applicant ? I thought employer or attorney can call them only ? Wha number you called at ?

hopefor2007 said:
I just called USCIS and the lady in NSC told me that my I-140 was pending for name check? Is this normal? Or people are randomly picked up for this? From my understanding, name check is for I-485 only

BTW, my receipt date for I-140 is 10/16/2006

Thanks,

NSC number

I just called the 800 number from the receipt notice. And the lady is very nice. You will have to follow the following key:

1-800-375-5283

1-2-2-6-1-case number-1-3-4

I also checked my I-485 case status, (filed concurrently with I-140) which is also pending on name check.

I have called the above number but operator refuses to give details

I have called the above number but operator refuses to give details since i am not the petionner as i am just beneficiary. Also My attroney called USCIS siz months ago for case status and there was no response since then.

Very very scary.

gc_petioner said:
I have called the above number but operator refuses to give details since i am not the petionner as i am just beneficiary. Also My attroney called USCIS siz months ago for case status and there was no response since then.

Very very scary.
I too had similar experience. And also, I submitted an inquiry and the CSR took the details and filed inquiry. But I got a letter from USCIS that I can not request an inquiry on I140 since I'm benificiery. My attorney don't try to call USCIS since she says my case is not past due. Don't know what is happening and all the cases before after me except one are all approved or sent/recieved RFEs. But mine is not touched at all.

punjabi007 said:
Any update from SC/NC for poeple whose I140 is pending ?
I just called the 1800 number and talked to NSC agent. She was saying my security clearance is still pending and my I140 approval is also depend on the security clearance. So, it affects the whole concurrent case.

Thanks!

HelloGC :- Did you ask her about your I485 status or i140 ? I called couple of week back she read the status which I can see online.

hellogc_2006 said:
I just called the 1800 number and talked to NSC agent. She was saying my security clearance is still pending and my I140 approval is also depend on the security clearance. So, it affects the whole concurrent case.

Thanks!

punjabi007 said:
HelloGC :- Did you ask her about your I485 status or i140 ? I called couple of week back she read the status which I can see online.
I talked to NSC agent, not customer service representative (CSR), using 'hopefor2007' 1800 number sequence. CSRs won't have any info other than what we see online and they can only open a service ticket. NSC agent didn't tell my I140 status since I'm not pertitioner, but looked at my I1485 status and told me that Security clearence was still pending and it would take a while to get the clearance if it is pending more than 6 months. When I asked her whether my I140 is on hold because of my security clearance, she put me on hold and checked and got back to me, and said I140 can not be approved until security clearance is done.

Best of luck

hellogc_2006 said:
I talked to NSC agent, not customer service representative (CSR), using 'hopefor2007' 1800 number sequence. CSRs won't have any info other than what we see online and they can only open a service ticket. NSC agent didn't tell my I140 status since I'm not pertitioner, but looked at my I1485 status and told me that Security clearence was still pending and it would take a while to get the clearance if it is pending more than 6 months. When I asked her whether my I140 is on hold because of my security clearance, she put me on hold and checked and got back to me, and said I140 can not be approved until security clearance is done.

Best of luck

Did you see LUD (on your spouse's case) when your spouse's security clearance was done?

SetMax said:
Did you see LUD (on your spouse's case) when your spouse's security clearance was done?
No I didn't. We both got LUD on our cases after we had our FP.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks HelloGc, I called and spoke to agent for good 10 min, she was great but told me the same thing security check, although it has been two year since I applied 140/485. She told me that there is comment on my 140 for SC but says hold for futher clarification but she thinks this due to security check.
I asked her if there is anyway I can expedite it she said not she knows off.

I DON:T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW.

hellogc_2006 said:

Best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I'm writing after long time. Let me give you a back ground.
My 140 was filed in May 2002 and was under security check and they transferred to local chicago office. So many times tried but they always said it's under security check.
Tried to upgrade in premium but they returned the check by saying that it's in chicago office.

So, I contacted chicago INS via congressman in Dec 06 first week and they promised congressman to transfer the case to Nebraska service center within 30 days.

They did so and NSC issued a big RFE on my case. We haven't responded yet.
Here are the documents they are asking for .

1. A complete copy of company's 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005
federal business tax returns (including all schedules).
2. A copy of Company's IRS Form 941 Quarterly Federal Tax form
for the first two quarters of 2006.
3. A copy of the Company's State Unemployment Compensation Report
form for the first two quarters of 2006.
4. A copy of my W-2 from 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and
5. A copy of my most recent paystub.

I think my employer will take a time to prepare all this.

Let's what happens next.

Thanks,

arvindbpatel said:
Hi,
I'm writing after long time. Let me give you a back ground.
My 140 was filed in May 2002 and was under security check and they transferred to local chicago office. So many times tried but they always said it's under security check.
Tried to upgrade in premium but they returned the check by saying that it's in chicago office.

So, I contacted chicago INS via congressman in Dec 06 first week and they promised congressman to transfer the case to Nebraska service center within 30 days.

They did so and NSC issued a big RFE on my case. We haven't responded yet.
Here are the documents they are asking for .

1. A complete copy of company's 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005
federal business tax returns (including all schedules).
2. A copy of Company's IRS Form 941 Quarterly Federal Tax form
for the first two quarters of 2006.
3. A copy of the Company's State Unemployment Compensation Report
form for the first two quarters of 2006.
4. A copy of my W-2 from 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and
5. A copy of my most recent paystub.

I think my employer will take a time to prepare all this.

Let's what happens next.

Thanks,
If you filed in May 2002, then why would you be waiting until Dec 2006? Did you try any other way around? Did you file concurrently or I485 filed later?

When did they transfer your case to chicago office?

Hope this time, it is done.

Thanks!

I 140

That's the worst part, they have the application since 2002.
I did file 485 in 2002 itself (concurrent rule)

I regularly contacted cogressman (every 120 days) but no result.
This time it worked.

They transferred to local office in 2003.

Thanks,

Congrats

Glad to see one of the older(oldest?) I-140 approval.

I'm kinda sick of seeing your face in the I-140 forum ;) .

Hopefully I get mine approved without an RFE. If they issue an RFE, my I-140 will most definitely get denied.

Good luck with the I-485

snafu said:
Glad to see one of the older(oldest?) I-140 approval.

I'm kinda sick of seeing your face in the I-140 forum ;) .

Hopefully I get mine approved without an RFE. If they issue an RFE, my I-140 will most definitely get denied.

Good luck with the I-485
Did you ever inquire why your case either got rfe/approval until now? It is more than two years that you hve applied your I140.

Even PP doesn't help...

I've heard cases where people don't hear about their I140 approval within the 15-day limit because of the background check. If that's true, there's no point to convert to PP if you are stuck in I140 background check.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

If what 'immigration-law.com' says true on susbstitution cases, all the I140 cases with LC Sub which are still pending will be denied and I don't know how far that is true since no one saw final regulations yet. Hope they delete this provision.